U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 10:32 AM

15,604 posts, read 25,036,665 times

Advertisements

the pig cop is now publically humilliated, and rightfully so.
I think the commissioner should have mad an example of him and let all the NYPD know that this type of behavior is NOT acceptable.
while wearing this badge they are committed to serving the public with dignity and respect, both of which this pig cop know nothing about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 10:33 AM

13,266 posts, read 10,398,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Fired... no.. dont think thats justified.. he would need to have a pattern of such behavior,,, if he was at retirement I might say,, hey,, time to pull the plug.. its getting to you...

He will be disciplined.. he already has been...and he will get to talk to some shrink who will ultimately make a decision about his career

While I dont condone his behavior let me ask you this...

Have you ever yelled at anyone and then later thought,, wow.. I wasnt in control.. or I could have handled that WAY differently... the honest answer is sure.. or at least probably.. granted you didnt have some authority granted to you

In the end this NYPD copper brought disrepute upon himself and his department.. and who knows he may have been an excellent officer with a lifetime of achievements,, obviously getting on the anti-terrorist task force isnt for slouches.. so by any measure he would have needed to be a competent investigator

More will come out.. if it already hasnt about him...

Lets hear everything before we throw people away... certainly that is the same break I give to citizens everyday

Do you agree.. or should we just hang him now?

I have always taught my trainees and inculcated within them... one aw sheeeeeit erases ten atta boys anyday...
I've never yelled like that at work. Especially with a complete stranger.

If somebody working for me yelled like that at someone, I'd probably fire them.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:52 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,165,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
I know a few ppl who would get out of their cars and beat the **** out of that cop if he talked to them that way. Gun? Who cares? They'd have fed his gun to him!
No you don't.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:03 AM

805 posts, read 791,500 times
And the police wonder why they get no respect.

Though im sure his supervisor would say that the cop did nothing wrong.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:08 AM

186 posts, read 183,013 times
I'm not a cop basher either but man do they not see the news and what is happening lately. They have been destroying their image more and more. How are people suppose to feel protected when the people that are suppose to protect you scare you like this. If it's not one cop messing things up it's another acting out, or saying things like this. It's honestly ridiculous and this is just one occasion who knows how many times this guy pulled the "do you know who you're messing with" card. It's embarrasing.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:25 AM
J24 J24 started this thread

448 posts, read 717,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintersbone View Post
And the police wonder why they get no respect.

Though im sure his supervisor would say that the cop did nothing wrong.
If he had any sense he wouldn't. Especially with all of the backlash this is getting.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:27 PM

811 posts, read 565,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGSrGmHsT8s

I think this man needs to be severely disciplined and placed on indefinite desk duty. This is absolutely no way to treat anyone, especially for what sounds like something so minor that the Uber driver did.

"How Long Have You Been in This Country?" NYPD Investigating Video of Cop's Degrading Tirade Against Uber Driver | NBC New York
That's where I disagree. He should be fired immediately. Please think of any other job out there and imagine what would happen to them if they spoke to someone that way while performing their job. Helpdesk, retail, dentist, etc. Everyone single one of them would be fired if they were the ones berating a customer like this. If he's losing his temper over something as silly as this, imagine what he did in real situations. I don't doubt that he probably put a suspect in a car with more force than necessary...or slammed them down. The driver would very calm but imagine if he wasn't. Many people do not appreciate being spoken to like that and I wouldn't doubt that this officer's actions escalated situations in the past that should have just been routine. It's time the department starts cutting officers loose who can't live up to the job

Old 04-02-2015, 12:33 PM

21,334 posts, read 21,912,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gia1990 View Post
I'm not a cop basher either but man do they not see the news and what is happening lately. They have been destroying their image more and more. How are people suppose to feel protected when the people that are suppose to protect you scare you like this. If it's not one cop messing things up it's another acting out, or saying things like this. It's honestly ridiculous and this is just one occasion who knows how many times this guy pulled the "do you know who you're messing with" card. It's embarrasing.
don't really think the pctg has changed from before everyone was able to record these unfortunate interactions and when those cops could readily use the ol' reliable; "did-not! did-not! defense"

Old 04-02-2015, 12:40 PM

811 posts, read 565,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Fired... no.. dont think thats justified.. he would need to have a pattern of such behavior,,, if he was at retirement I might say,, hey,, time to pull the plug.. its getting to you...

He will be disciplined.. he already has been...and he will get to talk to some shrink who will ultimately make a decision about his career

While I dont condone his behavior let me ask you this...

Have you ever yelled at anyone and then later thought,, wow.. I wasnt in control.. or I could have handled that WAY differently... the honest answer is sure.. or at least probably.. granted you didnt have some authority granted to you
I just don't understand how he cannot be fired. I understand because of the union but really, how can you say he shouldnt be? any other job would be immediately fired. Many of the 'cop' stories in the news really just come down to the people wanting accountability. I personally don't think reassigning him to a desktop job and keeping a salary is harsh enough. He's an armed officer who exploded on someone for a littlest of infractions.

I'm sure all of us have yelled at someone and wished we didn't but usually not while we are on a job. We all know in the back of our minds that if I tell this customer, coworker, boss, etc what I really feel then I will be fired. This guy didn't have that and I think he and other officers should.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:42 PM

1,553 posts, read 919,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
I know a few ppl who would get out of their cars and beat the **** out of that cop if he talked to them that way. Gun? Who cares? They'd have fed his gun to him!
I would have grabbed the gun, squeezed it to powder, and walked away. I mean, this is the internet, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or