U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 04-21-2015, 01:04 AM
 
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
6,291 posts, read 3,585,827 times
Reputation: 11095

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
Unthinkable??? Really? Come on, some of the mock outrage and histrionics are getting a little out of hand here. It's not like she was caught on tape abusing a child or robbing a store. I understand this is the new thin skinned America where sticks and stone will break our bones and words will ALWAYS hurt us, but come on. Anyone who thinks that this behavior is "despicable" or "unthinkable" or just one of the worst things they've seen must have never been exposed to a real life intense situation. I don't know maybe it's just because I've see violence played out in the real world that passive aggressive mutterings between females just doesn't bother me. I'm sure Gina was dishing out it out as well as she was taking it so in the end what really happened? Was any physically hurt? Is anyone dead? Bleeding? In the hospital? In the end all that happened was millions of sensitive people in America got their delicate feelings hurt and now millions of people are satiating their bloodlust hoping to see a "dumb blonde" get her comeuppance.
I am not thin skinned, and I am not all that sensitive, but I am sorry anyone who has so little respect for another human being to treat them this way and talk to them the way she did shows an utter lack of respect for other human beings, and just a general lack of human decency and empathy. She was being real classy there, and real professional. No, no one was bleeding or hurt or dead - but she was very unkind and hateful - and many people will find that very offensive.
She is an arrogant little bully, and not everyone is going think that is as wonderful as you do.

It's my opinion...sorry you don't like it, but I don't really care.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-21-2015, 01:09 AM
 
Location: Nashville TN
4,925 posts, read 4,599,947 times
Reputation: 4778
She acted spoiled and entitled and pathetic but we all make mistakes, no reason to lose her job over this.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2015, 09:12 AM
 
672 posts, read 583,533 times
Reputation: 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
She acted spoiled and entitled and pathetic but we all make mistakes, no reason to lose her job over this.
I agree, she should not lose her job over this incident. I just wish that she didn't have it in the first place because I believe that there are more qualified candidates that do not get hired because they aren't eye candy.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2015, 10:24 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,877 posts, read 4,027,292 times
Reputation: 4130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I am not thin skinned, and I am not all that sensitive, but I am sorry anyone who has so little respect for another human being to treat them this way and talk to them the way she did shows an utter lack of respect for other human beings, and just a general lack of human decency and empathy. She was being real classy there, and real professional. No, no one was bleeding or hurt or dead - but she was very unkind and hateful - and many people will find that very offensive.
She is an arrogant little bully, and not everyone is going think that is as wonderful as you do.

It's my opinion...sorry you don't like it, but I don't really care.
A lack of human decency and empathy? Is this real life? This was 60 seconds of her life that was heavily edited to show one side of the story. To extrapolate that out and say she is some horrible person is ridiculous, especially considering we don't know what the other person was saying.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2015, 02:45 PM
 
Location: Upper St. Clair, PA
367 posts, read 291,417 times
Reputation: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
I agree, she should not lose her job over this incident. I just wish that she didn't have it in the first place because I believe that there are more qualified candidates that do not get hired because they aren't eye candy.
Ok, for ****s and giggles: Name 10 such people and why.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2015, 03:06 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,877 posts, read 4,027,292 times
Reputation: 4130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica2099 View Post
Ok, for ****s and giggles: Name 10 such people and why.
Don't hold your breath. I'm not an expert on her work but I've watched enough ESPN and sporting events to know that her qualifications more or less fall in line with the industry standard.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2015, 03:29 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,742 posts, read 3,876,712 times
Reputation: 8522
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
I'm not "defending" her per se, I just don't rush to judgement and hurl condemnations without feeling I know all the facts. I'm also not offended by a single thing she said, I've heard worse and in fact said worse in my life.
Well, that explains a lot.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
Don't hold your breath. I'm not an expert on her work but I've watched enough ESPN and sporting events to know that her qualifications more or less fall in line with the industry standard.
That much is obvious.

One high-level producer at ESPN told reporters, "She's the worst", when describing her.

And if her qualifications fall in line, more or less, with the rest of the ESPN roster, then it should be (and is) relatively easy to replace her with someone who doesn't have an extremely damaged reputation with society, her body of work, and as well as internally.

After all, don't most companies hold their employees to the standard of positively representing their brand "on" and "off" the clock, whether it's ESPN, a PR firm, a law firm, etc? Between reports of "amateur"/below average work, internal strife with co-workers and this incident, it's pretty clear what kind of person she is.

This thread reminds me of this

Putting it mildly, though. I'll just leave it at that.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2015, 05:31 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,877 posts, read 4,027,292 times
Reputation: 4130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Well, that explains a lot.
If you've never heard worse in your life than you live in a sheltered bubble and it explains your hysterical reaction to this.

Quote:
That much is obvious.

One high-level producer at ESPN told reporters, "She's the worst", when describing her.

And if her qualifications fall in line, more or less, with the rest of the ESPN roster, then it should be (and is) relatively easy to replace her with someone who doesn't have an extremely damaged reputation with society, her body of work, and as well as internally.

After all, don't most companies hold their employees to the standard of positively representing their brand "on" and "off" the clock, whether it's ESPN, a PR firm, a law firm, etc? Between reports of "amateur"/below average work, internal strife with co-workers and this incident, it's pretty clear what kind of person she is.

This thread reminds me of this

Putting it mildly, though. I'll just leave it at that.
Do you have a name for this "high level producer" or just "reports" of what someone said? I'm not defending her because I think she's some awesome reporter, when I heard her name I had to google her to recognize her. When I saw her I vaguely remembered her from some NFL stuff. We're only getting one side of the story here and I'm tired of how overly sensitive, thin skinned, and crybaby our culture has become. No one was hurt, no one lost their life or property. All that happened was a couple of women exchanged some verbal blows, who cares? This country isn't becoming soft, it is soft. People who think what Britt McHenry did was "awful" have never struggled in their lives or been in a truly bad or dangerous situation.

The towing company heavily edited this tape and shopped it around to elicit sympathy mostly because they're a scummy company with horrid reviews. If Britt McHenry wasn't moderately famous, good looking, and blonde this would be a non-story and no one would care. People look at people like her and project their own preconceived notions and biases unto her and have used this tape justify what they've thought all along. That's why there is no outcry for the unedited tape, because people don't really want to know the truth, they're perfectly happy with their confirmation bias.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2015, 08:46 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,742 posts, read 3,876,712 times
Reputation: 8522
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
If you've never heard worse in your life than you live in a sheltered bubble and it explains your hysterical reaction to this.
That's not what I was talking about, you say you've said worse. To CSRs or anyone else in public? Yeah, speaks to your (lack of) character, if that's the case. Bird of a feather.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
Do you have a name for this "high level producer" or just "reports" of what someone said? I'm not defending her because I think she's some awesome reporter, when I heard her name I had to google her to recognize her. When I saw her I vaguely remembered her from some NFL stuff. We're only getting one side of the story here and I'm tired of how overly sensitive, thin skinned, and crybaby our culture has become. No one was hurt, no one lost their life or property. All that happened was a couple of women exchanged some verbal blows, who cares? This country isn't becoming soft, it is soft. People who think what Britt McHenry did was "awful" have never struggled in their lives or been in a truly bad or dangerous situation.

The towing company heavily edited this tape and shopped it around to elicit sympathy mostly because they're a scummy company with horrid reviews. If Britt McHenry wasn't moderately famous, good looking, and blonde this would be a non-story and no one would care. People look at people like her and project their own preconceived notions and biases unto her and have used this tape justify what they've thought all along. That's why there is no outcry for the unedited tape, because people don't really want to know the truth, they're perfectly happy with their confirmation bias.
Of course not, why would any ESPN employee or anyone in this situation say that and then give their name?

By the way, I've never once in this thread said she should or will get fired, but I completely understand if she does and wouldn't feel sorry for her in the slightest, so move around with that.

And nah, it's not because people are soft or haven't struggled or been in bad situations. It's people who actually have careers, responsibilities, authority, an image to uphold for a/their brand and/or who were raised with some manners and not in a barn, and understand that doing or saying certain things in certain situations come with repercussions when you badly represent your brand.

Unfortunately, not everyone is in that position or was raised with even a shred bit of decency, and that's been made pretty obvious by those who think it's okay to sweep it under the rug without reprimand.

And unless the unedited tape shows that she never actually said any of those things, then what exactly will the unedited tape prove? That she was provoked? You clearly have insecurity issues, among many, many other things, if someone can provoke you and get a reaction out of you when a) you know you're being recorded and b) the person flat out tells you they'll show the tape.

But that's fine. Continue to ignore the evidence about her prior nasty behavior, internal strife, documentation of her amateur job performance to stick up for yo' girl.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2015, 08:53 PM
 
Location: Back in the gym...Yo Adrian!
9,371 posts, read 17,506,916 times
Reputation: 18346
On the one hand, anyone would be honked off if their car was towed and had to deal with some of the mouth-breathers who work at these impound lots. They are about two steps down from the DMV in terms of customer service and power tripping. So I can understand someone having a bad day that went worse and having to deal with thieves in government.

On the other hand, this ESPN talking face is a typical example of someone who got her job for her looks and fake smile. She was a quota hire since ESPN and most networks have to hire a certain amount of women and minorities to show diversity. Particularly young attractive women to pose as eye candy for the knuckle-dragging viewers at home. She didn't get her position at ESPN for her thorough knowledge of sports and athletes, or working her way up from the bottom. Probably went to the right party, or dated the right people. She is an arrogant, entitled little c*** and I'm glad to see her being humiliated (by her own hand) and possibly losing her career. She was particularly mean, hurtful, and just rotten. Hope we've seen the last of her.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top