Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 05:37 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,573,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
I understand she was a minor. Alcohol and tobacco are not good for minors, either. In fact neither of those substances are good for the human body.

Marijuana, however, is actually used medicinally and has been proven in studies to have many health benefits. Unlike alcohol and tobacco. You cannot overdose on marijuana, like you can with alcohol and tobacco (if you eat a pack of cigarettes, you can very well die, there is a such a thing as nicotine poisoning) You cannot overdose on marijuana. One can overdose on pills, alcohol, tobacco, and all the other "drugs" out there, but not on marijuana.

If she was caught with a pack of cigarettes, would you still suggest jail time?

If she was caught with alcohol, would you suggest jail time?

So why are these cops in Florida, and people on this thread, saying she needs to go to jail because of marijuana?

So overzealous.
So very, very true! It amazes me the ass clowns in congress (and those that support them) that will gent all bent out of shape over a plant that has been used for Melinia, yet are perfectly fine with their kids boozing it up and smoking cigs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 06:52 PM

546 posts, read 407,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
It wasn't harmless because he didn't know he had ingested it. If he had known he had ingested marijuana brownies, he would not get in the car and begin driving. He also would not have called the ER, I would think, because he called the ER because he didn't know what was going on with him. The ER cannot take someone off of marijuana, there is no antidote for it, so once someone has ingested it somehow and it goes into their bloodstream, they have to wait it out until it wears off. If he had known what he had ingested, he would not have called the ER.

I agree that it was careless of her to leave them out, and it was also careless of him to consume so many brownies that he found sitting out without knowing who they belonged to. As I said, what if they were for her class at school? She would have been upset in the morning if she found the brownies half eaten and she was supposed to bring them in for her classmates at school that morning.

I have never heard of anyone having a heart attack due to marijuana. It has a sedating effect on the body and even with people who are prone to panic attacks the likelihood is that they would pass out before having an actual heart attack.

Marijuana is used to treat medical conditions including glaucoma and prevent stroke, so I doubt it would cause cardiac arrest.
I believe you missed my point. I wasn't saying that the pot itself would have caused the heart attack, I'm saying the fear that made him go to the ER might have caused a heart attack.

Obviously, if he knew what he had ingested, he'd have known he didn't need ER, he wouldn't have the stress and fear.

I'll also add that I think the idea that all food in the kitchen is there for any member of the household to consume is pretty common, unless otherwise labeled. They're family, not roommates, who might label every last carton of yogurt as theirs.

When my daughter made brownies, she knew we'd all eat them. Same as if I made cookies or whatever. If I made something for work, it would be wrapped up and labeled... and if it looked good, my husband still might sneak in and grab a couple...

Old 04-01-2015, 09:34 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,012,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Mountain View Post
You just haven't looked hard enough .

Even this dog was once hard working, until he tried the pot just once.

LOL

Looks like her son was injecting the weedz into his arm and overdozed! oh noes!

Old 04-01-2015, 09:38 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,012,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMama View Post
I believe you missed my point. I wasn't saying that the pot itself would have caused the heart attack, I'm saying the fear that made him go to the ER might have caused a heart attack.

Obviously, if he knew what he had ingested, he'd have known he didn't need ER, he wouldn't have the stress and fear.

I'll also add that I think the idea that all food in the kitchen is there for any member of the household to consume is pretty common, unless otherwise labeled. They're family, not roommates, who might label every last carton of yogurt as theirs.

When my daughter made brownies, she knew we'd all eat them. Same as if I made cookies or whatever. If I made something for work, it would be wrapped up and labeled... and if it looked good, my husband still might sneak in and grab a couple...
I understand what you are saying, but I am telling you that weed is a sedative and I find it hard to imagine someone having a heart attack while on it. It often causes a complete body buzz and overall sense of euphoria in people, especially when eaten. It can make people so lethargic they can barely move. So I can't really see that happening.... If someone has a heart attack because of being panicked, they might have a predisposition for heart attack, I mean there are a million other things that can make someone panic.

I grew up in a house with a lot of siblings, and sometimes we had to make brownies or cookies to bring in to school or to bring in for sports team parties after school. One time my sister made brownies, decorated them, and left them on the counter to cool. I didn't know what they were for and I ate one. I got in SO MUCH TROUBLE because I had messed up the perfect brownies that she was bringing in for her team the next day at school. She had carefully cut the brownies so that every team member would get exactly one.

So that's a reason right there not to eat random food you find in your house! lol

Old 04-01-2015, 09:59 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,039,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Not a criminal matter. Stupid, but not criminal.
People can die from over eating. Can you imagine what could happen if dad had an unlimited supply of these brownies? He's just keep eating and eating and keep getting more hungry until *boom*

Old 04-01-2015, 10:45 PM

463 posts, read 319,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarch View Post
People can die from over eating. Can you imagine what could happen if dad had an unlimited supply of these brownies? He's just keep eating and eating and keep getting more hungry until *boom*
Oh my, you're right! Such an explosion might even take out some of the neighbors too!!

notmeofficer would have a field day with that one!

Old 04-02-2015, 01:58 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,869,324 times
This has to be one of the most entertaining threads I have ever seen on C-D; for the crazy factor alone.

I have read that are people dying from MJ, ERs are filled with people having dangerous reactions to it, and teen minds are ruined by it. Tell that to the Clintons, Obama, Bush, Bill Gates, and half of Congress. Most of the negative posters could never conceive of the people they work with everyday who are stoners. How many government employees are stoners?

I couldn't believe the post where someone actually classified MJ as a "narcotic". "Narcotic" is reserved for opiates - derivatives of the opium poppy; the oxycodone, Vicodin, and Tylenol 3 you have in your medicine cabinets. Ever think about that? Yeah, you have opiates in your house and take them when you feel a need. Lots of people do it for the buzz.

One thought I had while wading through this mess...What if mom or dad made up a big batch of Jello shooters - alcohol and brightly colored fruit flavored jello - and left them unlabeled in the refrigerator? What if one of their kids and friends found them, ate them all and went to the hospital for being totally wasted? Maybe even alcohol poisoning?
I have been on the border of alcohol poisoning due to stupid college partying and it ain't fun at all. I would rather eat one too many pot brownies as it wears off in short time. Alcohol poisoning is just that - poison. It's trying to kill your body.

The human body has cannabinoid receptors throughout, especially in the brain. This means the human body is designed to accept cannabinoids - THC included - from birth. The same isn't true for alcohol.

I would love to read the results of a federal government study done to determine how many people have died directly from alcohol versus MJ over the past decade. I already know alcohol kills. Water kills more people than alcohol. MJ helps patients overcome some of the effects of chemotherapy.

This is from a government study from 1974.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:32 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,843,083 times
It's not even FUNNY that people are pretending that the girl didn't intentionally "leave them out" to prank her family.

But it's all about being cool and chill out man....right?

Of course, I guess it's all the pot heads pf the world that will think this is so hilarious.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:02 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,115,519 times
Back in the 80´s the same thing happened to a friend of mine. He and his girlfriend had just baked hash brownies and went upstairs while they cooled. His dad and a buisness partner came by unexpectedly after a buisness lunch and a number of drinks and found the brownies. They were already rether drunk though and wondered why the felt wierder than normal.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:49 AM

50,441 posts, read 36,110,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
It's not even FUNNY that people are pretending that the girl didn't intentionally "leave them out" to prank her family.

But it's all about being cool and chill out man....right?

Of course, I guess it's all the pot heads pf the world that will think this is so hilarious.
No one thinks it's hilarious. I, one of the "pot heads", said multiple times there could have been harm from this stunt and the girl needs to be punished. By her family, though..some of us just don't believe the justice system is the right place for this, and that it will do far more harm than good not only for the family but society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events