U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 04-17-2015, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Austin,TX.
118 posts, read 101,001 times
Reputation: 124

Advertisements

The perfect example of "Ugly on The Inside".
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-17-2015, 11:03 AM
 
Location: Upper St. Clair, PA
367 posts, read 291,300 times
Reputation: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
I'm glad you know something that the rest of the public doesn't. If there is a full video that you apparently have seen, please share it with the rest of us so that we can stop passing judgement on this "greatly edited video".
It should be pretty obvious the video is greatly edited if you watch it. There are many instances where the video jumps frames clearly demonstrating there are segments being left out. Since I don't know if those segments were the clerk making comments, and also that I don't know that there wasn't a first part to the video before the part released by Advanced Towing, in which the clerk may have made an unsavory remark about her, then I am not going to jump on the "fire her" bandwagon.

Britt should have known better, but ESPN should not go overboard on a (like it or not) talented sports reporter unless they have seen the full video.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2015, 11:34 AM
 
Location: San Francisco, CA
12,854 posts, read 10,219,339 times
Reputation: 11493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica2099 View Post
It should be pretty obvious the video is greatly edited if you watch it. There are many instances where the video jumps frames clearly demonstrating there are segments being left out. Since I don't know if those segments were the clerk making comments, and also that I don't know that there wasn't a first part to the video before the part released by Advanced Towing, in which the clerk may have made an unsavory remark about her, then I am not going to jump on the "fire her" bandwagon.

Britt should have known better, but ESPN should not go overboard on a (like it or not) talented sports reporter unless they have seen the full video.
Does not really matter what the employee told her. There are mature ways to handle such matters. Nothing that she said would be justified by the situation. Getting into childish insult matches with strangers is for...well, children.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2015, 11:42 AM
 
672 posts, read 583,533 times
Reputation: 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica2099 View Post
It should be pretty obvious the video is greatly edited if you watch it. There are many instances where the video jumps frames clearly demonstrating there are segments being left out. Since I don't know if those segments were the clerk making comments, and also that I don't know that there wasn't a first part to the video before the part released by Advanced Towing, in which the clerk may have made an unsavory remark about her, then I am not going to jump on the "fire her" bandwagon.

Britt should have known better, but ESPN should not go overboard on a (like it or not) talented sports reporter unless they have seen the full video.
There are other videos out there with the clerk's responses, she shows a lot of restraint in the face of such ugly behavior.


Bottom line, Britt McHenry is yet another untalented hack female reporter who was only hired by one of the sports networks because she's a pretty face and boobies and arse. She's been rightly called out for being amateurish. Eric McAndrews, who I find to be exceedingly grating and unqualified, is another one (I don't find her to be especially good looking, but I've been told that she's hot by several guys that I know). There are gobs out there. It's a shame that those qualifications matter more than real actual credentials to the four letter sports network, because there are a lot of far more knowledgable female reporters out there who may not be as young and "pretty". Rachel Nichols is an example, she is an actual journalist. But then again, the networks want to give the fluff pieces, the feel good junk, to the women so maybe it's find.

ESPN suspended her, meh, whatever. But they ought to hire more qualified candidates, regardless of the pretty.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2015, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Upper St. Clair, PA
367 posts, read 291,300 times
Reputation: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post

Who the hell is going to give a positive review on Yelp for a towing company?

"5-star! This towing company did such an amazing job towing my car after I illegally parked in a no-parking zone. They only charged me $200! Would visit again!"
Surely not the person who was parked illegally, but towing companies also respond to calls where people are stranded on the highway with a break down, or other legitimate reasons not involving illegal parking. If the company was doing a good job, these people would review. 80 of 89 being 1-star points to them being a bottom of the barrel company.

Perhaps even with the illegal parked cars, if they were courteous enough they could scrounge out a few 2-stars with people. The company is poor at what they do, which is why I am skeptical about what they may be leaving out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
There are other videos out there with the clerk's responses, she shows a lot of restraint in the face of such ugly behavior.


Bottom line, Britt McHenry is yet another untalented hack female reporter who was only hired by one of the sports networks because she's a pretty face and boobies and arse.
I'm sure she enjoys going through life knowing that so many people think she only has her job because of her looks. This is probably why she is so defensive about mentioning her degree. Attractive women are too often made to think their looks are the only reason why they have a good job.

But anyway, do have links for these other videos?

Again I am not defending her comments. I am defending her against the "fire her immediately" crowd.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2015, 12:14 PM
 
672 posts, read 583,533 times
Reputation: 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica2099 View Post
I'm sure she enjoys going through life knowing that so many people think she only has her job because of her looks. This is probably why she is so defensive about mentioning her degree. Attractive women are too often made to think their looks are the only reason why they have a good job.
I am saying that Britt McHenry's body of work is awful, I am basing my opinion of why she got her job because I find her to be no good at it. She may be smart, she may have a degree, but she outputs a bunch of fluff junk. Erin McAndrews is awful at her job. There are plenty of skilled female journalists who are also knowledgeable about sports.


ESPN Reporter Britt McHenry Berates A Towing Company Employee [Updates]
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2015, 12:23 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,742 posts, read 3,876,712 times
Reputation: 8522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica2099 View Post
I'm sure she enjoys going through life knowing that so many people think she only has her job because of her looks. This is probably why she is so defensive about mentioning her degree. Attractive women are too often made to think their looks are the only reason why they have a good job.

But anyway, do have links for these other videos?

Again I am not defending her comments. I am defending her against the "fire her immediately" crowd.
It's obvious you aren't familiar with Bitc..I mean Britt's "work". She's been called out before, including Washington Redskins' coach, Jay Gruden, for not being good or professional at her job.

She's almost as bad as Erin Andrews, who is the grand Poobah of "attractive" women that aren't good at their jobs as sports "reporters". I can think of a few, "less attractive" women in the sports world who are far better at their job and have a better understanding of the sport(s) they cover. They just aren't eye candy.

I've encountered her exact type in j-school before, and they're all a dime a dozen, especially when you're talking aboout an elite journalism program.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2015, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Upper St. Clair, PA
367 posts, read 291,300 times
Reputation: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
I am saying that Britt McHenry's body of work is awful, I am basing my opinion of why she got her job because I find her to be no good at it. She may be smart, she may have a degree, but she outputs a bunch of fluff junk. Erin McAndrews is awful at her job. There are plenty of skilled female journalists who are also knowledgeable about sports.


ESPN Reporter Britt McHenry Berates A Towing Company Employee [Updates]
The link also provides some pretty unsavory comments about Advanced Towing if you follow the arlnow link. Why is she being towed if she is eating dinner at that restaurant during its business hours? If the restaurant was concerned, wouldn't they have sought out the driver of the vehicle? Wouldn't that have been a quicker response then calling Advanced Towing? So I don't believe they were called at all and instead an Advanced Towing driver stumbled on the opportunity to tow a car they could have a right to tow, and did so to make money. I would be upset too.

I didn't think what she said in the first half of the video was a big deal and may have been her venting more to herself. So in the second half she provides about 30 seconds of unprofessional comments in a tough situation. But then she stops, and leaves. I'm sure the towing lady has heard much, much worse. They simply have a celebrity they can throw a counter punch against, and have come out swinging. Her current punishment suits the offense.

I'm surprised about what you said about Erin Andrews. She has put together some very good pieces, especially when she was covering hockey. This was a little bit before she became a very well known name, so maybe ESPN "dumbed her down", too.

Advanced Towing at work in another case: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...298537061.html

This is not a sympathetic company.

Last edited by Jessica2099; 04-17-2015 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: More info
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2015, 12:47 PM
J24
 
Location: Portland, OR
448 posts, read 656,472 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica2099 View Post
The link also provides some pretty unsavory comments about Advanced Towing if you follow the arlnow link. Why is she being towed if she is eating dinner at that restaurant during its business hours? If the restaurant was concerned, wouldn't they have sought out the driver of the vehicle? Wouldn't that have been a quicker response then calling Advanced Towing? So I don't believe they were called at all and instead an Advanced Towing driver stumbled on the opportunity to tow a car they could have a right to tow, and did so to make money. I would be upset too.

I didn't think what she said in the first half of the video was a big deal and may have been her venting more to herself. So in the second half she provides about 30 seconds of unprofessional comments in a tough situation. But then she stops, and leaves. I'm sure the towing lady has heard much, much worse. They simply have a celebrity they can throw a counter punch against, and have come out swinging. Her current punishment suits the offense.

I'm surprised about what you said about Erin Andrews. She has put together some very good pieces, especially when she was covering hockey. This was a little bit before she became a very well known name, so maybe ESPN "dumbed her down", too.

Advanced Towing at work in another case: Arlington Tow Truck Driver Hooks Car With Children Inside | NBC4 Washington

This is not a sympathetic company.
You can sit here defending Britt McHenry's actions all you want by saying that it's such a horrible company, but it's not about them. They might be the worst company in the world. They might have treated her poorly. The fact is, that when you're a professional or a public figure as she is, you have to watch what you say and do. No matter how bad the company is, spewing personal insults to the woman working is uncalled for. It doesn't matter how rude she might have been. She should have to face the consequences for it. Using those personal insults really says a lot about a person.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2015, 12:52 PM
 
38,326 posts, read 15,359,817 times
Reputation: 16904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica2099 View Post
....
This is not a sympathetic company.
What towing company would be?

Probably hard to find anyone having sympathy towards the company that towed their car. I'm thinking that you aren't going to find too many posts like this.

"....They made having my car towed a wonderful and rewarding experience. I can't wait to do business with them again..."


Nah. never gonna happen. LOL.

------------------------

This princess should have accepted the responsibility, paid the fine, and left the nasty commentary at home.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 04-17-2015 at 01:00 PM..
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top