U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 06:34 PM

387 posts, read 425,695 times

Advertisements

what a joke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 07:23 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,462,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Minister Creflo Dollar asks for $60 million in donations for a new jet - CNN.com

So Pastor Dollar, who is seeking major dollars (sorry, I couldn't help it), can't fly coach to spread the gospel? Even first clas flights wouldn't cost anywhere close to $60 million for all of this guy's travels. Note, that figure doesn't even get into fuel costs! And people wonder why I'm so fed up with many of these pastors aka pimps of the pulpit. Seriously, I'm disgusted. Somewhat surprisingly, though, Dollar is being very open about matters, which I don't normally see mega church pastors do in such instances.
This is why religions should be outlawed. They are the biggest scam in the history of the world.

Old 03-15-2015, 05:32 PM

9,693 posts, read 5,313,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
This is why religions should be outlawed. They are the biggest scam in the history of the world.
I have no problem with religion inherently, though I do have a huge problem with some of the religious people responsible for molding and interpreting doctrine.

Old 03-15-2015, 05:50 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,746,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I have no problem with religion inherently, though I do have a huge problem with some of the religious people responsible for molding and interpreting doctrine.

This.

Old 03-15-2015, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Given the inherent gullibility of a religious flock, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he gets every last cent.

From the article:

No Gulfstream can get from New York to Los Angeles in 2.5 hours - Gulfstream has never built a supersonic aircraft. Even the Concorde couldn't quite have made that run when you factor in takeoff/climb and descent/landing, even if it had been allowed to operate supersonically over CONUS.
I'm actually pleased to see how much negative feedback this is getting on Twitter, in the news, etc. Still, like you, I wouldn't be shocked if Dollar got every cent he's asking for as his followers have already enriched him to where he has a net worth of $27 million and already finance a multi-million dollar church operation. Not to mention they already paid for the current plane/fuel that the pastor uses to "spread the gospel."

Old 03-16-2015, 12:01 AM

9,862 posts, read 13,243,632 times
I can't believe American Greed hasn't done an episode on that scumbag.

Slick Willy can talk that's for sure.

He probably networks with Al

Old 03-16-2015, 12:11 AM

15,114 posts, read 8,628,685 times
An epidemic of reposting on CD lately

Megachurch pastor seeks donations for pricey private jet

Old 03-16-2015, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
An epidemic of reposting on CD lately

Megachurch pastor seeks donations for pricey private jet
Hey, my thread was here nearly a full day before you started yours

Old 03-16-2015, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
I can't believe American Greed hasn't done an episode on that scumbag.

Slick Willy can talk that's for sure.

He probably networks with Al
He's certainly a prime fit for an episode. Him and just about every other mega church pastor!

And this guy is far above Al Sharpton. While Al is raking in the bucks through some shoddy dealings, he still hasn't been able to amass a $27 million fortune like this guy. And to the Rev. Al's credit (can't believe I'm somewhat sticking up for Al ), at least he has a legitimate job outside of shaking people down in media (MSNBC show, radio show, etc.).

Old 03-16-2015, 12:48 AM

By the way, Creflo Dollar and every other preacher/minister who is earning a salary (no matter how small) are a huge reason why I admire the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Mormon bishops don't earn any pay for their service (it's all done on a volunteer-basis) and even missionaries self-fund their trips. And, yet, the Mormon Church is an extremely fast-growing religion. If Mormon bishops/elders can spread their message and grow their church without a salary (forget about a private jet) and through spending their own money, Creflo can do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or