Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 05:56 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,749,574 times

Advertisements

First, despite the fact that it sounds like the towing company is a scam - they contract with business to tow illegally-parked vehicles, then stretch the term to tow almost any vehicle (ie, one tire is half an inch over the white line? Tow! Hint - that's not what the businesses want, that's the towing company looking for an excuse for a tow), this clerk is just a clerk. And even if she wasn't, it doesn't warrant what this reporter said. It wouldn't change the fact that this reporter revealed volumes about what can of person she is with these completely unacceptable verbal attack.

The word 'berate' does not describe what she did, for she is as verbally cruel as she can be. She wants to make the clerk suffer emotionally. She is trying to crush the clerk's self-esteem by personally denigrating everything about her. To use an over-used term that is perfectly appropriate here, she is being hateful. I cna only imagine what she was like in high school.

What she did is not merely 'wrong' - it is despicable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 05:57 AM

14,785 posts, read 23,988,140 times
yes last time I looked sitting in front of a camera and reading the news is not a skills set required for a degree . Tell me britt what kind of educational back ground do you have ? some 2nd rate jr college would be my guess . She is just a disgrace to the human race and nasty and in 25 yrs her looks will be gone and then what will she have ? NOTHING !!! she should use that brain for something besides being nasty to people .Oh Im sorry this is a very big deal where I come from there is no reason to be little someone or talk nasty to them .She obviously missed the lesson compassion , kindness and sincerity .I have met some very nice news people over the years and she is just not there and excuse me ESPN , but she is not an assest to your team and she does not meet your standards .Suspended for one week , what is that ? in other words ESPN thinks this behavior is okay and just a little boo boo apparently . Oh in high school , I would have decked her , I was a cheerleader and we did not talk to people like this our coach commanded respect out of us toward our fellow classmates and if we had said something like this he would have cut us from the squad .

Old 04-17-2015, 06:00 AM

50,309 posts, read 35,932,860 times
I agree she sounded bad on that tape...however I would reserve judgement to those among us who have never had an incident with an employee somewhere, sometime, that we were later ashamed of...it's certainly not me. I try to be polite always, but there have been occasions where something bad happens on top of an already bad day, and I don't present my best self. I was just lucky that there are not usually cameras nor TMZ interest in my behavior.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:09 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,011,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I agree she sounded bad on that tape...however I would reserve judgement to those among us who have never had an incident with an employee somewhere, sometime, that we were later ashamed of...it's certainly not me. I try to be polite always, but there have been occasions where something bad happens on top of an already bad day, and I don't present my best self. I was just lucky that there are not usually cameras nor TMZ interest in my behavior.
I think we can all say we have had a bad day but not all of us get so personal with insults when we are annoyed. There are others who can do her job at ESPN without the bad behavior.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:55 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,939,804 times
I heard this on the radio this morning! I say GOOD! What a b****! There is no reason to degrade someone in this matter! There tends to be misconception that lower wage workers, those who work blue collar jobs such as this tow truck driver, or the poor in this country are lower humans than those who are well to do, and that because of their financial status we can treat them however we please! Some of the most foul people I've met when it comes to personality traits are those who come from wealth, or born with a silver spoon in their mouth, and think that their s*** doesn't stink! This lady obviously needs a reality check, and perhaps her suspension will humble her a bit!

And this is not a bash the rich rant! This is a rant regarding this woman's dispecable character! My wife when she heard this used the "C" word, in which she almost never uses it!

Old 04-17-2015, 07:06 AM

29,452 posts, read 22,399,288 times
My apologies, there was already another thread

The Britt McHenry tape

Old 04-17-2015, 07:07 AM

2,239 posts, read 5,827,223 times
If this is how she acts when she KNOWS she's being filmed, imagine what she does off-camera. Somewhere, there are former female classmates cheering at the top of their lungs because I'm sure she was a bully back in high school/middle school. Sadly, public humiliation often backfires for people like this and just causes them to justify their own bad behavior.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:29 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,164,321 times
I have gotten upset/irritated with businesses that have provided poor customer service. I'm sure I would get even more upset if my car had been towed unjustifiably, which it sounds like may have been the case here.

That being said, I would never personally insult someone in regards to their their physical appearance and/or their low-paying job. I've been fortunate enough to be able to go to college & get a good job, but before that I was stuck in several low-paying jobs & was fortunately able to get out of those situations. So, in other words, I've been there & know what it's like.

This reporter sounds & looks like an entitled "Barbie" - and, as has been said, I'm sure they could find a plethora of other blonde young women to do the job she has. There are a ton of women out there that look, sound, and act exactly like her - she's not at all unique.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:19 AM

8,233 posts, read 8,566,710 times
So you people think you should lose YOUR job if berate a waitress or clerk? I don't condone the behavior but it shouldn't affect your employment.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:54 AM

45,318 posts, read 26,877,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben1234 View Post
I have heard all kinds of different reactions to this video from "she should be fired" to "it's no big deal". I can say that living in the Northeast, I hear this kind of people bashing almost every day and it is generally considered acceptable behavior. When I lived in other parts of the country, it was far less common and less accepted.
Good comments.

However, if you attain much, much is required. You can't act like everyone else.

I wonder if she is suspended with pay... then it's just a vacation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events