Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 09:36 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,429,886 times

Advertisements

FORT COLLINS, Colo. (CBS4) – Shards of glass littered the ground in front of a Fort Collins apartment complex after police say a teenager launched himself through a plate glass window three stories up.

A neighbor found the teen on the ground. Francis Labarbera lives right next door and heard a window shatter, then rushed outside to see what had happened.

Julieane Jablonski Charged in Colorado After Son Austin Essig Ate Pot Brownie, Jumped Out Window
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 10:07 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,169,682 times
Irresponsible mother, for sure.

He's lucky to be alive.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:13 PM

11,936 posts, read 8,263,141 times
Impossible.

Our forum resident pot users insist that it is a safe substance. In fact, some state they can use every day with absolutely no negative consequences.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:20 PM

10,000 posts, read 8,521,865 times
I used to jump for joy when my mom made brownies but never a jump like that.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:20 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,710,076 times
It is very hard to believe that pot caused someone to jump through a window. What else was the kid high on?

Old 04-24-2015, 11:07 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,720,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Our forum resident pot users insist that it is a safe substance. In fact, some state they can use every day with absolutely no negative consequences.
Ya It IS safe I believe but dont BLINDLY PUT IT ON SOMEONE!!

Poor son

Old 04-25-2015, 04:08 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,066,307 times
Based solely upon the article... this is a case where a person at risk was given a drug... a THC laden brownie... that he had a severe reaction to.
The mother was appropriately charged... but she is innocent until proven guilty.If she mounts a proper defense she will have to prove a number of things.. at current juncture I dont believe she can

I will follow this case with interest.

Self medicating (if that is what occurred) anyone with substances of unknown strength... unknown quality... unknown content..is dangerous at best... criminal and deadly at worst. Sounds like this case was towards the worst. I would also like to know if any doctor prescribed mj as an effective treatment for this child's condition. From the minimal research I have read on marijuana and autism there are self reported stories out there about how it helps severely autistic children and that for those who have exhausted every possible avenue MM is but one more drug. I am convoluted about this but open to legitimate medical studies to prove or disprove its efficacy

I would like the pot proponents to comment... I hope reasonable ones will vehemently object... for all the right reasons. We will see more and more of this type of extreme behavior... both in effect and in stupidity... thinking any intoxicant is safe.

Was the mom aware of other recent pot related death or injury cases in her region?

College student Levi Thamba Pongi died in March 2014 when he leapt from a Denver hotel window after consuming a significant amount of pot-laced cookies. A medical report mentioned “marijuana intoxication” as a contributing factor in his death.

Luke Gregory Goodman, 22, committed suicide in a Colorado ski resort town by shooting himself after reportedly eating a large quantity of pot candies.

Kristine Kirk, 44, who was allegedly shot and killed by Richard Kirk. She had called 911 to report that her husband was experiencing hallucinations after taking marijuana candy with prescription medicine. Prosecutors have charged him with first degree murder.

"Since the … legalization of recreational marijuana sales, Children's Colorado has treated nine children, six of whom became critically ill from edible marijuana," the statement from Colorado Children's Hospital said.

Any alteration of brain chemistry is potentially dangerous.... whether its legal or illegal drugs...

If I sat on the jury in this case I would want to know;

1) Was a doctor involved.. what other drugs ,if any, was he on
2) What research did the mother do.. could she have reasonably expected such an outcome
3) What was her specific intent.. to control his autism.. or get him high as a manner to chemically babysit
4) Did she have script and was she a user... and did she administer to him while high herself
5) What was the dosage in his blood
6) Where did the MJ come from and what did she know about its content...if anything
7) Will a legitimate doctor testify on her behalf
8) More specifically as to the charge.. what did she do to get others to change their testimony or statements.. here there is conscious intent... and that is what she will face prison for.. but pot will also be on trial if it is mounted as a defense
9) Recreational Mj in Colorado requires the person to be 21.. he was 19
10) Did the son knowingly and voluntarily submit himself to being medicated or did the mom stone him.. and if he did know..did he have the mental capacity to understand the consequences

If there is a doctor involved a secondary question is whether he should be investigated as well

I dont think mj is devil weed,, I think humans who ABUSE it are "devils" and lost souls. Adding another intoxicant into our world wholesale is idiotic in my opinion... its not the drug its the behavior.. and I look at any 420 rally and think... is this the best our country can muster... no way...

For those of you that want to educate yourself as to Colorado's experiment

Read here>
http://www.rmhidta.org/html/August%2...e%20Impact.pdf

And to MJ being the panacea of pot and goodness... not so quick

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...uana/10386699/

Last edited by notmeofficer; 04-25-2015 at 05:07 AM..

Old 04-25-2015, 04:32 AM

23,494 posts, read 13,733,755 times
So what's the legal age for grass?

The article says she was charged for giving it to someone underage but also says he is 19.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:27 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,788,848 times
In Colorado legal age for pot is 21. Mother is stupid.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:02 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,066,307 times
Where are all the pot proponents?
Still sleeping ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events