Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 01:01 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,165,784 times

Advertisements

I have resigned myself to the fact that if anyone ever touched my kids like that, I would likely face trial.
That's OK. It is a line I am willing to draw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 01:02 PM

28,889 posts, read 30,142,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I'm so sorry to hear your story. I don't understand how any logically thinking adult would not take a child seriously when they are trying to tell someone they've been molested! I knowtha if my son came to me about it, I would take it very seriously, and probably would be sitting in prison, as I would kill the POS that did it! At any rate, God bless you, and I hope that you have been able to find peace after such a horrible ordeal.
I have, honestly, I'm ok, thank you, i've forgiven him, but will never be able to forget....It just really tears me up when I think of my cousins and their stories, and how their lives are ruined...me, I'm fine....they were much worse off then me....and I know the shame one carries with this, and yes, indeed, if anyone would have ever touched my child, I'd be in prison with you....

do you know years ago, I even went into the religious sections of forums and begged people to take this to their churches and fight this....for the children, and hardly anyone commented or took me seriously??????? I don't understand human beings.

I didn't write me story for sympathy, but people have to wake up...just b/c it doesn't happen to them, doesn't mean it's not real, and people especially our society today, just turns from bad stuff and lies to themselves, and that is why crime is so bad....b/c we're not doing anything about it.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:05 PM

3,750 posts, read 4,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
What does this have to do with right wing left wing? This guy will be in protective custody like all sex offenders. I am sure this will ease your guilt over some pedophile getting assaulted in prison. Not sure why you are so worried about a pedophile being hated and shunned anyway. Seems like he earned that.
It's called believing in human rights. I don't like it when anyone suffers. Plus, if the penalty for molestation is the same as that for murder it will just lead to more sickos killing their victims to hide their crimes. Of course the "tough on crime" types don't REALLY care about the victims, they just want to see Wild West type vigilantism in action.

There is such a witch hunt these days, that if you don't join in the frenzy of bloodthirstiness people will hate you for it. It's ridiculous. I don't hate people unless they harm me personally and even then I would try to stop hating them eventually for my own sake.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:08 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,596,342 times
I just heard on the news that there is a recall petition or something like that with 38,000 signatures. I don't know if there is a link to the petition or not but I would sign it.

cremebrulee, I'm sorry you had to endure all of this. I share some of your story. And, you are right to be open and upfront about it. Knowledge is strength and it's time for this kind of thing to be brought out into the light of day instead of being hidden within families and even communities. Don't be ashamed, you were the victim. I support you and good luck.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:09 PM

28,889 posts, read 30,142,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
It's called believing in human rights. I don't like it when anyone suffers. Plus, if the penalty for molestation is the same as that for murder it will just lead to more sickos killing their victims to hide their crimes. Of course the "tough on crime" types don't REALLY care about the victims, they just want to see Wild West type vigilantism in action.

There is such a witch hunt these days, that if you don't join in the frenzy people will hate you for it. It's ridiculous.
I don't hate you and this is not a witch hunt, what it is, is innocent children who are taught to trust adults being taken advantage of....maybe if you had it done to you, you would understand the torment one goes thru...
One of my cousin's got a divorce, b/c everytime she woke up at night, she feared he was in with their children, and she wanted to know where they were at all times....

the other one is so over protective to this day her kids don't want to be around her

the one boy, hide it deep down in his soul for years, and then one day, while at counseling for his daughter's death....it came out...he had surpressed it all these years, and HE was raped by his own father.

you have no idea...what these human beings go thru...none....
and anyone who harms another human being, has no rights.....
sorry

Old 04-09-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
Or maybe he knows more about the case than random people on the Internet do. Let's face it, it's not like he's getting away with it. American prisons are not the cushy resorts vengeful right wingers imagine them to be, they are more akin to a hard labor camp in North Korea. I think ten years of extreme suffering is proportionate to his crime especially considering all of the hatred and shunning he'll receive for the rest of his life even inside prison. 25 to life would be appropriate if he was a murderer.
I can't quite take in this post seriously. I thought it said that was the correct sentence (25). That childs life will never be the same, doesn't that count for anything ? If this guy is this easily aroused at the sight of a young child, he is a danger to others, a pedophile and should be locked away as soon as possible. Crimes against children and the elderly are the most heinous because these victims don't stand a chance....and should receive harsh punishments.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and anyone who harms another human being, has no rights.....
sorry
That's what people in Saudi Arabia, China, Iran, Texas and Singapore believe. So you're basically saying anyone who commits any kind of crime, should be shot on sight? I am VERY sorry you were molested and I have a lot of sympathy for you, but it's sad it has turned you into such a bitter and unforgiving person. I'm not saying you should forgive your abuser, I think you should do whatever makes you happiest, but I mean the vengeful attitude in general.

I was abused a lot as a child. By my own family and my peers. I can't remember if I was ever sexually abused as a child, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was and just don't remember. I know I don't like when people touch me and I'm afraid of doctors, but that could just be my autism. I know I was verbally and physically abused for being autistic but people see that as "nothing" compared to sexual abuse. Even though I cut myself and jumped off bridges as a teenager because I hated myself as a result of all the harsh criticism and physical pain I endured from a very small age.

I have been molested as a teenage/adult a couple of times (nothing close to rape though), and while it was humiliating and shameful it wasn't any worse than the beatings I've endured.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
I have, honestly, I'm ok, thank you, i've forgiven him, but will never be able to forget....It just really tears me up when I think of my cousins and their stories, and how their lives are ruined...me, I'm fine....they were much worse off then me....and I know the shame one carries with this, and yes, indeed, if anyone would have ever touched my child, I'd be in prison with you....

do you know years ago, I even went into the religious sections of forums and begged people to take this to their churches and fight this....for the children, and hardly anyone commented or took me seriously??????? I don't understand human beings.

I didn't write me story for sympathy, but people have to wake up...just b/c it doesn't happen to them, doesn't mean it's not real, and people especially our society today, just turns from bad stuff and lies to themselves, and that is why crime is so bad....b/c we're not doing anything about it.
creme, you are never really "ok". You just learn to live with it and go on.

I have tried to do the same thing, to bring to people's attention the abuse and deaths of young children and let's try and put a stop to it. I guess it makes people nervous or something. I would think the young children who are starved, beaten, molested, tortured, killed were pretty nervous, too. It's the same old story, "if I don't acknowledge it, it doesn't happen and I don't have to address it........"

Again, good luck, creme.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:21 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,945,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I have resigned myself to the fact that if anyone ever touched my kids like that, I would likely face trial.
That's OK. It is a line I am willing to draw.
I agree. I mean, I believe in second chances for a lot of things! Molesting a child is not one of them! I too have lines that I am willing to draw, and I assure you that like you, I would be facing trial were someone do it to my child!

Quote:

I'm glad you were able to find peace. It's too bad that people were so ho-hum about it. What can you say? Some people are just a-holes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I can't quite take in this post seriously. I thought it said that was the correct sentence (25). That childs life will never be the same, doesn't that count for anything ? If this guy is this easily aroused at the sight of a young child, he is a danger to others, a pedophile and should be locked away as soon as possible. Crimes against children and the elderly are the most heinous because these victims don't stand a chance....and should receive harsh punishments.

No argument here AnnieA! It takes a special kind of low life to prey on children and the elderly. I have absolutely no sympathy for any consequences they receive for doing so! Again, as I said in my response to stan above.... I too draw a line when it comes to things like this!

Old 04-09-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Crimes against children and the elderly are the most heinous because these victims don't stand a chance....and should receive harsh punishments.
So you're saying if he chose to rape an adult woman instead, that would be somewhat more acceptable? I don't think the age of a victim means that the crime matters more. Besides, it's the justice system, not the punishment system. I think the judge and jury know more about the case than any of us do.

I'm sick of people placing children and old people on a pedestal. A 30 year old can be just as helpless and scared against an attacker as a kid or a grandma. It's just ageism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events