Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2015, 09:58 AM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,242,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I hate to just speak for jim9251, but I would guess that if the man had wrestled the cop's gun away and shot and killed the officer, jim9251 would probably be calling for the man to be charged and go before a jury. I'm guessing he wouldn't call for a lynch mob.

Do you think he'd be calling for mob justice or for a jury to decide his fate?
I do not know why is why I begged to ask the question I did. All deserve their day in court, I know I would want mine and you would also want yours.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:00 AM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Of course, had he not run. Heck he would have probably been given a summons with his court date, and told to be on his way.
What? So in running he gave up his right to a day in court? Running? Not shooting or knifing the officer but running from?? GTFOH....Sorry Mods, but you cant help stupid.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
According to BET News they are.
Link please.......

Old 04-10-2015, 10:12 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
What? So in running he gave up his right to a day in court? Running? Not shooting or knifing the officer but running from?? GTFOH....Sorry Mods, but you cant help stupid.
Hmmm, did the man who was murdered by the woman who shot him to death get his day in court? I mean since we're all in shock about making sure people get a trial and all.

It is related because some of the posts on this thread came from people who declared the man in that case rightfully killed.

Either it works for everyone for it works for no one.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:24 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
There are some really sketchy areas of town where drug use and crime rates are very high and the area is seen as dangerous. If you go into such an area, you don't deserved to be robbed or assaulted, but if you avoid going into such an area, you decrease the likelihood of being victimized.

This man did NOT deserve to be shot. IMHO, the cop murdered him. However, it's still just a fact that had he stayed in his car and complied with the officer, he's most likely still be alive.

If I were confronted by a cop who was being an absolute jerk and hassling me for no reason, I'd be compliant and polite to help ensure the situation didn't escalate. Would I deserve to be hassled for no reason? No, but I will use common sense to keep the situation for getting worse.

Running from the cop was going to make the situation worse, even if it just meant he were also charged with flight or resisting arrest. It was a bad decision.

Once again, it appears to me the cop murdered this man and should be in prison for life.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:30 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Utter nonsense.

I could say that chances are you are a felon, have a grudge against the police because you were caught committing a crime and so on. That is as valid as what you said.

Teachable moment = talking points.

Your posting history proves you have an agenda.
What, you don't have an agenda? LOL. Of course I have an agenda. What my posting history shows for anyone who could possibly be interested in looking at it objectively, is that I am FAIR. I don't just mindlessly toe a partisan line. I admit that it is easier for me because my chosen ideology is based on sound humanist reasoning... but, nevertheless, I can go against type if the matter warrants. The present situation is indefensible, yet even after 60 pages the hardliners are refusing to call it a slam dunk. They insist on bringing Scotts child support history or his running away into it. It doesn't justify his shooting they readily admit... so why bring it up? Seriously. When something is ruled irrelevant, the side of argument that brought it up has to retract it and refrain from repeating the objectionable phrase for the remainder of the trial. No one has even bothered to check if the officer has overdue library books, a utility account delinquency, or other moral lapse in his history. The cold blooded murder of an unarmed man is enough to seal his fate. But if there is such a need to prove extenuating circumstances and bring the deceased's moral turpitude into it, then we need to go and get some more dirt on the officer. Oh what might we find...

Old 04-10-2015, 10:35 AM

Either Scott's running provided sufficient provocation for him to be summarily executed by an arresting officer, or it did not. It CANNOT be both simultaneously. Which is it? Pick ONE. Thank you.

DEFINITION of 'Mutually Exclusive' A statistical term used to describe a situation where the occurrence of one event is not influenced or caused by another event. In addition, it is impossible for mutually exclusive events to occur at the same time.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:39 AM

625 posts, read 902,563 times
Kudos to the Scott family for telling Al Sharpton to stay way.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistym View Post
Kudos to the Scott family for telling Al Sharpton to stay way.
I hope he ignores them if, in fact, they did say that. I can understand why they might do that. But black lives matter. When there is a very real possibility of a jury of 9 whites and three blacks giving this POS ten years and parole after hearing all about Scott's overdue Child Support, you will see why Sharpton and others need to be there.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:48 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
The lesson is not to run from the cops because while they can't legally shoot you in the back, they can physically shoot you in the back,

Don't trust the police not to shoot you if you run. If they do they may get away with it, they may not, if you are dead, you lose, for what, for trying to get away, for nothing.
I don't think cops are 'getting away with it' anymore. But you make a point.

Darren Wilson didn't, "get away with it." He's suffering. As are some of the other officers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events