U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 08:27 AM

3,067 posts, read 2,504,109 times

Advertisements

I hate admitting this but I can't judge her. I've never seen her on tv so I don't know how she is as a broadcast journalist but i can say that Im in a professional communication program and honestly compared to my class mates when it comes to articulating myself verbally in a way that is effective and demonstrates how intelligent I am, I completely suck at it. In fact I always have, which is why I knew better and did not go into broadcast journalism lol. On the flipside its my print and digital work that really showcases my talent and shocks people. Otherwise from talking to most of my friends I come across as ditzy and entitled and shallow. And I've been accused in previous career positions of using my male coworkers to get ahead even though that is not true at all. Though that's not true I understand why people think that about me. In addition Im not proud of it but I'm good at talking down to people and making them feel like they are scum on my shoe. Similar to Britt... I can be a b$$$h especially if I'm pissed off. I've done similar things when Im angry with customer service reps lol.

Seeing this video made me realize how bad this looks and how mean it is. I don't know what her punishment should be. On one hand I understand it because I see myself in her unfortunately on the other hand she is a representation of ESPN so she doesn't have the luxury to carry on the way I and others might in similar situations... She needs to keep her image in check at all times.

If I were in her position the first thing I would do is really reexamine myself and try to understand why I thought it was okay to treat someone like that just because I was mad. Then I would also apologize to the woman, the network, and going forward be careful and more conscious of how I treat others.

It's interesting because there are workers that have been fired for way less that also work in the media so I'm wondering why all she got was a one week suspension. Honestly I feel that perhaps it would be in the best interest of ESPN to fire her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 03:06 PM

6,742 posts, read 4,114,758 times
Disgraced ESPN reporter Britt McHenry returning to airwaves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events