Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 07:09 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,160,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I have been profiled.........and detained many times.........by the DOT.
Being pulled over (in a commercial vehicle) by the DOT is a whole different ballgame...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 07:10 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,569,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I'd sure like to know WHO you call on when someone is breaking into your home in the middle of the night??????

You ALWAYS expect the cops to be there, at a moments notice and find YOU the good guy and the OTHER guy the bad guy even tho they have 2 seconds to assess the situation as they arrive. PLEASE feel free to call your bro/neighbor/baby momma to come and fix your issues in the middle of the night and get everything 100% right!

I call on my buddy, Sig Sauer, in those cases. He will always fix that problem, and wait for the Police with you.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:11 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,160,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
A better question is who do you call when the crook who is victimizing you is a cop? Who guards the guardians?
If you are in imminent danger of bodily harm, I'd call the U.S. Marshals.

Otherwise, I'd call the FBI after the incident is over.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:48 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,569,455 times
Folks have to remember that Police are just people like we are, and all kinds, like you see here. The only difference is a Badge. I have had encounters with Police, good and not so good. Never be afraid of Police. Don't provoke them either. If they are wrong, there are remedies for that, including taking it to the Policeman's Boss, or further up the chain. It produces results. Know your Laws better. Don't consent to searches, even if you have nothing to hide, politely. You don't have to answer questions that do not relate to why you where stopped. I have done that, politely. I have been asked where I had been, so I asked why do you want to know. You can ask them questions too, politely. Have even had to correct a couple on a particular Law they cited. Politely. You don't have to be a jerk to stand up for your own rights, if needed. Politely. Most of the time, it resolves the problem, because you are not intimidated, nor belligerent. Even Police will pick their battles if more paper and further Administrative action is certain to be involved. Police are not usually intimidated by thugs, or abusive drivers, but are not always eager to take a problem to their superiors.

Have been to Court with them 3 times and won, because the did not interpret Laws correctly, because they really did not know the complete wording, and for doing something illegal, in an effort to enforce another Law. so they are human and make mistakes too, and will stretch their authority beyond their legal limits, either not knowing the limit, or if they think no one knows. .

You can have your right respected, without being combative and possibly being hurt in the process. or looking like a jerk that is the only problem. That's always a "win" situation for Police.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:06 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,336,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Being pulled over (in a commercial vehicle) by the DOT is a whole different ballgame...
They can still cause you big problems.........and one was very plain telling

me he could have a man in blue there in just a few minutes.

Most of the time they question me for not having a license plate.

Their supervisor tells then why I do not need a license plate in Michigan.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:32 AM

506 posts, read 426,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
C-D allows racist/race-bashing posts ... why are you surprised?
In addition, although there are a few police-bashers, many posters are simply for bad cops being held accountable for their actions. Let's not confused the two.
I'm confused, because I'm a police basher, but I also want bad cops to be held accountable for their actions.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:40 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
I have to wonder why threads that deal with current news about bad cops is considered cop bashing. We are posting about specific incidents, not threads stating all cops suck.

And I have to laugh at those who say there are too many threads lately and it needs to stop. There are so many threads lately because there are so many stories coming out. Stop trying to squelch the conversation. There are bad people in all professions and it's okay to discuss that whether or not you approve.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:07 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,945,411 times
Don't break the law, don't have police encounters. That works for almost everyone.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:09 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Don't break the law, don't have police encounters. That works for almost everyone.
Almost, but not quite everyone.

And as I stated before, some places allow cops to stop and frisk without needing any reason to do so.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:17 AM

506 posts, read 426,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Yeah, it works for everybody but people with dark skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events