Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 06:33 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post

I'm glad the cop is charged with murder, they need to teach them to shoot not to kill
That shows your ignorance right there. A gun is lethal force. You shoot center mass. There's no such thing as shooting "not to kill". That's the movies. A moving leg is a hard target and you can easily kill someone with a shot to the leg anyway.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:35 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Bull****.

He ran away & the cop murdered him. You can even see the cop planting the stun gun next to his dead body.
YEP. The video speaks for itself. I wonder if opinions on here would be different it it were a white republican man being gunned down like an animal. It looked like the cop was hunting a deer, especially the slow walk towards the victim. Again we don't know if cops motivation was racial, but it was clearly murder either way.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:37 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
That shows your ignorance right there. A gun is lethal force. You shoot center mass. There's no such thing as shooting "not to kill". That's the movies. A moving leg is a hard target and you can easily kill someone with a shot to the leg anyway.
You are showing yours, he should not have shot at the back of an unarmed fleeing person.

Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985)[1], was a case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held that under the Fourth Amendment, when a law enforcement officer is pursuing a fleeing suspect, he or she may not use deadly force to prevent escape unless the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:39 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
They shouldn't be allowed to shoot someone in the back running away whether they are a felon or not. What barbaric crap that is. That's giving the police(government agents) execution powers.

The "felon" here had a broke tail light. That was his crime as reported so far.
He has a warrant for his attest. Whoi runs from the cops for a tail light that is out, that's ignorant.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:42 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
YEP. The video speaks for itself. I wonder if opinions on here would be different it it were a white republican man being gunned down like an animal. It looked like the cop was hunting a deer, especially the slow walk towards the victim. Again we don't know if cops motivation was racial, but it was clearly murder either way.
I personally believe that any Cop with a badge who kills with impunity should be held accountable no matter what shade victim's skin is..Murder is murder..and history seems to be repeated..claim self defence..felt threatened..stole my gun or whatever...It's been shown more and more such claims are not only false..but done so to enable their ability to get away with killing anyone ( regardless of race/colour or creed)!! Why would they feel the need to lie...It's obvious..To get away with it..Having a bad day?? Sorry isn't going to be so likely to get away with it with electronic capabilities today

Old 04-07-2015, 06:54 PM

21,875 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Yes, another cop who unloaded into the back of a man RUNNING AWAY as he "feared for his life."

I knew many cops in Philadelphia who spent careers never having even pulled their weapons. Something is definitely wrong and these cops have to be brought under control (I'd say brought to justice - but that's would be ludicrous).

I'd hate to think of all the people murdered and no charges because there was no video.
It's both, imo. I think policies got a little bit too loose during the '80s. Nobody cared if some street punk got shot in the back when crime was that high when he was running away. Now public perception is swinging a bit the other direction and putting the spotlight on law enforcement and use of force. It wasn't that many decades ago when this would have been a good shooting in many states. The guy was running, that used to justify deadly force alone in many places up until Garner.

Old 04-07-2015, 07:17 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
The video looks bad for the cop. But let's play some Devils advocate here.

If it was just a tail light, why did he run? What was he hiding?
What happened before the shooting?
Did he tell the cop he was going to get a gun or a knife? Did he have something stashed around there?
The camera guy was a bit convenient. Was his job to tape while his friend tried to get a cop to beat him up a little and things went wrong?
There was a struggle over the taser. Did the cop think he was firing his taser in the heat of things?

Old 04-07-2015, 07:28 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,951,104 times
I wonder if the people insisting that felony convictions be expunged after good behavior applies in this case too?

Also, since the guy failed to pay child support, he was a dirt bag and thus according to some, he deserved it. Who knows what abuse his kids went through because they didn't have enough money to buy food and clothes etc?

Just applying the same standards as when the shoe is on the other foot.

Old 04-07-2015, 07:35 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,160,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
Sadly this could have all been prevented if the guy didn't run and just accepted his consequences of his warrant and he would have lived to see another day.
Isn't this true in every one of these cases?

Old 04-07-2015, 07:35 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Or if the cop, who appears to be in fair shape, would have pursued the guy, who is not in as good of shape, with his legs and take him down in order to do his duty to get the man to a courtroom, and not be judge, jury, and executioner.
agreed. That's the video of a cowardly murderer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events