U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 02:46 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,521,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
hahaha

We're "sick", huh? Sorry, mate, but true Christians arent cannibalizing other humans, drowning their babies in bathtubs, blowing up innocent people at the bus stop, ambushing police for sport, burning people alive on YouTube, spreading AIDS on mass scale, vacuuming out children from the womb, kidnapping children for the sex trade, transferring meth all over the country, rioting and destroying millions in property, destroying wildlife for fun, promoting teen sex, hacking hitchhikers to pieces and dumping their bodies in swamps, raising dogs for fighting, beating their wives senseless on a mass scale, ordering hits mob-style, pulling drive-by shootings which kill innocent bystanders, etc, etc. THATS the sick world I see. And its NOT Christians behind these sick and disgusting atrocities. You need to look at the real sickness in this world and stop portraying Christians as the "sick" ones.

Ill have you know that we pray for these people and acts. And it matters not that we disagree with gay marriage, we still love gay people, regardless. LOVE.
Actually, Christians have historically done and continue to do most of that. For a current example, drug cartels in Mexico have killed 50,000+ people in some of the most horrific ways imaginable and commit basically all of those crimes.

They are (as is the rest of Mexican society) largely comprised of religious Christians, to the point that they often use Christian imagery in cartel propaganda.

Of course, I'm sure you'll claim they're not "true" Christians. Perhaps you're right. However, in that case the claim that others aren't "true" Muslims, Atheists, (or perhaps, Scotsmen) must be true as well. You can't have it both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 03:44 PM

539 posts, read 404,874 times
I am christian but I do not believe in discrimination in any way. If you do you are not really a christian and there is no place for you in this country going forward.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:29 PM

6,981 posts, read 4,457,622 times
Quote:
hahaha

We're "sick", huh? Sorry, mate, but true Christians arent cannibalizing other humans, drowning their babies in bathtubs, blowing up innocent people at the bus stop, ambushing police for sport, burning people alive on YouTube, spreading AIDS on mass scale, vacuuming out children from the womb, kidnapping children for the sex trade, transferring meth all over the country, rioting and destroying millions in property, destroying wildlife for fun, promoting teen sex, hacking hitchhikers to pieces and dumping their bodies in swamps, raising dogs for fighting, beating their wives senseless on a mass scale, ordering hits mob-style, pulling drive-by shootings which kill innocent bystanders, etc, etc. THATS the sick world I see. And its NOT Christians behind these sick and disgusting atrocities. You need to look at the real sickness in this world and stop portraying Christians as the "sick" ones.

Ill have you know that we pray for these people and acts. And it matters not that we disagree with gay marriage, we still love gay people, regardless. LOVE.
Prayer is a way to do nothing, and still think you're helping.

Keep praying.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:27 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,172,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Scratch a "progressive" Democrat, and you'll find a Fascist thug -- every time.
Bruce Rauner, governor of Illinois, is a Republican

Old 04-07-2015, 06:49 PM

648 posts, read 497,637 times
"Illinois governor threatens to "rip economic guts out of Indiana" after RFRA controversy"

Illinois will have to solve their corruption (Chicago), debt, and excessive taxation before they have any hope of winning business from Indiana. Or from anywhere else. How many recent Illinois governors went to jail? 4 out of 7?

Old 04-07-2015, 08:50 PM

477 posts, read 399,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
Actually, Christians have historically done and continue to do most of that. For a current example, drug cartels in Mexico have killed 50,000+ people in some of the most horrific ways imaginable and commit basically all of those crimes.

They are (as is the rest of Mexican society) largely comprised of religious Christians, to the point that they often use Christian imagery in cartel propaganda.

Of course, I'm sure you'll claim they're not "true" Christians. Perhaps you're right. However, in that case the claim that others aren't "true" Muslims, Atheists, (or perhaps, Scotsmen) must be true as well. You can't have it both ways.
+1 on the no true Scotsman ref

Old 04-07-2015, 09:19 PM

11,700 posts, read 6,290,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
This takes the neighborly rivalry one step further.

Illinois governor: I want to

It's also interesting he had this to say, right after the controversy died down.
Until Chicago/Illinois gets its house in order, this is nothing but hot air from the gov. .

Old 04-07-2015, 11:44 PM

4,435 posts, read 2,612,363 times
Quote:
hahaha

What makes you thinks it's not any of the Christians doing this stuff? Plenty of them do. And while in prison,they often "find deeper meaning in God".
I may be playing Devil's advocate here:

And, Uh, GEE, apparently you have conveniently forgotten the Crusades? Where the 'Christians' pillaged and plundered and mass murders? ALL in the Name of Christ and Christianity?
The Crusades were military campaigns sanctioned by the Latin Roman Catholic Church during the High Middle Ages and Late Middle Ages. In 1095, Pope Urban II proclaimed the First Crusade with the stated goal of restoring Christian access to holy places in and near Jerusalem. Following the First Crusade there was an intermittent 200-year struggle for control of the Holy Land, with seven more major crusades and numerous minor ones.
DOn't like wiki? Try this one:
The first of the Crusades began in 1095, when armies of Christians from Western Europe responded to Pope Urban II’s plea to go to war against Muslim forces in the Holy Land. After the First Crusade achieved its goal with the capture of Jerusalem in 1099, the invading Christians set up several Latin Christian states, even as Muslims in the region vowed to wage holy war (jihad) to regain control over the region.
{gee and Jihad is still carried out today.}

Alexius I of Constantinople {FOR THE FIRST CRUSADE} called out "Christians, hasten to help your brothers in the East, for they are being attacked. Arm for the rescue of Jerusalem under your captain Christ. Wear his cross as your badge. If you are killed your sins will be pardoned." {sounds familiar? the jihadists believe about the same thing.}
The first crusaders: "Odo of Deuil claims that these men who were fighting for God were reduced to pillaging and plunder in order to get food"..."Fulcher claimed that once the Crusaders had managed to get over the walls of Jerusalem, the Muslim defenders there ran away. Fulcher claimed that the Crusaders cut down anybody they could and that the streets of Jerusalem were ankle deep in blood. The rest of the Crusaders got into the city when the gates were opened. The slaughter continued and the Crusaders "killed whoever they wished"

Crusades - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com
The First Crusade

Yeah, Chirstians have been the "greatest group ever in the history of the world"...HA.
{PS- I have my own religion views, I will thank you not to try to bestow yours on me}

Old 04-08-2015, 12:39 AM

2,630 posts, read 1,935,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Oooohh I bet Indiana is quaking in it's boots. What exactly is Illinois going to do? Raise taxes again? Enact a few more gun control laws? Indiana is DOOMED I tell you!

Oh, wait..a..minute! More than a few springtime long track F4 tornadoes were sent into Indiana from its (very tornado-prone) neighbor to the west!

(maybe they'll jam Indianapolis' Doppler radar - then whatta ya'll gonna do?)

Old 04-08-2015, 03:27 AM

4,196 posts, read 3,084,440 times
Quote:
Some people refuse to accept the fact that disagreement =/= hatred.

They also refuse to accept the fact that it's possible to love the sinner while hating the sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events