Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 11:02 PM

897 posts, read 1,179,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Wait, did you just claim that Egyptians were "black people"?

Have you ever visited Egypt? I'm guessing no. Egyptians, 99% of them, look exactly the same as everyone else in the Middle East.

Egypt has nothing whatsoever to do with African Americans in the U.S. It's thousands of miles from where African-descended people in the Americas have their original origins. You might as well claim that African Americans are Swedes or Turks or Koreans or something.

Also, why do people sometimes using Egypt as this symbol of greatness? Egypt is one of the most screwed up places on earth. Many black African nations these days are much richer and more prosperous than Egypt. Someplace like Botswana is like Switzerland compared to Egypt.

You are telling me that Africans in the bush were wearing human hair weaves and using straighteners 500 years ago? I would like to see some evidence of this claim.
Ugh. I'm referring to ancient egyptians, whom wore wigs which is what we're talking about - Egyptians who wore wigs who were black. To say all African Americans do not have routes in Egypt is also extremely racist and ignorant. But typical American thinking, so I can't blame you for your ignorance.

C'mon dude, you must've known I was referring to ancient Egyptians. You MUST have.

Also, for the person spitting out science and their wonderful, biased links and pretending like that's all that matters - it's pretty common fact that Egyptians were black. Maybe not in the way YOU'D like to IMAGINE black people ALL look in AFRICA (which is ignorant and racist). To be black you MUST be pitch black, big nosed and big lipped? Lol. Suddenly Egyptians don't look "black" enough for you, so you throw a bunch of articles that are biased and will obviously support your "theories" because that's what you were googling when you pulled those articles?

Kudos, dude. You found articles supporting your side. Others can find articles supporting theirs.

Stop thinking black must be big booty, big and wide and fat noses, big lips, big eyes, black as night skin, etc. Ancient Egyptians were black - maybe not in the way CERTAIN regional people in Africa looked, but plenty of regions around Africa have members who look just like Egyptians look naturally and are "black". To your surprise, certain Africans can have blonde hair and green eyes!!!! I bet you didn't see that one coming, either, right? Does a natural African with a thin, straight nose and thin lips make you wonder how mixed they really are? Does it just make your toes tingle to see an African with long hair? Do you cringe upon seeing a light skinned African, and wonder how on earth that got mixed in there? Lol. God, the racism is sickening.

Why don't you pull up a picture of Aunt Jemima and keep reminding yourself that she is the spitting image of what "black" looks like. And while doing so, keep repeating "if a black doesn't look like Aunt Jemima, it's not a black person! Or apart of Africa!!!"

Last edited by Jjury15; 04-19-2015 at 11:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 11:18 PM

4,657 posts, read 4,116,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjury15 View Post
Ugh. I'm referring to ancient egyptians, whom wore wigs which is what we're talking about - Egyptians who wore wigs who were black. To say all African Americans do not have routes in Egypt is also extremely racist and ignorant. But typical American thinking, so I can't blame you for your ignorance.

C'mon dude, you must've known I was referring to ancient Egyptians. You MUST have.

Also, for the person spitting out science and their wonderful, biased links and pretending like that's all that matters - it's pretty common fact that Egyptians were black. Maybe not in the way YOU'D like to IMAGINE black people ALL look in AFRICA (which is ignorant and racist). To be black you MUST be pitch black, big nosed and big lipped? Lol. Suddenly Egyptians don't look "black" enough for you, so you throw a bunch of articles that are biased and will obviously support your "theories" because that's what you were googling when you pulled those articles?

Kudos, dude. You found articles supporting your side. Others can find articles supporting theirs.

Stop thinking black must be big booty, big and wide and fat noses, big lips, big eyes, black as night skin, etc. Ancient Egyptians were black - maybe not in the way CERTAIN regional people in Africa looked, but plenty of regions around Africa have members who look just like Egyptians look naturally and are "black". To your surprise, certain Africans can have blonde hair and green eyes!!!! I bet you didn't see that one coming, either, right? Does a natural African with a thin, straight nose and thin lips make you wonder how mixed they really are? Does it just make your toes tingle to see an African with long hair? Do you cringe upon seeing a light skinned African, and wonder how on earth that got mixed in there? Lol. God, the racism is sickening.

Why don't you pull up a picture of Aunt Jemima and keep reminding yourself that she is the spitting image of what "black" looks like. And while doing so, keep repeating "if a black doesn't look like Aunt Jemima, it's not a black person! Or apart of Africa!!!"

Excuse me, these are not "biased links." They are studies from the very best scientists to have studied the subject. There is no way around that. Read them, learn, understand. The ancient and modern Egyptians are the same people whether you like it or not.

There is no other side of the argument. You are factually wrong, I have shown it a dozen times now, and I am going to show all others following the thread until you understand. Arguing will just make it more apparent. The longer you argue for phony black Egypt fantasies, created only for self esteem purposes, the more people will read the studies of real scientists and know the truth.

If you can find articles supporting "your side," then post them so I debunk them. I already know the garbage that you are going to cull from Afrocentric websites, and I can refute it at will.

Last edited by cachibatches; 04-19-2015 at 11:33 PM..

Old 04-19-2015, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Excuse me, these are not "biased links." They are studies from the very best scientists to have studied the subject. There is no way around that. Read them, learn, understand. The ancient and modern Egyptians are the same people whether you like it or not.

There is no other side of the argument. You are factually wrong, I have shown it a dozen times now, and I am going to show all others following the thread until you understand. Arguing will just make it more apparent.
A dozen times? I could post a lot of biased links, myself, but I'd rather not as that's childish. But I want you to take one thing home with you: stating that Egypt is NOT apart of African-American (AFRICAN) culture is simply racist. You do not know that Egypt is not apart of an African's culture. Ok? Ok.

African Americans come in all different shapes, sizes, colors and cultures. Ok? Ok. That CAN include Egypt. Don't be so close-minded that suddenly Egypt is off limits because you suddenly think it's not apart of Africa. Ok? Ok. Thanks!

Actually, for those who want to see what the DNA profiling of those pharaoh's found: Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs related to Ugandans - DNA - Reviews & Profiles - monitor.co.ug

DNA Evidence On Egyptian Pharaohs: Ramses III A Sub-Saharan African Black | NewsRescue.com

https://medium.com/matter/tutankhamu...d-9fb62a68597b

... I just realized you pulled articles about NORTHERN Africa, which may or may not include Egypt. Ugh. How annoying, as that completely derails everything I was saying. I'm talking about Egypt. ONE specific culture, that very well could have had many "black" (whatever that broad term means to you) people within it. You're talking about North Africa on a whole, which is still African territory, which is still apart of African American culture, or African culture......

Last edited by Jjury15; 04-19-2015 at 11:39 PM..

Old 04-19-2015, 11:39 PM

Quote:
A dozen times? I could post a lot of biased links, myself, but I'd rather not as that's childish. But I want you to take one thing home with you: stating that Egypt is NOT apart of African-American (AFRICAN) culture is simply racist. You do not know that Egypt is not apart of an African's culture. Ok? Ok.

African Americans come in all different shapes, sizes, colors and cultures. Ok? Ok. That CAN include Egypt. Don't be so close-minded that suddenly Egypt is off limits because you suddenly think it's not apart of Africa. Ok? Ok. Thanks!

Actually, for those who want to see what the DNA profiling of those pharaoh's found: Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs related to Ugandans - DNA - Reviews & Profiles - monitor.co.ug

DNA Evidence On Egyptian Pharaohs: Ramses III A Sub-Saharan African Black | NewsRescue.com

https://medium.com/matter/tutankhamu...d-9fb62a68597b

No surprise. I even gave you a link that might prove me wrong! Hey, did you do that? NO? Because you're being biased? Shame on you.

And look, no Afrocentric sites!
You are posting the DNA Tribes nonsense, a study so fake it was falsified twice.

The data for this study was taken from JAMA studies that were ADMITTED TO BE FALSIFIED. Albert Zink could not get consistent results, and published a garbage study.

The DNA tribes organization compounded the error by running a comically low 8 STA markers. 32 are needed for a study of ANY scientific merit, and far more are preferred.

You are citing long debunked studies, as I knew you would.

A quote from the relevant article:

Zink has stated that the tests did not get the same results each time they were run and the results reported in the JAMA paper are those the team adjudged "most likely" based on "majority rule" (Curse of the Pharaoh's DNA AWT Conference Review, Marchant; 2011
same team (including Zink) that worked on the 2010 studyalso worked 2012 study "[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Revisiting the harem conspiracy and death ofRamesses III: anthropological, forensic, radiological, and genetic study

And, some letters that can be found online from DNA TRIBES regarding the their end fo the double falsification:

Thank you for your interest in therecent Digest Article. The 8 STR loci tested do not allow a fine leveladmixutre analysis to identify percentages of ancestry from world regions orcontinents. However, in this case, available results indicate the Amarnamummies have inherited several alleles that are most frequent in African populations, which suggests some Africanancestry (not necessarily excluding other ancestral components) for theseancient individuals.

Best regards

Lucas Martin

DNA Tribes

The presence of some African allelesamong the Amarna mummies does not necessarily exclude that ancient Egyptianpopulations were descended from multiple ancestral components (possiblyincluding regional contacts related to modern populations of Egypt).

These preliminary results onlysuggest that based on the 8 STR markers tested for the Amarna mummies, one ofthese ancestral components might have been indigenous to Africa

Best regards

Lucas Martin

DNA Tribes

Old 04-19-2015, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
You are posting the DNA Tribes nonsense, a study so fake it was falsified twice.

The data for this study was taken from JAMA studies that were ADMITTED TO BE FALSIFIED. Albert Zink could not get consistent results, and published a garbage study.

The DNA tribes organization compounded the error by running a comically low 8 STA markers. 32 are needed for a study of ANY scientific merit, and far more are preferred.

You are citing long debunked studies, as I knew you would.
All that aside, as I realized that you are talking about Northern Africa (your articles are about Northern Africa...), how is that not apart of African culture, and thus, if they are in America, African American culture? Are Africans not allowed to claim that as apart of their culture, now?

What is "BLACK" to you? Big nose, big lip, dark as night skin, dry brittle hair, big ol' shapeless eyes..? What? Why aren't they suddenly 'black' people? Not dark enough for your liking? I just don't get what your point was about Egypt. It's not black ENOUGH for you or something?

Now, if you mean a certain African region or state, use that region or state to make your point - not "blacks" as a whole, as that makes no sense. Not all Africans are the same. Not all "blacks" (whatever that means...) are the same. Don't be ignorant, please! I'm begging you.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:33 AM

Quote:
All that aside, as I realized that you are talking about Northern Africa (your articles are about Northern Africa...),
You are only showing the community that you did not bother to read them or even watch the youtube clips. Most are about Egypt specifically or contain withthin data specific to Egypt. So you didn't "realize" anything.

Quote:
how is that not apart of African culture,
A) that is not the question that we are discussing. You said that it is known that the Egyptians were black, and in fact, it is KNOWN that they are NOT.

B) If you are trying to make the argument, there is no greater "African" culture that links Egypt to West Africa. But first, since you are trying to change the subject and the bar, HAVE YOU READ THROUGH SOME OF THE STUDIES AND DO YOU NOW UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WERE WRONG?

If not, we can re-post them, post more, and keep drawing people's attention to the fact that this is settled science, and you are talking absolute nonsense.

Quote:
and thus, if they are in America, African American culture? Are Africans not allowed to claim that as apart of their culture, now?
African Americans have nothing what-so-ever to do with ancient Egypt. The Egyptians spoke a different language group from West Africans, they wrote in hieroglyphics whereas the ancestors of West Africans did not, they built monumental stone pyramids whereas West Africans did not. They had a system of philosophy that was unknown to West Africans. As far as is known and can be proven, no knowledge was transferred from Ancient Egypt to West Africa. It would be like Italians trying to claim Indian heritage because they are both "Eurasians." It is silly.

Quote:
What is "BLACK" to you? Big nose, big lip, dark as night skin, dry brittle hair, big ol' shapeless eyes..? What? Why aren't they suddenly 'black' people? Not dark enough for your liking? I just don't get what your point was about Egypt. It's not black ENOUGH for you or something?
Useless canard. When an Afrocentrist knows he has lost the argument he plays the "what is black?" card, and the "You are a racist card." It is silly. The Ancient Egyptians were almost the same people as they are today, accept that they are a drop more sub-Saharan now due to the slave trade. They are not considered "black" today, and would not have been in the past.

Quote:
Now, if you mean a certain African region or state, use that region or state to make your point - not "blacks" as a whole, as that makes no sense. Not all Africans are the same. Not all "blacks" (whatever that means...) are the same. ?
This is completely useless deflection. The Egyptians are not largely black and never were. I continue to post snippets of the best scientific studies on the subject (there are dozens and dozens more) so that the hundreds and thousands who will read through this thread will see just how ridiculous your posts are and make their own judgments in your confidence in a completely fallacious belief system.

Quote:
Don't be ignorant, please! I'm begging you.
A certain George Bernard Shaw quote about pigs is appropriate here. Rather than mud slinging, I will continue to use scientific facts to show who is saying the ignorant things. Give you a hint...its not me. I have already proven as much and will keep showing everyone reading though the thread as much.

POST 61 finished the argument.

Last edited by cachibatches; 04-20-2015 at 02:00 AM..

Old 04-20-2015, 02:33 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten_Moon View Post
Wait, wasn't she like 5 when the Hunger Games came out? She's gotten so big. wow.

Anyways, as a black woman, I have to agree with everything she said. It seems that only once white people adopt something from another culture that it becomes cool or appropriate. When Kendall Jenner wore cornrolls the fashion world called her "daring", while that biracial girl on Disney was called crackhead or something on the E channel. smh.
The thing is that the people who would call Kendall Jenner "daring" wouldn't be the same people who called another girl a "crackhead" for the same hairstyle... the people who called her "daring" would probably also say "you go, girl!" to a girl of black descent doing the same; the people who would call a black girl a "crackhead" for doing it would probably have much harsher words for a white girl doing it...

Old 04-20-2015, 04:37 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
The amount of ignorance on even fairly recent history (less than 100 years ago) is astounding. And sad.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:38 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion&business101 View Post
Have you ever watched any biopics about Motown and historical black musical figures such as James Brown, Little Richard, etc.?

Many record execs STOLE their music and gave it to their white counterparts who they deemed more "marketable" (and whose versions were often insipid comparatively) and they never got a dime or royalties, etc. from these companies! America often tells one-sided stories of history and many don't want to deal with the guilt of the atrocities inflicted amount many different people and cultures. There was tons of STEALING going on and back then blacks had a lot less rights and when it's their word against "the man's," whose do you think held up in court?

This isn't to say Elvis wasn't a great performer, etc. but many blacks were discredited and stolen from (and that also isn't to say there never was a white person who gone through the shadiness of record companies, but it pales in comparison).
Yup.

Many white parents didn't want their children listening to Elvis because he played supposedly black music.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:42 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,146,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion&business101 View Post
I named other artists that were not even a part of Motown...but of course you would gloss over that fact :-)

Fact still remains many artists were shortchanged and not given the proper credit for their origination and contributions. Nit-pick all you want, but this is a FACT.
You named James Brown, Little Richard, etc when quoting my post - that's it...etc is not an artist, but eludes to many more. And I havent 'glossed over anything'. I havent denied the contributions any race or culture has made to Rock and Roll, classic or otherwise. Its amazing to watch people latch on to my posts that have always stated collaboration and deny anyone other than black people made music, lol.

Blacks were not the only musicians in America and abroad that were treated badly by the music industry. They werent the only ones that never recieved royalties for works that have gone on to earn millions for the record industry. Thats a fact.

On the otherhand, at the time in question, all musicians were just happy to have the work. They knowingly signed over their rights to such a thing in exchange for their contracts. The industry eventually evolved into artists demanding royalties for their works as part of their contracts, leaving their predecessors feeling ripped off.

Music in America is a collaboration, and always has been. Im pretty sure musicians are not as 'racist' as the general public.

They consider themselves 'artists'. Any artist knows - be it painter or piano player - that immitation is the sincerest form of flattery (my first post related to the topic). Its not considered copying or stealing, unless you make a blatant 'exact' copy and sign your name to it. Sharing styles - be it Impressionism or Rhythm and Blues - has always and forever will be, the backbone of any form of art in the world.

The fact is there is only one race on our one world, and that race is known as 'human'. If one human has a new idea that seems good, any other human that admires it will attempt to reproduce it, adding their own culture and style to it - inevitably.

The very first musicians in America were the American Indians, long before any other 'race' ever offically joined them here. They made music with flutes, drums, rattle and their voices without ever having any outside influence to latch onto and run with. Who could they have copied but each other?

I would imagine Africans, Europeans and Asians also 'magicly' had flutes, drums, rattles and voices while on those continents at the same time in history. Trade routes had a way of spreading new ideas throughout history, and it was never a one way exchange.

I also mentioned the Cocaine Mummies in Egypt. How did these Pharoahs come to have cocaine in their systems, when Coca is only known to grow in South America? I dont think humans really know their history as a race.

I also dont think any ethnicity of human is dumb enough to refuse to use or adopt a good thing when they see it, regardless of their race.

I do, however, believe people (not any particular color) are just selfish and stupid overall.

On topic, the young lady makes the statement that, America likes black culture but not black people.

How stupid is that? Wouldnt it stand to reason that their would never be any mainstream black stars (including herself) if that were really true? Or, does she owe her own success and notariety to only black people watching the "Hunger Games" and liking her contribution to it?

Imo, that statement she read obviously plays into the haters mentality, as many posts on this thread reveal. Im not saying that was necessarily her intention, but its still very sad.

When will humans get smart? When will they join the human race?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events