Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 04:25 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,679,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Hating Obama for his Morals and ethics is no different than the ones who hated Bush for his.

People like you are the ones who blame it on Color and can't see the real reasons.

No no, Bush was disliked for the Iraq War and the WMD fiasco, the election in 2000 among those who thought Al Gore was the rightful winner, among other reasons. Sure he was sometimes derided for being stupid, but overall he was not hated for himself.

Obama has always been accused of being an immigrant, Muslim, terrorist, heck even some have speculated whether Michelle Obama was once a MAN!

Like I made clear in my comment disagreeing with him on policy is normal, and that is all fine. I don't agree with all his policies, but the fact remains that many people have derided him, mocked him and openly insulted him out of hatred. Totally different than people who are opposed to his policies.

No other administration has faced such hatred, you know very well what I am saying, whether you admit it or not.

And Obama being a black man is a great factor in the hatred that he has been shown since 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 07:49 PM

692 posts, read 957,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post

And here we have the ignorance. "Us lot" didnt enslave "you lot." That was 120 years ago. You were never a slave. I was never a master. Yet people still walk around acting like todays white teenager is "the man" thats keeping the black teenager in chains. Keep the grudges alive and our kids and theirs will keep inheriting this mess....
Sir, Jim Crow ended in my father's lifetime. Amadou Diallo, Abner Louima and Sean Bell were all unarmed black men killed in my city in my lifetime. Stop and Frisk (which 94% of the targets were unarmed and not commiting any crimes) was something I've had to live with as an adult as recently as one year ago.

You want us to drop the grudge? Maybe if y'all quit it with the racism we could get over it.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
You can find people saying all kinds of stuff ;if you look hard enough. Nuts;thugs and just malcontents do it constantly. No real news.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:10 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times
Just goes to show you - equal opportunity in action - Black people can be a**holes too.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:48 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Some Black guy tried to start a Black Revolution yesterday and got himself shot dead for it.

St. Louis police shoot Thaddeus McCarroll to death 'after he charged at them with knife and bible' - 'mission' 'Black Revolution'
Another lie by the police sold to the public by the media.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:50 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenThomas View Post
Black Men Shout
Race relations in America are the worst in decades, with rabble rousers like Al Sharpton, and even Barack Obama and Eric Holder looking to take any incident, no matter how small, and conflate it into “proof”‘ of White racism. And the media breathlessly reports these incidents in that light, convincing the nation — and even the world — for months, that Michael Brown was killed in Ferguson because of racism, and not his own thuggish actions — until the evidence proved otherwise.
Well, i knew about these "organizations" but i still can't understand why government didn't call them "racist or extremist?" Maybe you can tell me why white man who say N-word is racist and bigot and black man who say ****you or "I will kill you" to every pedestrian is good?
Correction

"Black Thuggish and Unproductive Men shout "We're going to kill all white people"

Old 04-23-2015, 10:07 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Correction

"Black Thuggish and Unproductive Men shout "We're going to kill all white people"
The sad thing is, there is an unwillingness to make the distinction between decent Black people who are productive, and the thugs who keep causing problems for themselves and those around them.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:10 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The sad thing is, there is an unwillingness to make the distinction between decent Black people who are productive, and the thugs who keep causing problems for themselves and those around them.
Not sure why because it's not like all races never seen a normal productive black men.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:20 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
Please tell us how you suggest people get over these feelings.... I hear people use this excuse to no end to try and justify ill behavior but never once explaining how we can solve the "problem". It's obvious by actions that it isn't going to go away on its own. So again I ask... how do you suggest we get this to go away? It sounds like an excuse to allow people to act in appalling fashion, and the rest of us being told just to deal with it. They're just acting out because their families were oppressed 50-60 years ago, long before they were born.

So what are we all to do as a society? Is it money? Is it power? Do you suggest that whites become enslaved as "payback" for something that our generation did not do?

This is a serious question so put some thought into it. How do we move forward if everyone wants to hold on to what happened in generations before their time? Inevitably we are doomed to continue this cycle until common sense regains control (which is likely to never happen).
I doubt you'll get an answer to this question.

Most of the people who complain don't want a solution.

For them, the "problem" IS the solution.

It works both as an excuse and as a way of getting concessions (including corporate money) from other people.

Just ask Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

This is unfortunate, because there are other things they could do to better their situation.

For example, demand that racial preferences ("affirmative action") be limited to blacks whose ancestors were slaves in this country and to Native Americans whose ancestors lived north of our present border with Mexico. That way, blacks would not have to compete for preferences with Latinos and recent immigrants.

Another example: demand that immigration be sharply limited until there is full employment of black Americans, and demand that laws against illegal immigration be enforced and illegals deported with no amnesty whatsoever. That way, blacks would not have to compete for jobs and business opportunities with immigrants (legal and illegal) and wages for blacks would go up as the supply of available labor went down.

They could also demand vouchers for private schools to replace the failed inner city public schools and give choices to parents and students. And let's see -- many of them are doing just that. But the Democrats they vote into office (e.g., New York Mayor Bill DeBlasio) won't help them in this regard.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:30 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexdiamondz1902 View Post
Sir, Jim Crow ended in my father's lifetime. Amadou Diallo, Abner Louima and Sean Bell were all unarmed black men killed in my city in my lifetime. Stop and Frisk (which 94% of the targets were unarmed and not commiting any crimes) was something I've had to live with as an adult as recently as one year ago.

You want us to drop the grudge? Maybe if y'all quit it with the racism we could get over it.

So this goes back to my point. No one that I know was involved with anything you posted above, yet we will get lumped into the group of racists simply because we are white. See how that just doesn't make sense? "I" didn't do anything wrong and neither did anyone I know. So how can you justify branding an entire group of people as racist? Furthermore, it doesn't matter if we "quit it with the racism". That's not the agenda anyhow. Many people actively look for any reason to scream racism just to keep it going. If you want people to quit with the racism, quit looking for it and it will go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events