U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 06:30 AM

5,414 posts, read 4,037,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexdiamondz1902 View Post
Sir, Jim Crow ended in my father's lifetime. Amadou Diallo, Abner Louima and Sean Bell were all unarmed black men killed in my city in my lifetime. Stop and Frisk (which 94% of the targets were unarmed and not commiting any crimes) was something I've had to live with as an adult as recently as one year ago.

You want us to drop the grudge? Maybe if y'all quit it with the racism we could get over it.

So this goes back to my point. No one that I know was involved with anything you posted above, yet we will get lumped into the group of racists simply because we are white. See how that just doesn't make sense? "I" didn't do anything wrong and neither did anyone I know. So how can you justify branding an entire group of people as racist? Furthermore, it doesn't matter if we "quit it with the racism". That's not the agenda anyhow. Many people actively look for any reason to scream racism just to keep it going. If you want people to quit with the racism, quit looking for it and it will go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 09:09 AM

4,536 posts, read 5,441,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
So this goes back to my point. No one that I know was involved with anything you posted above, yet we will get lumped into the group of racists simply because we are white. See how that just doesn't make sense? "I" didn't do anything wrong and neither did anyone I know. So how can you justify branding an entire group of people as racist? Furthermore, it doesn't matter if we "quit it with the racism". That's not the agenda anyhow. Many people actively look for any reason to scream racism just to keep it going. If you want people to quit with the racism, quit looking for it and it will go away.

Anything to milk the taxpayers! I do not allow others to put that monkey on my back and neither should any other white citizen. We are all responsible for our own behavior so if you chose not to contribute to society it should be no surprise that whining racism only gets you burned out cities and prison time.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:50 AM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 8 hours ago)

47,572 posts, read 45,256,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post

Anything to milk the taxpayers! I do not allow others to put that monkey on my back and neither should any other white citizen. We are all responsible for our own behavior so if you chose not to contribute to society it should be no surprise that whining racism only gets you burned out cities and prison time.
So you only believe white citizens have problems? Last time I checked, it isn't only Whites who pay taxes. I'm a Black man and I'm paying taxes.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:55 AM

No... we ALL have our own issues to deal with and our own "cross" to bear. The issue is with people who try to make their own or sit in wait for the next bandwagon to jump on and the next chance to start a riot or escalate an already sensitive situation into something bigger for the sake of doing it. Look at Ferguson, and Baltimore, and any other areas where this is happening.

Five years ago this wasn't escalated to the point that it is now. Instead of people thinking for themselves and weighing the consequences of their actions they are jumping on the bandwagon as soon as the media spins something up. The media is dividing us as a people faster than anyone else was ever able to. And the sad thing is, many folks are allowing it to happen without one effort to think for themselves or think of the long term consequences for jumping the gun.

What that tells me, is that there was already some deep seated racism lingering in people who were just waiting for a chance to let it out. Goes back to my earlier point of someone saying whites needed to "quit it with the racism" and it would go away. It should be obvious by now that there are more than just some whites who have issues with racism. It's a larger portion of the population in every color. We are all sitting in a pressure cooker that is waiting to explode. Unless people begin to use some rational judgment before doing these things it's only going to get worse.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:23 AM

4,536 posts, read 5,441,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
No... we ALL have our own issues to deal with and our own "cross" to bear. The issue is with people who try to make their own or sit in wait for the next bandwagon to jump on and the next chance to start a riot or escalate an already sensitive situation into something bigger for the sake of doing it. Look at Ferguson, and Baltimore, and any other areas where this is happening.

Five years ago this wasn't escalated to the point that it is now. Instead of people thinking for themselves and weighing the consequences of their actions they are jumping on the bandwagon as soon as the media spins something up. The media is dividing us as a people faster than anyone else was ever able to. And the sad thing is, many folks are allowing it to happen without one effort to think for themselves or think of the long term consequences for jumping the gun.

What that tells me, is that there was already some deep seated racism lingering in people who were just waiting for a chance to let it out. Goes back to my earlier point of someone saying whites needed to "quit it with the racism" and it would go away. It should be obvious by now that there are more than just some whites who have issues with racism. It's a larger portion of the population in every color. We are all sitting in a pressure cooker that is waiting to explode. Unless people begin to use some rational judgment before doing these things it's only going to get worse.

Since some don't use rational judgment we need peace officers to do their job. At this time, they need our support for doing a job most of us wouldn't want. There are other countries where people can live if they can't live peacefully in the United States. We need to spend our time and tax dollars making a difference in society and let the thugs leave.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:28 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,851,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Correction

"Black Thuggish and Unproductive Men shout "We're going to kill all white people"
You must have forgotten. One black person acting like a thug means they're all thugs. You know, black Americans all share one hive mind. Such a monolithic people.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:35 AM

615 posts, read 361,642 times
Seriously. I really do think people here think that way. Sad. That black people can control what other black people do. They are old enough to know better.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
You must have forgotten. One black person acting like a thug means they're all thugs. You know, black Americans all share one hive mind. Such a monolithic people.

Similar to how one white racist means all whites are racist, right?

Surely no one thinks that people can think for themselves!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events