Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 08:11 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times

Advertisements

this is really disgusting. I think i heard there's a movement afoot to get this judge removed.

Quote:
An Orange County Superior Court judge decided a Santa Ana man convicted of sexually assaulting a child should not have to serve the minimum sentence of 25 years to life in prison, saying that the sentence would be cruel and unusual punishment.

A jury found Kevin Jonas Rojano-Nieto, 20, guilty on Dec. 3 of having sexual intercourse with a child 10 years or younger and committing a lewd act with a minor under 14, according to a news release from the Orange County District Attorney’s Office.

“Mr. Rojano did not seek out or stalk (the victim). He was playing video games and she wandered into the garage. He inexplicably became sexually aroused but did not appear to consciously intend to harm (the victim) when he sexually assaulted her,” the wire service reported Kelly saying.
OC Judge Cuts 15 Years Off Mandatory Sentence of Man Convicted of Sodomizing Toddler | KTLA
inexplicably?

Judge cuts 15 years off sentence for man convicted of sexually assaulting 3-year-old - Huntsville News | WAAYTV.com and ABC 31: News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 08:28 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Cruel and unusual punishment huh? Nevermind what this POS did to the toddler! The judge needs to be removed, and this guy needs a slug to the back of the head! In fact, anyone who molests children should be shot once convicted!

Old 04-09-2015, 08:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
So..."not his fault because she wandered into the garage" ?

Totally sick..and this is our legal system ....

Old 04-09-2015, 08:45 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Maybe the Judge needs a Judge. Taurus Judge 4510TKR-3SS Revolver | .410 GA. .45 Long Colt 5 Rounds Matte Stainless

Old 04-09-2015, 08:49 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

no, it's not "our legal system" it's the act of one judge who in my opinion is totally wrong and did not apply the law correctly. I'm pretty sure he will face a recall if he was elected, and the District Attorney will appeal this and get the correct sentence applied.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:13 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
no, it's not "our legal system" it's the act of one judge who in my opinion is totally wrong and did not apply the law correctly. I'm pretty sure he will face a recall if he was elected, and the District Attorney will appeal this and get the correct sentence applied.
A district attorney cannot appeal a sentence just for being too lenient, unless it was illegally imposed in some other way. Only the convicted can appeal a sentence, for being excessive.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:46 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
There's only one conclusion. The judge is a closeted pedophile seeking to protect other pedophiles.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:53 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Well at least he didn't try to blame it on what the toddler was wearing.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:55 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
I wonder if this judge would have considered the sentence too harsh if the toddler victim had been his own child or grandchild.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:18 PM

506 posts, read 426,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I wonder if this judge would have considered the sentence too harsh if the toddler victim had been his own child or grandchild.
Revenge is not supposed to be the purpose of prison time. Ten years is not a light sentence by any means, and it seems that the length of the sentence is not really the issue here anyway, people are just angry that this sort of thing occurred in the first place.

I'm not going to pretend that I know what is an appropriate amount of time to spend in prision for this sort of thing, but probally for me, as a father, if this sort of thing happened to my daughter, I'm still going to be angry, even after ten years, so this guy's life would certainly be in jeopardy outside the prison walls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events