Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the public be allowed to assault the police?
I guess 1 3.85%
Yes 12 46.15%
Maybe 1 3.85%
maybe yes 1 3.85%
Sure 3 11.54%
maybe not 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 03:49 PM

506 posts, read 424,912 times

Advertisements

Married Couple Beaten by DC Cops as their Young Children Screamed in Horror (Video) | Alternet

Married Couple Beaten by DC Cops as their Young Children Screamed in Horror (Video)

All over a tiny perceived slight.

By Matt Agorist / The Free Thought Project
April 6, 2015

Print

67 COMMENTS

Washington D.C. — A married couple claims they were assaulted by Metropolitan police last week, and they have the video and their two small children as witnesses to prove it.
Forrest and Chadon Boggs were near their home, with their children when police showed up on the scene.

Married Couple Beaten by DC Cops as their Young Children Screamed in Horror (Video) | Alternet

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-17-2015 at 04:30 AM.. Reason: Copyright violation

Old 04-07-2015, 04:09 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,228,871 times
You forgot "no" as an option in your poll question... or maybe not... Is there a possible agenda here?

I always love these stories, "Well, I was disrespectful, and did my best to agravate and anger the big guy with the gun, and the legal authority to kick my ass, and if need be shoot me" and then are stunned when bad things happen!

I am not justifying the police violence, and think they should face a disciplinary hearing, and if warranted (and it sounds like it is), charged with assault.

But the cops didn't show up simply to harrass the guy, THEY WERE CALLED THERE WITH A DOMESTIC DISPUTE REPORTED, and this guy thought it would be a good idea to act the jackass in the situation?

Old 04-07-2015, 04:16 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,573,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
You forgot "no" as an option in your poll question... or maybe not... Is there a possible agenda here?

I always love these stories, "Well, I was disrespectful, and did my best to agravate and anger the big guy with the gun, and the legal authority to kick my ass, and if need be shoot me" and then are stunned when bad things happen!

I am not justifying the police violence, and think they should face a disciplinary hearing, and if warranted (and it sounds like it is), charged with assault.

But the cops didn't show up simply to harrass the guy, THEY WERE CALLED THERE WITH A DOMESTIC DISPUTE REPORTED, and this guy thought it would be a good idea to act the jackass in the situation?
Don't forget, the wife was beaten too. There is absolutely NO reason to have to use physical force/beat down on a woman!

Old 04-07-2015, 04:28 PM

506 posts, read 424,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post

Being disrespectful toward the police does not give the police the legal authority to kick your ass.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:29 PM

468 posts, read 580,998 times
The public has a right to be jerks or low lives, professional officers in uniform do not. They should hold themselves with the highest of dignity no matter what the circumstance. It is called DISCIPLINE of mind, body and soul. If you don't have that you should not have control over life and death by having a gun because you are no better than a thug. Reality check.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Don't forget, the wife was beaten too. There is absolutely NO reason to have to use physical force/beat down on a woman!
Not justifying the cops. I suspect they will rightly be charged with assault, and the couple will sue and get a significant settlement.

I just don't understand why you would intentionally aggravate cops during an investagation/arrest situation.

"Yes sir," "no sir," and if they act inapproriately, sued the pants off of them.

Spitting on the car, spitting at the cops, running your mouth, moving your hands, etc., etc., etc. You can do all those things, but it is simply not a smart way to interact with cops responding to a call - that's all I'm saying.

Can you do it? Sure. Should the cop beat you? Nope! Is it smart to do? Nope!

Old 04-07-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Being disrespectful toward the police does not give the police the legal authority to kick your ass.
Read carefully, I did not say the cops had the legal authority to kick you ass for being disrespectful, I said they had the legal authority to kick you ass.

There is a lot of lattitude given to cops to define resisting arrest etc., and they absolutely can legally kick you ass in a number of situations!

Old 04-07-2015, 04:37 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,690,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
It doesnt? You mean if you dont bow down to kiss the ground a 9 to 5 employee of the city walks on than you can be beaten senseless? I believe that if the general public doesn't bow down to their rulers, makers and leaders, they should be punished physically with no ability to defend themselves, they just have to sit there and take it for being disprespectful.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:39 PM

19,788 posts, read 12,037,251 times
The Boggs admitted to ABC7 that they were also involved in an incident with an assault on a police officer last year. Curious.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
The Boggs admitted to ABC7 that they were also involved in an incident with an assault on a police officer last year. Curious.

"And now you know the rest of the story." - Paul Harvey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.