Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 09:23 AM

463 posts, read 320,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Does 44 years of using drugs make one smarter?
Does it make one dumber?

You will say yes, but you have NO PROOF, and you will ignore any evidence that indicates that it may not. For example, my ability to write these complete, coherent sentences. How can that possibly be after all the brain damage I must have???

I would LOVE to show you all of my accomplishments in life. Problem is, no matter how impressive that might be, you would still think I am brain damaged, sick, dumb, not to be trusted, and will be living off the welfare system or in jail soon.

I can hear it now. "He might have been able to get by for 44 years, but he won't make it to 45 years."

You are so close minded on this subject that you have been blinded.

Quote:
Do I want wholesale legalization.. hell no.. I see too many issues.. but again.. if it happens I also know Monsanto and Con Agra and Phillip Morris will grab it faster than you can say toke up 'bro... and the potheads will be whining its no longer free and whaaaaa I want my dope and its my right and its a natural plant

Then LEO will get gobs of money for DUI.. and Med will get gobs of money for rehab.. and the politicians will get gobs of money to keep them in power

And granny 12 plant will use her SSI to buy her 12 pack of Willies Reserve..
And Ill be hooking more MJ DUIs,, but thank god maybe less dope rips
And the hospitals will be dealing with more MJ issues
And the schools will get more stupid kids

Sounds MARVELOUS

Where can I sign up 'bro?

If that is your view of the future, you and I don't even live on the same planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 09:25 AM

3,792 posts, read 2,383,791 times
Quote:
The chick is the face of meth... and while I know some potheads that look like that it is more the gene pool than pot
Don't bother them with facts they just wont get it.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:11 AM

50,702 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
This bunk is the face of pot... now potheads want us to believe mj does not affect developing minds... and that it isn't a narcotic.. and that it cures everything ...
Bunk... getting high cures one thing only
Intelligent behavior.... something... if we believe this story as written... this 17 year old lacked.

Go on any pro pot site... read the threads.. you quickly come away with feeling how will these idiots accomplish anything ... a whole generation of self made dumbed down people

Moments high are moments unrealized
On what basis are you calling me "dumbed down" and an "idiot"? I graduated from college Magna *** Laude , make a very good living and could probably kick your a** at Trivial Pursuit, high or not.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:43 AM

4,991 posts, read 5,282,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
My neighbor jokes that he along with my wife are 2 of probably 5 people in the world that DON'T smoke weed. Seriously though, even at my age I know a lot more who do than don't. And those that I do know that don't partake aren't opposed to legalizing it. My wife being one. It isn't her thing, but her thought is there are way worse things that one can do. My neighbor isn't opposed to it either, though he's done it in his day, and said he hates the taste, and the way it makes him feel. Different strokes for different folks.
I must be one of the other five. I had a relative that went to prison for marijuana when I was about five years old. I believe it was a gateway drug for him. He stayed in trouble for over 20 years. He finally straightened his life out in his 40's. I didn't experiment for myself. I saw what it did for him and others like him. I didn't have to figure it out for myself.

There may be many people in every day life who smoke pot. Not as much in my circle of friends, family and acquaintances. My circle tends to have people with high paying, high responsibility jobs. Those people tend to get drug tested at work on a rather frequent basis. If someone wants to do drugs, I guess that leaves more higher paying jobs for the rest of us. Maybe one day we'll fix our welfare systems so we don't support the freeloaders who don't want to work.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:01 AM

463 posts, read 320,434 times
Quote:
This bunk is the face of pot... now potheads want us to believe mj does not affect developing minds... and that it isn't a narcotic..
It is, in fact, NOT a narcotic:

What is a "narcotic" drug?

I don't know why I continue to try to correct and educate you, but maybe others can learn from the link.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:26 AM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,194 times
Quote:
This bunk is the face of pot... now potheads want us to believe mj does not affect developing minds... and that it isn't a narcotic.. and that it cures everything ...
Bunk... getting high cures one thing only
Intelligent behavior.... something... if we believe this story as written... this 17 year old lacked.

Go on any pro pot site... read the threads.. you quickly come away with feeling how will these idiots accomplish anything ... a whole generation of self made dumbed down people

Moments high are moments unrealized
1. Marijuana has been used medicinally for CENTURIES in the Middle East/ East Asia. It has been used medicinally in the USA for decades. This isn't a new idea being used to push marijuana. It really does have scientific proof of being useful to treat medical conditions

2. It's not a narcotic

3. The human brain does not fully develop until around age 25. Some say it's not mature until the 30's-40's. https://www.google.com/search?sclien...p+until+age+27 So what a 17 year old kid does it due to her age, not necessarily because she uses marijuana. How do you know if she was high or not when she left the brownies out?

4. Um, hello, do you know about the 1960's? That was 50 years ago, it isn't this generation, it was the Baby Boomers who were hugely into MJ.

5. Marijuana was legal in the USA until 1937. Up until then, there were many people who used it in this country. It's not new.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:27 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
It is, in fact, NOT a narcotic:

What is a "narcotic" drug?

I don't know why I continue to try to correct and educate you, but maybe others can learn from the link.

Correct. Narcotics are opiate based. Secondly, it is absolutely mind blowing that it is listed as a Schedule 1 narcotic. But I guess that is what you get when special interests use the bureaucrats to rig the game in their favor out of fear that it will hurt their wallets.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I must be one of the other five. I had a relative that went to prison for marijuana when I was about five years old. I believe it was a gateway drug for him. He stayed in trouble for over 20 years. He finally straightened his life out in his 40's. I didn't experiment for myself. I saw what it did for him and others like him. I didn't have to figure it out for myself.

There may be many people in every day life who smoke pot. Not as much in my circle of friends, family and acquaintances. My circle tends to have people with high paying, high responsibility jobs. Those people tend to get drug tested at work on a rather frequent basis. If someone wants to do drugs, I guess that leaves more higher paying jobs for the rest of us. Maybe one day we'll fix our welfare systems so we don't support the freeloaders who don't want to work.
I am another one that doesn't smoke! I hate being high. I know a ton of people that love to smoke, though. It's hard to pick them out in a crowd, some of the most successful people I've met are potheads on the downlow.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarch View Post
People can die from over eating. Can you imagine what could happen if dad had an unlimited supply of these brownies? He's just keep eating and eating and keep getting more hungry until *boom*
Sounds like we need to pass a law against overeating, you know, to protect people from enjoying themselves. Hey, it worked when we outlawed weed!

Old 04-02-2015, 01:30 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Not a criminal matter. Stupid, but not criminal.
Agreed. It seems in the united states they prosecute you for anything. Oakland county, Michigan undersheriff mike McCabe sounds like a idiot cop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events