U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 10:33 AM

902 posts, read 845,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
You are only showing the community that you did not bother to read them or even watch the youtube clips. Most are about Egypt specifically or contain withthin data specific to Egypt. So you didn't "realize" anything.

A) that is not the question that we are discussing. You said that it is known that the Egyptians were black, and in fact, it is KNOWN that they are NOT.

B) If you are trying to make the argument, there is no greater "African" culture that links Egypt to West Africa. But first, since you are trying to change the subject and the bar, HAVE YOU READ THROUGH SOME OF THE STUDIES AND DO YOU NOW UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WERE WRONG?

If not, we can re-post them, post more, and keep drawing people's attention to the fact that this is settled science, and you are talking absolute nonsense.

African Americans have nothing what-so-ever to do with ancient Egypt. The Egyptians spoke a different language group from West Africans, they wrote in hieroglyphics whereas the ancestors of West Africans did not, they built monumental stone pyramids whereas West Africans did not. They had a system of philosophy that was unknown to West Africans. As far as is known and can be proven, no knowledge was transferred from Ancient Egypt to West Africa. It would be like Italians trying to claim Indian heritage because they are both "Eurasians." It is silly.

Useless canard. When an Afrocentrist knows he has lost the argument he plays the "what is black?" card, and the "You are a racist card." It is silly. The Ancient Egyptians were almost the same people as they are today, accept that they are a drop more sub-Saharan now due to the slave trade. They are not considered "black" today, and would not have been in the past.

This is completely useless deflection. The Egyptians are not largely black and never were. I continue to post snippets of the best scientific studies on the subject (there are dozens and dozens more) so that the hundreds and thousands who will read through this thread will see just how ridiculous your posts are and make their own judgments in your confidence in a completely fallacious belief system.

A certain George Bernard Shaw quote about pigs is appropriate here. Rather than mud slinging, I will continue to use scientific facts to show who is saying the ignorant things. Give you a hint...its not me. I have already proven as much and will keep showing everyone reading though the thread as much.

POST 61 finished the argument.
Wow. For you to label every African American as not being Egyptian, or having the chance of being Egyptian (on reality shows I've seen AA's who say they're Egyptian AND BLACK!!!) is completely ignorant, racist and I am glad your sort of thinking is not prevalent in society and that you can get away with this trash because you're online. I'm also glad people recognize AA's are not just "black" or "tan" or whatever the h*ll you're labeling black people as. Ugh.

Stay in this little forum, please, and continue to spew your bigotry here - but keep it here. I'll rejoin the rest of society who recognizes that African Americans can be Egyptians, can be mixed, can be this and that, can look WHITE, and sometimes have the face of Charlize Theron (an African American).

Btw, I bet those Oceanic Natives blow you away with their 'blackness'. Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 10:59 AM

3,269 posts, read 3,273,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
'Hunger Games' Rue Calls Out Taylor Swift, More For Cultural Appropriation - MTV

She's right. America loves black culture but hates black people.
Best statement I have heard in a long time.

kudos

Old 04-20-2015, 12:52 PM

13,002 posts, read 5,403,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Best statement I have heard in a long time.

kudos
Stupidest statement you mean.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:20 PM

3,080 posts, read 2,219,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjury15 View Post
Wow.
Right off the bat, just stop this nonsense. Lets do some review about the things that you have already lied about and conceded:

A) You claimed the studies that I have posted were "biased" when in fact anyone can read through them and see that they are legitimate studies by scientist's who have studied the subject.

B) You claimed to be able to post studies as well, but only posted the DNA tribes KNOWN FALSIFICATION which foolishly, ridiculously claimed Egyptians to be related to Ugandans. I posted the evidence that it was falsified on not one, but two levels.

C) You claimed that the studies that I have posted are mostly about North Africans as opposed to Egyptians, showing that you haven't read them and don't understand them (conclusions are included in many).

D) You played the silly "what is black?" card, when it was explained to you as simply as possible. Let us do it again, for the benefit of all of those reading on: The ancient Egyptians are the same people as the moderns, except that the moderns are a bit darker due to the Arab slave trade. This has been documented by the Dakleh Oasis mummy studies. If they are not considered "black" now (and they aren't) then they never were.

E) You accused me of being ignorant...at the very least an irony since you obviously have no idea what you are talking about and won't read though the evidence put in front of you. You are showing all of those following the argument that want to believe that which you want to believe and will not learn...

...which more or less brings us full circle on the topic. It is not that many white, Hispanic and Asian Americans "don't like" blacks, it is that they are afraid due to the fantastic crime rates coming out of that community. But any time anyone suggests that African Americans do something to change, we here the usual denial and canards.

I find is shameful and hope that the good moderators of this site respect freedom of thought enough to allow me to say it.

Quote:
For you to label every African American as not being Egyptian,
A statistically negligible percentage of Americans are Egyptian, and most of those would not be considered "black." African Americans largely come form 13 or so countries in West and West Central Africa.

Quote:
or having the chance of being Egyptian
This doesn't even mean anything.

Quote:
(on reality shows I've seen AA's who say they're Egyptian AND BLACK!!!)
Wow yourself. Good proof this. I post the best studies in the world and you tell me what a guy on a reality show said.

Do you understand that with every post you make you dig yourself a deeper hole? Do you think that you are converting anyone here?

Yes, due to thousands of years of black infiltration, mostly though slave trades, there are black people in Egypt. It has nothing to do with the fact that the ancient Egyptians were largely not black.

Quote:
is completely ignorant,
You have shown who is ignorant by posting debunked studies and citing reality TV shows.

Quote:
racist
And there it is. It takes no knowledge, wisdom, or ability to cry racism, but I am supposed to go running and apologize now. Problem is, I won't. I am going to keep showing everyone just how dishonest you are. We can go on forever if you like, although pretty soon you are going to realize that you are showing everyone that I am right, and try to declare victory and state that I am not worth talking to. I have played this game before.

Quote:
and I am glad your sort of thinking is not prevalent in society and that you can get away with this trash because you're online.
What I have said is completely mainstream. You think it is "trash" because you have bought into a massive lie and the truth hurts your feelings.

Quote:
I'm also glad people recognize AA's are not just "black" or "tan" or whatever the h*ll you're labeling black people as. Ugh.
Anyone with a passing interest in history has seen thousands of depictions of the Egyptians and knows that they are not largely "black." When you talk about what "people" know you are talking about the Afrocentric echo-chamber that filled your mind with this nonsense. It is so much easier to declare that the Egyptians were black than face the realities of the African American community today, but it is unfortunately not true.

Quote:
Stay in this little forum, please, and continue to spew your bigotry here .
What you mean is that you wish that I would leave because I post scientific studies that show that you have no idea what you are talking about. This is false bravado.

Quote:
- but keep it here. .
I post where I find this trash all over the internet. I also like to debunk the black Olmec nosnese.

Quote:
I'll rejoin the rest of society who recognizes that African Americans can be Egyptians, can be mixed, can be this and that, can look WHITE, and sometimes have the face of Charlize Theron (an African American).
Now you are moving the bar. You started out proudly declaring that the ancient Egyptians were black...now you have subtly moved the conversation to modern Egyptians can be black. Did you think that I would not notice? Did you think that I would not point people to the fact that you are now OUTRIGHT ENGAGING IN DISHONESTY?

Quote:
Btw, I bet those Oceanic Natives blow you away with their 'blackness'. Lol.
Complete gibberish.

I URGE EVERYONE TO READ THOUGHT THE STUDIES ON POST 61, AND LEARN THE TRUTH.

Last edited by cachibatches; 04-20-2015 at 03:24 PM..

Old 04-20-2015, 05:39 PM

4,752 posts, read 2,181,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Huh?

Rock and roll music is derived primarily from blues, jazz, gospel and ragtime - all genres in African American music history. Those genres were HEAVILY influenced by the experiences black people had in this country. To try and separate the music from the history that influenced it is just ridiculous.
It is a bit ridiculous to suggest that a musical style has something to do with the colour of skin.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:32 PM

27,993 posts, read 19,660,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
It is a bit ridiculous to suggest that a musical style has something to do with the colour of skin.
No its not. Especially if one has even an elementary understanding of American history.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:
No its not. Especially if one has even an elementary understanding of American history.
If the music came from Europe/New Orleans influences, it did not come from Africa. Skin colour has nothing to do with musical ability. Although racists may believe that skin colour results in different brain functions, I don't.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:03 AM

27,993 posts, read 19,660,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
If the music came from Europe/New Orleans influences, it did not come from Africa. Skin colour has nothing to do with musical ability. Although racists may believe that skin colour results in different brain functions, I don't.
We are talking about African-Americans.

I never said skin color had to do with musical ability. I do not believe skin color results in different brain functions nor did I ever say that.

What I did say, and what is factually true, is that musical genres are borne out of the experiences of the musicians' lives. Arguing that art like music, literature, artwork, etc is separate from the experience of the artist is just mindblowing IMO. You can not separate the two. Without the experience and thoughts and feelings of the artist there is no art, no music, no literature.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:32 AM

Quote:
We are talking about African-Americans.

I never said skin color had to do with musical ability. I do not believe skin color results in different brain functions nor did I ever say that.

What I did say, and what is factually true, is that musical genres are borne out of the experiences of the musicians' lives. Arguing that art like music, literature, artwork, etc is separate from the experience of the artist is just mindblowing IMO. You can not separate the two. Without the experience and thoughts and feelings of the artist there is no art, no music, no literature.
Obviously, I don't get what Miss Rue is saying. What I understood is that people from the US with black skin create unique stuff, such as shaking their butts like dogs in heat, then people from the US with a different skin colour, such as brown, imitate that behaviour, and that's a problem because the people in the US with a skin colour other than black didn't preserve African culture as it was several hundred years ago.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:25 AM

653 posts, read 312,018 times
Jesus tap dancing christ, different people and cultures have been in coexistence for thousands of years.

Every group takes things that may have originated from another group. It's called coexisting.

Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or