Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 10:03 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Things I see common to all these news stories the same ol same ol -

family sticking up for the perp i.e. (He was such a sweet boy)!
the kid is black (sorry but sad but true
"dreaming" of a future career. OK a dream is not reality, keep on dreaming.. hey i'm dreaming that I'm superwoman, does not mean one thing;
perp getting shot does not comply with officer/resisted arrest - in this case "fleeing". whatever happened to Yes Sir Officer. so your ego wont let you, but your ego may cost you your life.
you left out 'expiring rapper'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 10:19 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
My God, the article really says he was an aspiring rapper.

Why exactly is this considered a good thing? The rap/hip hop lifestyle is one of the most destructive aspects of American urban culture. When you say a kid is an aspiring rapper, aren't you really saying he was planning on dedicating his life to thug culture? We don't need more thugs, we're well past our quota already.

Last edited by Fifty Seven; 04-07-2015 at 10:31 AM..

Old 04-07-2015, 10:24 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,965,050 times
They always ignore the truth and look for justice for criminals. How and why that happens is beyond me.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:38 AM

573 posts, read 585,957 times
I read these threads and smile, another toxic moron bites the dust

Old 04-07-2015, 10:52 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
The last time I heard the family claim the gun wasn't his or "was planted"....it was another troubled youth from Missouri.

Then out came the social media pix of the kid with 4 guns and his posse carrying more....all flashing gang signs.

Oh....and he was already wearing an ankle bracelet for a prior gun offense.

So in this case, sorry....I'm not listening to his stupid family lie to the media trying to divert attention from their sh*tty parenting into an outpouring of sympathy and cash donations etc.

Kid trying to do an illegal gun buy. Gee, wonder what he was planning to do with it.....his family would likely tell us that he was trying to buy the gun to get it off the streets and help his community.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:55 AM

626 posts, read 903,182 times
Getting killed is a risk that comes with committing a crime especially when you have a gun. Regardless if the cop could've shot him in the thigh, chase it and arrest him, lasso him blah blah blah -- the usual crap You'd think these communities would learn from everything that's taking place. Take accountability for your behavior and stop condoning slackness. One thing my mom always told my brothers and myself (in her Jamaican dialect), "I teach you right from wrong. So don't go there and act stupid because every tub has to sit on it's own bottom".

Old 04-07-2015, 11:04 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Yep.

Here, two scenarios were likely to happen:

Scenario 1: Kid steals gun, police are notified, kid flees with stolen (presumably loaded) gun, police shoot armed kid.

Scenario 2: Kid steals gun, police are notified, kid stops, drops the gun, is arrested and charged with illegal possession of a firearm.

Unfortunately, kid picked scenario 1 and paid the price.
I think we could add a 3rd scenario:

Scenario 3: Kid steals gun, police are notified, kid flees officer with gun in hand, police are afraid to shoot kid for fear of another "Ferguson incident", so kid escapes. Minutes/hours later, kid shots another person with afore mentioned stolen gun. Reaction of victim's family and/or community could be anything from slash and burn civil unrest to a lawsuit against the officer for not stopping this perp dead in his tracks before this crime was allowed to happen !

Sometimes it seems law enforcement just cannot pick a winning hand. You shoot, you get protested for not doing you job right, you don't shoot, you may get protested for not doing you job right.

The trouble with this whole deal.....why would most qualified/educated/decent people ever wish to become a cop anymore ? You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't much of the time. We risk a shrinking pool of qualified officer material applying for these jobs....and that doesn't bode well for anyone, no matter where you live.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:16 AM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
17 yr old kid tries to buy a gun from another teen who, being a responsible gun seller asks the 17 yr old for ID to run a background check. 17 yr old panics and runs off with the gun. Evil, racist cop kills him. Cops are scum killing innocent children.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:18 AM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
*delete*

Old 04-07-2015, 11:20 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
the family likes to talk about the dead perp and his "dreams" .. that is to make them feel better.. they had hope for their perp family member who got shot. that is why we follow the law so that we can have a dream and make that a reality. but the family usually make the perp a saintly boy and what he MIGHT have wanted to do.

I say - if you are dreaming of a career, don't do things that will hinder that - like become a perp and get shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events