U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 03:04 AM

10,608 posts, read 13,449,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Impoverished America is circling the drain while middle America watched Faux Noise and upper crust America figures ever more ways to keep the rest of us ignorant and broke.
That's a complete cop out theory.

By "us" do you mean you would go do that violence on a teacher?

Exactly HOW are you being KEPT ignorant? That's WILLFUL ignorance.

Obama's been in office six years and instead of being a REALLY socially "transformative" uniting force in HIS OWN COMMUNITY (loosely stated), we're getting the heavy hand of government in the school FOOD PROGRAMS. We won't even go INTO the race baiting. And attacks on ANYONE who isn't his Progressive supporter.

Don't even talk about NYC. Where the mayor felt it was a REALLY REALLY important priority to withhold formula from new mothers in hospitals to force breastfeeding on them.

Oh yeah, one of the most PRESSING issues of the day.

While he SIMULTANEOUSLY is at war with the most high achieving charter school in the city who is SLAYING the test results highest in the state. ALL IMPOVERISHED children in the program.

Just answer one question. EXACTLY how much of my income will you be happy confiscating for redistribution for all your social programs that you seem to think BIG GOVERNMENT can solve?

Specifically. WHAT percent of confiscation will make you all happy?

Because it's been since the 1960s that the "impoverished" have had these big social programs, that broke up black families BTW, and this is what we have.

Why haven't the Democrats proposed an actual TAX and IRS revamp if they're so UPSET about the "upper crust". Of which they are a part...Because they are 99% CORRUPT down there in DC every last one of them except MAYBE 1%. A nice simple FAIR tax OMG that would just be out of the question.

And THAT'S what you get when you grow to a behemoth central planning government; people only interested in growing it more and more.

http://www.heritage.org/federalbudge...income-earners

Top 10 Percent of Earners Paid 68 Percent of Federal Income Taxes

Top earners were the main target of recent tax increases under President Obama, but the federal income tax system is already highly progressive. The top 10 percent of income earners paid 68 percent of all federal income taxes in 2011 (the latest year available), though they earned 45 percent of all income. The bottom 50 percent paid 3 percent of income taxes, but earned 12 percent of income.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...at-in-context/

Last edited by runswithscissors; 04-18-2015 at 03:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 03:42 AM

5,155 posts, read 3,633,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
Is it really always the parents fault? Sometimes these kids just do the wrong thing no matter how great the parent is. This adult was far from being great and now not even average.
The teacher should be pursing a lawsuit against the school for not protecting her and letting an angry adult inside knowing full well of the warnings this teacher gave. That parent will lose her job ** if she had one **. The teen will be suspended. What a life they have ahead for themselves.
It's not the school's fault. It's the irate parent's fault. She should be punished, not the school.

Old 04-18-2015, 03:47 AM

15,833 posts, read 9,790,357 times
I made this comment on another thread, and it is absolutely true. Have you ever noticed that blacks always fight someone with the help of other blacks ? It is some sort of jungle pack mentality, when they see one of them fighting they all have to get in a few licks. You get one black alone and they aren't so eager to take you on.

Don

Old 04-18-2015, 02:03 PM

23,605 posts, read 30,427,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
America circling the drain.
No! Just some elements of it.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:09 PM

41,505 posts, read 49,723,994 times
Just to surprise everyone this lefty liberal would not have done more to the teacher than say thank you and apologize to her for my daughter's behavior. What I would do to the daughter however is another matter. I would not hit her because I was hit as a child and all that accomplished was me almost killing my alcoholic step father. I decided the satisfaction was not worth the cost. He got lucky. The daughter would learn what it is like to live on bread and water in the TV and Telephone less isolation of her bedroom.

I completely agree that this adult's behavior was not very adult. I have no idea how to change what is apparently a culture of brutality.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:13 PM

59 posts, read 67,897 times
Bravo Runswithscissors! Couldn't agree more.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:22 PM

12,009 posts, read 6,627,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
It's not the school's fault. It's the irate parent's fault. She should be punished, not the school.
I don't understand the other poster's comments. How can it NOT be the parent's fault? The mother pushed past school security to attack the teacher and her offspring and niece took advantage of literally kicking the teacher while she was down. No worries, Holder will be along any minute to speak out against this tragedy.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:35 PM

16,685 posts, read 28,013,549 times
Quote:
I was hoping it was a fake story but it is true and it did not happen in a southern small town. It is very sad that society and parents aren't improving. They are becoming worse examples. What can I find positive out of this (no sarcasm) ?

Teacher allegedly ‘knocked out cold’ by a student’s mother | New York Post
The area where this occurred has more than its fair share of poverty, broken families, teenage pregnancy, baby mommas with multiple baby daddies, drugs, and (as evidenced in the article) residents who have no respect for education.

Old 04-18-2015, 03:29 PM

23,605 posts, read 30,427,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Impoverished America is circling the drain while middle America watched Faux Noise and upper crust America figures ever more ways to keep the rest of us ignorant and broke.
Speak for yourself. I'm educated and comfortably retired. Sorry about you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
The area where this occurred has more than its fair share of poverty, broken families, teenage pregnancy, baby mommas with multiple baby daddies, drugs, and (as evidenced in the article) residents who have no respect for education.
This goes well beyond no respect for education. This is a total lack of respect for law, rules, authority, other people, etc.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:13 PM

13,619 posts, read 16,177,962 times
Quote:
The teacher should be pursing a lawsuit against the school for not protecting her.
The teacher was hit with a purse?
I thought that the irrational mother punched the teacher.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or