Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 11:43 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,303,849 times

Advertisements

Hopefully the cop won't walk on this one. This is a clear cut murder all day. Sickening. Welcome to Murica. Have a nice day.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:46 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
When was the last time a cop was convicted of murder?
I don't know. There's one on trial right now in South Carolina for shooting an unarmed man. I am sure it's a very low number as most of them would likely plead down.

That's an advantage SLED has brought to South Carolina. No longer are the prosecutors the sole arbiters of the investigation and decision to prosecute dirty cops. The general feeling here in SC is that SLED does a good job and is good at going after dirty cops. Most cops who are prosecuted are for far less national newsworthy reasons - drunk driving, theft, etc. But SLED goes after them and they do get prosecuted.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:48 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Guilty of what? Trying to take a tazer away from a cop? Not paying child support? Felony evading? What do any of those crimes have to do with the color of the man's skin?
How many damn times have we heard of a "perp" trying to wrestle away a weapon from an officer?

That rhetoric is damn old already. This isn't Hollywood. And had there not been video, you guys would have been running with that.

What else?

"I was fearing for my life"

"I felt threatened"

"He was resisting"

"Why didn't he comply with the officer?"

"He was no angel..."

"But what about black on black violence?"

"This is why you should not run from the police"

"Let's wait for all the facts, we only rush to judgment against colored people"

It's a clear cut murder caught on camera & some of you are still attempting to spin this in another direction.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:54 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times
Mrmondaynight, you're the man!!! So true.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:54 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
He's fighting with the cop before he runs, and the cop is limping in the video. It looks like a bad shoot, but let's wait until more details come out before we call this murder.
that seems unlikely. Why would he fight with a cop for a broken tail light and a warrant for child support. His car is still there, where is he going to go exactly? Seems to me that the cop was itching to use his taser, scared the suspect into making a break for it and when there was too much distance between the two for the tazer he used his gun instead. Either way, he was going to get that arrest and he got it

Old 04-08-2015, 12:02 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,770,484 times
Quote:
How many damn times have we heard of a "perp" trying to wrestle away a weapon from an officer?

That rhetoric is damn old already. This isn't Hollywood. And had there not been video, you guys would have been running with that.

What else?

"I was fearing for my life"

"I felt threatened"

"He was resisting"

"Why didn't he comply with the officer?"

"He was no angel..."

"But what about black on black violence?"

"This is why you should not run from the police"

"Let's wait for all the facts, we only rush to judgment against colored people"

It's a clear cut murder caught on camera & some of you are still attempting to spin this in another direction.
Are you saying that the man in question did not owe child support, did not attempt to gain possession of the tazer, and did not flee?

Old 04-08-2015, 12:05 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Are you saying that the man in question did not owe child support, did not attempt to gain possession of the tazer, and did not flee?
1. Owing child support has zero to do with this case.

2. Is there proof he attempted to gain possession of this tazer? ...no. But there is proof of a cop planting a tazer next to a dead body.

3. Running away from an officer doesn't mean you should die.

"Yes, the officer may have shot him eight times in the back while he was running away, but the guy had owed child support, therefore it was justified."

Pathetic.

Last edited by mrmondaynight; 04-08-2015 at 12:18 AM..

Old 04-08-2015, 12:16 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
1. Owning child support has zero to do with this case.

2. Is there proof he attempted to gain possesion of this tazer? ...no. But there is proof of a cop planting a tazer next to a dead body.

3. Running away from an officer doesn't mean you should die.

"Yes, the officer may have shot him eight times in the back while he was running away, but the guy had owed child support, therefore it was justified."

Pathetic.

Nobody is saying that. Your accusation is pathetic.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:20 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,523,554 times
Um, no - the forensic evidence in the MB supported the officer's claims that he was acting in self-defense. There's no way that the fact that the victim in the SC incident was repeatedly shot in the back could have been twisted to make the officer anything but guilty. You see, the problem here is that it's people like you immediately want to make the fact fit a certain narrative to suit an agenda. Maybe it's time to start dealing with every incident on an individual basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g89 View Post
You can't trust an officer's testimony....the officer in SC who got charged testimony does not match up with the video
We need video evidence for justice to be served.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:25 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,523,554 times
Well, believe it or not, he really could - even a case like this could be botched. I believe that it's already been pointed out that the charge could be too high, and the jury might actually agree that the officer felt that his life was endangered regardless of what we see on the video. He definitely would be found guilty of manslaughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
Hopefully the cop won't walk on this one. This is a clear cut murder all day. Sickening. Welcome to Murica. Have a nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events