Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 12:50 PM

19,780 posts, read 12,024,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Because the response I keep getting when asking the circumstances is only about the instance of him and Seinfeld. It doesn't matter what I think, nor your ad hominem attack of me, I just want to know more about the other stops. Why is that so difficult to get? Should I start passing judgment on you now?
Knock yourself out. Let me give you a hint, if details are left out, it is for a reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 01:53 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,694,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Knock yourself out. Let me give you a hint, if details are left out, it is for a reason.
I get it, you are compelled to answer with your own prejudiced judgment presented in the form of unwarranted condescension you perceive as being witty - because you don't know.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:58 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,758,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
Big Yawn........Publicity stunt
More fodder for the anti-white part of his standup routine....when he can spin being stopped twice in 7 wks ( for....?) as "repeatedly stopped."

Old 04-06-2015, 03:13 PM

21,407 posts, read 10,493,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonGecko View Post
My son gets stopped regularly for no reason whatsoever. And he's only brown, not black. And brownISH at that. Before people decided to be paranoid about anybody who looked remotely "Muslim" (in the dumbest most stereotypical sorts of ways), he would most likely have been mistaken for being Greek, Italian - basically some version of Mediterranean. Or possibly Hispanic.

He has never had a ticket. Not so much as a warning. Nor has he ever been given a reason for being stopped, they just demand his driver's license and registration for no reason.

If it were me, they'd have a hard time getting either without coming up with a reason for stopping me, AND I'd be videoing the whole thing.

I USED to get stopped for no reason, a lot. Basically for DWRAYF - driving while reasonably attractive young female. And I was very cold to idiot cops playing those kinds of games. I once got a $5 seat belt fine for my trouble - I had removed the seat belt in reaching for my wallet out of the glove box, before I realized it was another no-reason stop.

Other than that, they had no reason to stop me so I was fine with embarrassing the hell out of them, insisting on justification for the stop, and rejecting their inappropriate behavior out of hand.

However I was never in any danger of getting shot or dragged out of the car, knocked around, and cuffed. Young brown men - INNOCENT young brown men - ARE. Hence, he never argues with the a**holes - just hands over the license and registration and looks straight ahead.

BTW - He drives a 12 or 13 year old Hyundai Excel. Not exactly a gangsta-mobile.
Young white men get pulled over a lot too. Don't feel singled out on behalf of your son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events