Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 07:05 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times

Advertisements

Looks like the secret service and security have another major lapse. I wouldn't feel too secure in the White House with all of the stooges tripping over each other. I would CLEAN house and start over with shoot to kill for any fence hoppers or stupid people trying to get on the news.
Who knows this day and age which moron is going to try to make a statement by flying a bomb in or something as bad. ZERO TOLERANCE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 07:08 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Free speech - he brought his message to his so-called representatives who are otherwise almost completely inaccessible. He didn't hurt anyone or damage anything. Lots of freedom haters on the forum today.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:13 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He should be given a reward. Completely exposes the total ineptitude of the over paid government worker in DC.
Thank you. He's a hero in many people's eyes.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:17 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
I think he should have been forced down by helicopter. Every LE agency has some. Same with the military.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:33 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,836,203 times
If this guy wasn't a complete moron, he would have learned a thing or two about airspace and restrictions involving airspace. I'm not even a pilot and I know you can't fly over the White House or the Capitol. He's lucky he didn't get shot down. It might have been better for everyone if he did. It would prevent this idiot from breeding.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:13 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
He should be given a reward. Completely exposes the total ineptitude of the over paid government worker in DC.
I agree.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:15 PM

3 posts, read 2,460 times
No he shouldn't get jail time. It was clearly civil disobediance for a politcal reason. I assume that the supreme court would say that it was for a political statement and would protect our first amendment of free speech and the right to critisize the government. I also believe that by him giving the secret service fair warning of his intent and why was enough.

Last edited by No commercial vehicle; 04-16-2015 at 08:41 PM..

Old 04-16-2015, 08:15 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
I'm amazed at the number of people in this thread who seem to forget one very simple fact: The White House does not belong to the government, it belongs to the people of the United States. Our taxes pay for its upkeep, maintenance, utilities, and everything else. Calling for this man to be punished because he landed on what is actually - at least in part - his own property, shows how well the government has managed to convince the average citizen that they are the ruling elite. In reality, and what people tend to forget, is that the government works for us, not the other way around.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:16 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Free speech - he brought his message to his so-called representatives who are otherwise almost completely inaccessible. He didn't hurt anyone or damage anything. Lots of freedom haters on the forum today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Thank you. He's a hero in many people's eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by No commercial vehicle View Post
No he shouldn't get jail time. It was clearly a civil disobediance for a politcal reason. I assume that the supreme court would say that it was for a political statement and would protect our first amendment of free speech and the right to critisize the government. I also believe that by him giving the secret service fair warning of his intent and why was enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I'm amazed at the number of people in this thread who seem to forget one very simple fact: The White House does not belong to the government, it belongs to the people of the United States. Our taxes pay for its upkeep, maintenance, utilities, and everything else. Calling for this man to be punished because he landed on what is actually - at least in part - his own property, shows how well the government has managed to convince the average citizen that they are the ruling elite. In reality, and what people tend to forget, is that the government works for us, not the other way around.
With attitudes like these our country doesn't need outside enemies.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:35 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
I get he was acting as a patriot, but you can't allow people to "rush the gate or land on the White House lawn" even if you hate Obama or believe it's your soil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events