U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-13-2015, 08:16 PM
 
1,662 posts, read 1,067,732 times
Reputation: 2161

Advertisements

does this mean that you have to turn off ever security camera once you see the police coming??


Texas Bill Would Make Recording Police Illegal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-13-2015, 08:21 PM
 
Location: zooland 1
3,744 posts, read 3,276,525 times
Reputation: 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
does this mean that you have to turn off ever security camera once you see the police coming??


Texas Bill Would Make Recording Police Illegal
No... it means if you are carrying a weapon the police don't want you interfering ....and close by . .. AND filming them

This bill will not pass ....intent good... execution impossible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2015, 08:31 PM
 
Location: Eastern Shore of Maryland
5,941 posts, read 2,497,448 times
Reputation: 5609
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
does this mean that you have to turn off ever security camera once you see the police coming??


Texas Bill Would Make Recording Police Illegal

Does not say Security Cameras. Just people. Limits distance to 25 feet or more before its OK, and if you got a gun, its 100 feet. Guess they are scared your going to shoot a cop if he does something wrong. Its a big deal because its a "foot in the door" to ban people from filming bad cops and that's no acceptable. It also gives a cop cause for confiscating your phone or Camera because its illegal, and the Cop can lie about how far you where away from him.

The fact is, Bad Cops are not going to get any better, and now they are looking for a way to hide what they may do, with Laws like this one being tested. Other States will likely try it too, if it looks like it may pass, and may just forbid it at any distance.

I have never filmed an event, but would not hesitate to do so, if I thought I needed to, law or no law. If it happens in my State, I will get a program on my smart phone that automatically sends the video home to my computer, and the cloud, for later retrieval if needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2015, 08:42 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,441,296 times
Reputation: 7702
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
No... it means if you are carrying a weapon the police don't want you interfering ....and close by . .. AND filming them

This bill will not pass ....intent good... execution impossible
Reading comprehension. Please try it.

It says it would be illegal for anyone (other then FCC licensed media, news papers and magazines) to record with in 25 feet (100 feet if armed) of a police officer.

It's a clear violation of the First and Second Amendments. You should love this bill, since you show so much contempt for the Constitution in your postings here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2015, 09:33 PM
 
Location: Brawndo-Thirst-Mutilator-Nation
15,199 posts, read 15,232,299 times
Reputation: 10940
This type of thing has been passed in various states.........and shot-down by SCOTUS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2015, 11:09 PM
 
Location: USA
13,266 posts, read 9,998,231 times
Reputation: 4228
These "law and order" types don't want transparency. They wan't control.



Notmeofficer is a perfect example. No consistency, just anything "Pro-Police" whatever that means these days (control and revenue).







Protests aint stopping. I actually think things need to be revved up a little.

Last edited by Gtownoe; 03-13-2015 at 11:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2015, 02:53 AM
 
Location: In a state of mind
5,998 posts, read 6,370,104 times
Reputation: 11253
What this is about is breaking the open carry movement n Texass. They don't want it on camera when they violate peoples rights.

Why do cops see legally armed citizens as a threat? We are not your enemy, we are on your side, stop treating legally armed citizens as criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2015, 03:16 AM
 
26,163 posts, read 14,475,083 times
Reputation: 17235
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer

This bill will not pass ....intent good... execution impossible
I wouldnt @ all be surprised if it did!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2015, 03:29 AM
 
Location: zooland 1
3,744 posts, read 3,276,525 times
Reputation: 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
These "law and order" types don't want transparency. They wan't control.



Notmeofficer is a perfect example. No consistency, just anything "Pro-Police" whatever that means these days (control and revenue).







Protests aint stopping. I actually think things need to be revved up a little.

So....police hater.. are you suggesting more violence against police?....how much more revved up than attempted murder of my brethren do you think it needs to be,,,, very sick puppy

Your anti police bias comes out in every post you make . I work each day to improve my community... please tell us all what someone who types behind the anonymity of a computer screen does?....


Have you ever lived or worked in any ghetto in America ?....have you ever tried to improve the quality of life in any such area for the people living there

I could care less about videotaping me... but I also don't want some spud nut walking around with a gun or interfering with my scene

I don't put anything in this bill.. it won't pass
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2015, 07:31 AM
 
Location: USA
13,266 posts, read 9,998,231 times
Reputation: 4228
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
So....police hater.. are you suggesting more violence against police?....how much more revved up than attempted murder of my brethren do you think it needs to be,,,, very sick puppy

Your anti police bias comes out in every post you make . I work each day to improve my community... please tell us all what someone who types behind the anonymity of a computer screen does?....


Have you ever lived or worked in any ghetto in America ?....have you ever tried to improve the quality of life in any such area for the people living there

I could care less about videotaping me... but I also don't want some spud nut walking around with a gun or interfering with my scene

I don't put anything in this bill.. it won't pass
No I'm not a cop hater. Use a different argument.



Yes I've been around "the hood." Without a gun. The real hood. Shootouts before I graduated high school.





What does ANY of that have to do with the topic at hand??



And yes, I work each day to improve my community too. And help family. On top of what I get paid for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top