Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 03:44 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,683,343 times

Advertisements

I don't know the ins and outs of this "Scandal" what was she mad about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 03:57 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,343,824 times
Oh my god, this woman. I hope this ruins her career. I do not care WHAT the towing company said to her. There is nothing that can make her language ok. She is a blonde bimbo who got where she is because she is a blonde bimbo. She looks like a barbie doll. Its funny that the New York Daily News ( I think it was) is defending her and saying, "well, she is a woman and she is blonde, people love to see people like that taken down a notch, how dare we even criticize her". I mean, how bizarre. Sick of people talking about the race card when the Blonde w a Rack card is played fifty million times a day. Screw her.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:04 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,462,460 times
Looks as if she completely ignored the warning about parking in the private lot where she left her car.

ESPN's Britt McHenry left car in Hunan Number One parking lot after happy hour

Old 04-18-2015, 04:31 PM

367 posts, read 455,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
She is a blonde bimbo who got where she is because she is a blonde bimbo. She looks like a barbie doll.
You sure are looking at this objectively. God forbid a hot blonde woman actually goes to college, and earns her degree to land a well paying job like everyone else.

Don't worry. A lot of people jump to this conclusion about her, because it happens anytime you are an attractive woman with a good job. I mean there can be absolutely no way that you got the great job from doing it the right way. It has to be because of your looks and only your looks. This is probably why I have become passionate about this topic, because on a smaller level, I can relate. Britt deals with it on a much higher level so I know that whatever I have heard is only a small fraction of what she deals with. Because of this she needs to defend her education frequently.

The beginning of this video isn't that bad. So what that she's saying that she doesn't want to be there. Then she says she "sue the place". How many customers per day do you think tell Gina (the towing clerk) that? Gina's heard that many, many times before.

The most curious and suspicious pause of this video occurs after Britt tells Gina "you guys only care about taking other peoples money". This is before ANY personal insult. We do not hear Gina's response but there is very noticeable edit here. If Gina never responded, why is an edit necessary? If there's an edit, then likely Gina has said something a little unflattering. If not, why hide it?

If Gina did say something unflattering there, then this therefore means she threw the first "personal level" punch. She might not have said something unflattering, but it is very reasonable to assume she did and this was edited out. Is it appropriate for Gina, while at work, to make a personal comment towards a customer.

Then we get to the part about the job, and really Britt's only mistake here. But was Britt backed in the corner by something, as in the above paragraph edited out? Did Gina, who later we know tells her to "fix her roots", so therefore we know Gina has paid notice to Britt's physical appearance, make the same kind of "barbie doll" reference that was edited out? Maybe, or maybe not. Do you know for a fact that she did or didn't. No. You don't know more then I do here, and ESPN doesn't either. So therefore, she is punished for a week. Do you fire someone based on this? If you do, then you don't belong in management because you are making a judgement on something in which you do not have all the facts. So if I a manager and trying to determine what is likely, are you going to consider the reputation of the other party, in this case, Advanced Towing? If you actually are a manager, then you better be. People reply that Advanced Towing's reputation doesn't matter. Oh yeah, it does.

TO conclude, Britt then is preparing to leave, and where she is then told by Gina to "fix your roots". If Gina did not say this, is not more likely that Britt, who at the beginning just wanted to get out of there, just leaves? Yes, it is. But now, Gina, in her own acting very unprofessionally, insults her, and in response, Britt counters.

Look, I realize many people out there just want to see a successful hot blonde get punished. Attractive women are used to that in workplace, from both men and women.

Thank you to those who have objectively discussed the topic.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:06 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,382,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica2099 View Post
You sure are looking at this objectively. God forbid a hot blonde woman actually goes to college, and earns her degree to land a well paying job like everyone else.

Don't worry. A lot of people jump to this conclusion about her, because it happens anytime you are an attractive woman with a good job. I mean there can be absolutely no way that you got the great job from doing it the right way. It has to be because of your looks and only your looks. This is probably why I have become passionate about this topic, because on a smaller level, I can relate. Britt deals with it on a much higher level so I know that whatever I have heard is only a small fraction of what she deals with. Because of this she needs to defend her education frequently.

If Gina did say something unflattering there, then this therefore means she threw the first "personal level" punch. She might not have said something unflattering, but it is very reasonable to assume she did and this was edited out. Is it appropriate for Gina, while at work, to make a personal comment towards a customer.

Look, I realize many people out there just want to see a successful hot blonde get punished. Attractive women are used to that in workplace, from both men and women.

This issue sounds very personal to you as if you think people are out to get the "hot blonde". Yes pretty people have it so hard

Her "education" is a joke. She doesn't need it to do that job. Get real. Like many degrees, it's simply a piece of paper to open the door. As more and more people go to college the value of the degree declines. Simply supply and demand. In time it simply becomes a 4 year extension of high school.(or 6 years in her case)

I don't care what she looks like. I was simply calling a spade a spade. She's a talentless hack who is going after this woman's education and job, and looks in a vicious manner. She parked in a tow away zone and got TOWED....BIG SURPISE!? Are you kidding me? She doesn't even have a right to be mad. Would she talk to a cop like that after he gave her a ticket for breaking a clearly marked law? I don't' think so. She's in the wrong.

You don't need a master's in journalism to be a "reporter"(using this term really loosely) on espn. She has that job because of her looks. She can read a teleprompter. That's her "skillset"...and her looks. You don't see fat ugly women with a job like hers. She's eyecandy for men watching sports.

My issue is not with her looks. I'd give the same hell to man or a fat women if they treated someone like that.

My issue is with her disgusting behavior. Got to love it when the tow company boss doesn't give a rat's ass about his employees and wants britt to keep her job. I bet if she talked to HIM like that he wouldn't be saying this.
Towing company wants ESPN’s Britt McHenry to keep her job | For The Win

P.S. I don't care if she's the most talented person in the world, you don't treat people like that!

Old 04-18-2015, 05:13 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,382,829 times
ESPN Reporter Britt McHenry Has A History Of Being Rude As Hell

Old 04-18-2015, 06:18 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,593,784 times
I'm starting to get the feeling that ESPN will eventually fire her. They're probably under a lot of pressure to get rid of her. I don't like TMZ, but if they are to be believed - apparently there's a lot of people at ESPN who don't want her back and don't think she'll be back. The week-long suspension may have been a quick PR move by ESPN (if so, it's a poor one) to get her off the air and distanced from the company, and to buy the company time to perform a more thorough investigation into this incident and her previous altercations before deciding what they really want to do with her. The decision may have already been quietly made to fire her, but they want to ensure that their T's are crossed and the I's dotted before giving her the boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
Oh my god, this woman. I hope this ruins her career. I do not care WHAT the towing company said to her. There is nothing that can make her language ok. She is a blonde bimbo who got where she is because she is a blonde bimbo. She looks like a barbie doll. Its funny that the New York Daily News ( I think it was) is defending her and saying, "well, she is a woman and she is blonde, people love to see people like that taken down a notch, how dare we even criticize her". I mean, how bizarre. Sick of people talking about the race card when the Blonde w a Rack card is played fifty million times a day. Screw her.
Actually, I hope this doesn't ruin her career, and I don't think it will. (Although I'd be OK with ESPN firing her...she is a toxic detriment to their brand after all.) Britt is an unpleasant and very "entitled princess" woman that reminds me of Regina George from "Mean Girls", but she is still 28 years old thus still fairly young and probably not too set in her ways. Hopefully this incident gives her a serious introspective wake-up call - especially considering that this was NOT some emotional "heat of the moment" thing (i.e. she has a history of being snobby), and she does whatever is needed to learn from this and become a better person and professional...with help if needed. Then, after a sufficient hiatus (at least a year) from the media, she can get a second chance by joining Fox or some other outlet, with a strong warning that she is on thin ice and if she berates someone again, she's immediately gone. And that time it would be career-ruining.

IIRC, she did some NFL and MLB coverage for ESPN. Whatever happens to her, I think it'll be a long time before she does any coverage for any high-profile event, person or entity. If she does remain hired at ESPN or lands a job at another media outlet, I suspect they will restrict her to low-profile stuff for a long while. MLS (soccer league), college baseball, etc. Maybe even stuff that's internet-video only and buried deep within the website...no TV. And perhaps only allow her to interview guys...no women. Low-risk stuff PR-wise, basically. If she stays out of trouble and shows signs of improving maturity, then maybe she'll slowly work her way back up.

This is all assuming that she actually has some actual journalism and reporting skills, of course. I'm dubious about that. Her looks very likely played a large factor in ESPN hiring her.

As for Gina...if she really did provoke Britt by criticizing her roots (physical appearance), then she needs to be reprimanded or fired too. It is suspicious that the video footage was edited. If Gina was acting polite and professional, it seems like Advanced Towing would want to show those parts. However, this does not excuse Britt's classless response one bit, nor should it factor into any further punishment (if any) that ESPN may administer. I don't think there's very many people out there that's actually taking the tow truck company's side here...they just feel that Britt's actions were way out of line, no matter what. And I agree with that. Britt is a very public-facing media figure representing a large internationally-known company. Therefore she has to be held to a much higher standard of conduct than some tow truck company employee.

Lastly, the entire towing business is contentious by nature...of course they're gonna get bad reviews. People generally don't like their car being towed without their permission, even if the person is clearly at fault by parking illegally or something.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Her "education" is a joke. She doesn't need it to do that job. Get real. Like many degrees, it's simply a piece of paper to open the door. As more and more people go to college the value of the degree declines. Simply supply and demand. In time it simply becomes a 4 year extension of high school.(or 6 years in her case)

I don't care what she looks like. I was simply calling a spade a spade. She's a talentless hack who is going after this woman's education and job, and looks in a vicious manner. She parked in a tow away zone and got TOWED....BIG SURPISE!? Are you kidding me? She doesn't even have a right to be mad. Would she talk to a cop like that after he gave her a ticket for breaking a clearly marked law? I don't' think so. She's in the wrong.

My issue is with her disgusting behavior. Got to love it when the tow company boss doesn't give a rat's ass about his employees and wants britt to keep her job. I bet if she talked to HIM like that he wouldn't be saying this.
Towing company wants ESPN’s Britt McHenry to keep her job | For The Win

P.S. I don't care if she's the most talented person in the world, you don't treat people like that!
No, she got the job because of her education and past experience. Is it an eye-candy type of job? Of course it is. ESPN does not just pick attractive young women off the street. Her degree and experience differentiated her from other attractive young females, which got her the job.

I'm not really debating whether or not Advanced Towing was within their rights to tow her car, and actually conceded the point that it was a perfectly legal tow. Just because it is legal doesn't give them a pass to act like jerks. (And as a brief tangent, that Hunan restaurant really has an agreement with Advanced Towing tow have cars towed IMMEDIATELY upon closing? I know one place I'll never go if I am in Arlington!) She might not have "the right to mad" but she has the right to be flustered about the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Nice read. I was aware of the first twitter exchange. Fair enough.

As for the supposed former classmate, even the article's author questions their credibility, so I will too.

Sarah Palin: Am I missing the point as to the problem here? She's having fun.

The Odell Beckman/Mike Magee thing is interesting, as after all it starts with an intelligent and very true observation by McHenry regarding the fact that we will never have European caliber soccer here when our best athletes choose other sports as Odell Beckham did. Fair point, and not criticizing Beckham, just making a statement. Enter Mike Magee who insults her tweet by calling it the most ridiculous thing he has ever read. Britt is the bad one here? Not at all, Mr. Magee needs to grow up.

She's not a princess. I have never claimed she is. But she also has the right to respond to people who criticize her. Suspending her for a week hopefully helps her correct this problem. It doesn't mean she needs to be terminated.

Last edited by Jessica2099; 04-18-2015 at 06:54 PM.. Reason: Typo fixes

Old 04-18-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
I'm starting to get the feeling that ESPN will eventually fire her. They're probably under a lot of pressure to get rid of her. I don't like TMZ, but if they are to be believed - apparently there's a lot of people at ESPN who don't want her back and don't think she'll be back.
If this is the case, then it becomes more of an internal business decision by ESPN based on her on-the-job relationships with co-workers, and not as much about the videotape. The tape simply set the inevitable in motion, or sped up the process. In that case, then I would respect the decision of ESPN.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:41 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,343,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica2099 View Post

The beginning of this video isn't that bad. So what that she's saying that she doesn't want to be there. Then she says she "sue the place". How many customers per day do you think tell Gina (the towing clerk) that? Gina's heard that many, many times before.

The most curious and suspicious pause of this video occurs after Britt tells Gina "you guys only care about taking other peoples money". This is before ANY personal insult. We do not hear Gina's response but there is very noticeable edit here. If Gina never responded, why is an edit necessary? If there's an edit, then likely Gina has said something a little unflattering. If not, why hide it?

Then we get to the part about the job, and really Britt's only mistake here. But was Britt backed in the corner by something, as in the above paragraph edited out? Did Gina, who later we know tells her to "fix her roots", so therefore we know Gina has paid notice to Britt's physical appearance, make the same kind of "barbie doll" reference that was edited out? Maybe, or maybe not. Do you know for a fact that she did or didn't. No. You don't know more then I do here, and ESPN doesn't either. So therefore, she is punished for a week. Do you fire someone based on this? If you do, then you don't belong in management because you are making a judgement on something in which you do not have all the facts. So if I a manager and trying to determine what is likely, are you going to consider the reputation of the other party, in this case, Advanced Towing? If you actually are a manager, then you better be. People reply that Advanced Towing's reputation doesn't matter. Oh yeah, it does.

TO conclude, Britt then is preparing to leave, and where she is then told by Gina to "fix your roots". If Gina did not say this, is not more likely that Britt, who at the beginning just wanted to get out of there, just leaves? Yes, it is. But now, Gina, in her own acting very unprofessionally, insults her, and in response, Britt counters.

That is a whole lotta words to defend someone who clearly does not deserve it.

As a woman, I admit that it is probably tasteless to attack her on grounds of looks. But that does not give her any special dispensation either. And it is a fact that women in broadcasting are OFTEN chosen because of their looks. They are often pretty much models. The fact that she has exhibited low-class behavior makes her a bimbo and rude on top of it. I would not tolerate that in my newsroom, because from reports I have read this is clearly the way she tends to react with others. I mean, did you watch the tape? Come on. The woman does NOT deserve your lack of brevity. She SHOULD be pilloried and raked over the coals. If she were a bald man, I would have probably said something snide about that. I agree that that is wrong. But screw that bimbo. Sorry, I got no sympathy for her.

Also? Reputation of the towing company? Uh, she didn't say a WORD about the company. Like, "hey, I read your Yelp reviews and they are abysmal". NOPE, she is attacking the woman behind the counter. And not only that but doing it in a way that is totally unconscionable and indefensible, period. PE. RI. OD. I do NOT care how many words you throw at me, in my opinion, pretending that she had a legit reason for calling a woman trailer trash, for saying "I work in TV honey, I got a degree" and continuing to berate the woman- I mean, that is garbage. Total, indefensible garbage. She didn't say ANYTHING about the towing company. NOTHING. She got real personal real quick and that is why she is a low-class, no-brained blonde waste of space. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events