U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 07:12 PM

9,693 posts, read 5,283,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Well we have the liberty to be foolish with our money.

I find it ridiculous, however no more so than many Gofund me requests.
True. And for those people who want to give their money after having a full understanding of who this man is, then I will have nothing to say about how they spend their money. My problem is with those who are/were previously unaware of Dollar's practices before giving money to his organization. That's why I applaud stories like this going viral. Well, that, and also the momentum that these stories provide for efforts to reform the tax exempt status given to certain organizations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 07:13 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,051,698 times
I love Christ and am a Christian. And I promise you that this man and his preachings are a front for materialism.

I read this article about the jet he wants a few days ago.

I'm hoping that his desire for continued material wealth and that jet will not come to fruition. Shame on him!!!

Old 03-16-2015, 07:22 PM

9,693 posts, read 5,283,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
I love Christ and am a Christian. And I promise you that this man and his preachings are a front for materialism.

I read this article about the jet he wants a few days ago.

I'm hoping that his desire for continued material wealth and that jet will not come to fruition. Shame on him!!!
I'm with you. Unfortunately for all things decent, I believe that he will get what he's asking for. Heck, he already has a private jet paid for by the church/parishioners . . . he's merely trying to replace it as its getting too old for him.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:14 AM

8,623 posts, read 5,898,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
This is why religions should be outlawed. They are the biggest scam in the history of the world.

What else would YOU have outlawed to suit YOU?

Statements like yours are dangerous.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:06 AM

1,431 posts, read 659,460 times
This doesn't surprise me and is one of the reasons I don't enjoy going to church. Creflo Handout has been doing this for years, but it seems he's getting more bold. Pastors do this everywhere. I refuse to line the pockets of some douche that preys on ignorant folks looking for a miracle.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:09 AM

21 posts, read 20,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
Some people have no shame, he can't believe in god and ask people to buy his a private jet. If he believes in god why not ask god to give him one for free.
AMEN and AMEN!! God will , can and does provide for all of our needs ( wants to ) but not so sure a 60Mil Jet will bring him much glory.
Like the folk in other countries are going to really be impressed.Not sure they care how you got there just as long as you are willing to help them. Can you imagine what 60Mil would do in one of the countries, WOW!!!!
Heck what it would do to improve an area for the better, WOW!!! I think that's what God would do

Old 03-17-2015, 05:14 AM

32,564 posts, read 17,664,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Minister Creflo Dollar asks for $60 million in donations for a new jet - CNN.com

So Pastor Dollar, who is seeking major dollars (sorry, I couldn't help it), can't fly coach to spread the gospel? Even first clas flights wouldn't cost anywhere close to $60 million for all of this guy's travels. Note, that figure doesn't even get into fuel costs! And people wonder why I'm so fed up with many of these pastors aka pimps of the pulpit. Seriously, I'm disgusted. Somewhat surprisingly, though, Dollar is being very open about matters, which I don't normally see mega church pastors do in such instances.
Shouldn't the good pastor simply ask the lord to provide?

Old 03-17-2015, 07:46 AM

11,930 posts, read 6,571,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Well we have the liberty to be foolish with our money.

I find it ridiculous, however no more so than many Gofund me requests.
Pastor gimme your Dollar's giant Gofundme request.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:15 AM

2,243 posts, read 2,317,686 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ESWRtaHNU8

Old 03-17-2015, 08:23 AM

9,322 posts, read 11,159,538 times
Just from a financial standpoint:

If he gets the 60mm collected, join NetJets and rent a fractional share of a jet. 60mm earning just 5% is 3mm a year in interest and would cover hundreds of hours of flight time without ever spending the principle! No long term ownership hassles, no maintenance bills, no pilot/crew salaries......all taken care of by NetJets!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or