U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2015, 08:22 AM

4,103 posts, read 4,008,927 times

Advertisements

Im slightly confused by this situation on many grounds, including the fact that the protesters refused to explain exactly what it was that they were protesting. Secondly this is a public university, so she cant possibly be trespassing. At my local Uni in Florida we have this pastor who is NOT a student or alumni who always comes on campus shouting how were all going to hell. The University has stated many times that the campus is public property so hes allowed to do so. Moreover it may be legal for them to walk on the flag, but the issue is its completely distasteful. Its also perfectly legal for me to shout "Get in the kitchen!!" to a bunch of women but that would ALSO be completely distasteful. Something being legal, and being appropriate are two different things. It really bothers me how trendy a lot of liberals think it is to support things like this. Regardless of your views on America/the government a lot of people have died willingly or via drafts to support that flag and what it stands for.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 08:31 AM

950 posts, read 669,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Where do these college students get such hatred towards our country? Are they being taught such hatred by public school teachers and college professors who also hate the country and only share the worst parts of our country's history and putting our country only in a negative light? Did they learn such hatred from their parents? There is no one "perfect" country. Every country has good and bad things. Celebrate what is good about your country. Protest what is wrong with the country, not the country itself. These college students are hypocrites. They protest USA as they are students at an American university with their education subsidized by our country's taxpayers to provide them the opportunity to get a college education. You reject the country, reject all government's assistance.
yes........is the answer to your first 3 questions.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:38 AM

4,103 posts, read 4,008,927 times
Quote:
Where do these college students get such hatred towards our country? Are they being taught such hatred by public school teachers and college professors who also hate the country and only share the worst parts of our country's history and putting our country only in a negative light? Did they learn such hatred from their parents? There is no one "perfect" country. Every country has good and bad things. Celebrate what is good about your country. Protest what is wrong with the country, not the country itself. These college students are hypocrites. They protest USA as they are students at an American university with their education subsidized by our country's taxpayers to provide them the opportunity to get a college education. You reject the country, reject all government's assistance.
One of the issues is teachers that open up the students mind to the fact that this Country has problems, but stop there. They dont explain well enough that these students can DO something about the problems by taking an active role in society and educating themselves. Ive encountered a lot of these "America sucks" students and all you have to do is ask them "Well how would YOU fix x issue?" Their eyes glaze over because they haven't memorized a talking point for that.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:06 PM

9,371 posts, read 17,488,660 times
One glance at the scumbags walking on the flag and I can predict their future twenty years from now..."would you like fries with that?"

Old 04-21-2015, 08:22 PM

8,853 posts, read 7,333,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think it's you that's a hypocrite..."I love my country, I just hate everything it's founded on and stands for"?
Yes, in order to celebrate our love for America, we should throw out everything it's based on and replace the Constitution with restrictive laws that force you to give up all alliance with the government if you speak out against it.You know, that war we fought with the British, that gave us the right to protest without penalty....who needs it, right? That was so long ago, thse antiquated ideas of free speech are not even relevant anymore.
Now where did I call for restrictive laws? I'm pointing out the students are hypocrites. They hate USA but benefit from what our country has to offer them. If you hate USA then choose not to accept government assistance. If you hate USA then find another country you like better. If there are things about this country you don't like then protest and work to change that. There are things I don't like about our nation's government but I don't hate the country.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:47 PM

19,272 posts, read 20,151,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
And the fact they can do that is what makes our country great, and unique from all others.
It doesn't make our country great. It makes our country tolerant of fools. Not the same thing.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:13 AM

2,868 posts, read 2,842,536 times
Yep. Kids of every generation have been doing it since the 60s and 70s. Especially on college campuses. Funny, I thought they were there to get an e-d-u-c-a-t-i-o-n, NOT start a r-e-v-o-l-u-t-i-o-n. Since the "Counter-Culture Revolution", America's "October Revolution". Bite the hand that feeds you. "I hate this $%#@& country EXCEPT that it funds my college tuition". I salute her, former Playboy poser or not. If you really have that much of a problem with this country there are plenty of other countries to take your degree. In fact I wish you would. My problem with our country is that it's values have been turned upside down by the likes of these college wackos and their ilk all across the country.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:39 AM

28,411 posts, read 14,121,326 times
Just did a Google image search. Wowza!

-------------

But back to the topic at hand. She should have just pointed at them and laughed while saying, "Ahhhh, isn't it cute how the little 1%'ers are acting like they are socially aware. What's wrong, daddy didn't get you the iPad with the most memory?"

Old 04-22-2015, 07:41 AM

1,913 posts, read 1,807,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Just did a Google image search. Wowza!

Looks like a freakin' American hero to me. Makes me doubly proud to me an Air Force veteran.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:53 AM

2,178 posts, read 1,720,926 times
Quote:
Now where did I call for restrictive laws? I'm pointing out the students are hypocrites. They hate USA but benefit from what our country has to offer them. If you hate USA then choose not to accept government assistance. If you hate USA then find another country you like better. If there are things about this country you don't like then protest and work to change that. There are things I don't like about our nation's government but I don't hate the country.
They should do all of that because YOU tell them to? Hahahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events