Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 06:15 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,425,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGSrGmHsT8s

I'm definitely not one of those "cop-haters" and I don't want this to be another one of those cop bashing threads. I support the police in most situations, however officers like this definitely aren't helping their image at all. He definitely is assisting in giving ammo to the cop bashers out there.

I think this man needs to be severely disciplined and placed on indefinite desk duty. This is absolutely no way to treat anyone, especially for what sounds like something so minor that the Uber driver did.

"How Long Have You Been in This Country?" NYPD Investigating Video of Cop's Degrading Tirade Against Uber Driver | NBC New York
Find it strange you have to group all cops into this as if all the cops in the world played a part in this... this is one guy.

Road rage is dumb and unnecessary, no matter what your occupation is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 06:18 PM

10,004 posts, read 11,101,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
This is a current event, yes?

Seeing how servants of the public treat the public, especially in cases like this, is hardly meaningless.
LOL..ummm everything that happened today is a current event. And yes, this is meaningless. Its one cop ..has nothing to do with much of anything but the cop haters will keep posting the same nonsense..over and over and over.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:46 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,182,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
LOL..ummm everything that happened today is a current event. And yes, this is meaningless. Its one cop ..has nothing to do with much of anything but the cop haters will keep posting the same nonsense..over and over and over.
Yet your griping about a current events thread, in current events.

Do you advocate this officers behavior?

Old 04-01-2015, 06:50 PM

194 posts, read 182,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Happens all the time. And I don't even need to go to youtube.

It doesn't have to be tons, or even a majority, just 1 can ruin someone's life. Some of you officers (not stating you) love to look away when there's wrongdoing by a fellow officer. That's why less than 1% of complaints in some states are ever investigated.

I really wish Police would turn internally in some areas, as well as questioning why some of their politicians have put them in the situation they're in.

But thinking more about your mindset, and what your pet peeves are, that wouldn't matter anyway. It seems you support many of their decisions.

The American people are tired of being pushed. And by American people I mean those Americans being pushed around. Which was obviously happening in this video because the officer experienced some road rage.

What if the altercation would have gotten physical during the interaction? Who's side would you have taken after watching the video? Answer me that.
This board is lucky to have the wise input of NotMeOfficer. Leave him alone.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Yet your griping about a current events thread, in current events.

Do you advocate this officers behavior?
Of course not...but the point is its not thread-worthy.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:07 PM

18,386 posts, read 31,507,006 times
that pig cop needed a good punch right in the face.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:13 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,899,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Just think, if cops wouldn't pull crap like this, there'd be nothing to post! Problem solved! So why blame the messengers?

On topic, it seems the cop was trying to escalate the situation, almost provoking the guy. And he sure went off on the guy for being an 'immigrant'.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:15 PM

26,179 posts, read 21,449,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
I know a few ppl who would get out of their cars and beat the **** out of that cop if he talked to them that way. Gun? Who cares? They'd have fed his gun to him!
You know a few really dumb people

Old 04-01-2015, 07:25 PM

102,099 posts, read 107,250,308 times
IME, cops in unmarked cars will flash their lights if a driver near them starts to try to pass them or signal them, or get in their way, in any way, to let you know who they are, and so you don't end up interfering with whatever they're trying to do.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Just think, if cops wouldn't pull crap like this, there'd be nothing to post! Problem solved! So why blame the messengers?

On topic, it seems the cop was trying to escalate the situation, almost provoking the guy. And he sure went off on the guy for being an 'immigrant'.
LOL...if you look hard enough anywhere you will find some dirt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events