Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 06:38 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
One of Obama's sons(if he had one)?
Where is your creativity?

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 06:57 PM

510 posts, read 716,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
One of Obama's sons(if he had one)?
That is about the dumbest thing ever said. As if it is all about race.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:03 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,768,350 times
This is very sad.

From the article:
Quote:
Hitting back at critics, the boy tweeted on Friday: 'Wish some people would mind dey own business' as 'it's stressing my mama out'.
He adds that his sister has 'been locked up for two years'

Read more: Memphis pre-teen's Twitter pictures with guns, drugs and cash spark outrage | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
I hardly think the Twitter backlash is stressing his mother out. It's very likely his behavior and whatever it is that his sister did that landed her in prison.

Sad, sad, sad.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:31 PM

16,582 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwtm View Post
Do you mean Obama or me?
I ask in case you don't know(unlikely), because our good old post racial president injects himself into every local racial issue involving blacks supposedly done wrong at the hands of whites. So when he made the comment I used in my post, it was but another example of where he injected race into the situation.

So don't be surprised when people mock him anytime a young black kid either gets into trouble, or looks headed for it. Sadly this kids pictures look a lot like the ones Trayvon was taking of himself trying to look like a thug.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:24 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,022,934 times
I'm not very happy about some of the racial things that are going on in our country right now, but when it comes to a CHILD like this, I don't want to talk politics. Some want to use him as proof of their agenda or something. I see him as a young man who is still VERY young and can still make changes in his life. I sincerely hope he does.

I can get pretty excitable when I'm talking politics too, but let's remember that the people who we are talking about are real human beings. This boy is young enough that he could really, truly be just about anything that he wants to be.

I would love for him to prove the world wrong and bring himself back from all of this.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:56 PM

520 posts, read 775,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwtm View Post
Yes, this is one of the dumbest things ever said by a sitting president.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:14 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times
I was impressed and encouraged by the picture of him holding the gun near his head while having his finger on the trigger.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:45 PM

897 posts, read 1,180,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
How is this different from a bunch of suburban kids playing cowboys and Indians with cap guns?
You know the difference, and unfortunately in America, this thinking is ever prevalent.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:54 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
How is this different from a bunch of suburban kids playing cowboys and Indians with cap guns?

Old 04-20-2015, 12:02 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
When we lived in a predominantly black apartment complex for 3 years, as a requirement of our employment, I saw lots of cases where young black kids were doing things kids should never be doing. One day a couple of very young kids (about 4 or 5 years old) walked by me and they were using the F word and N word as if it was them saying hello.

This is the next generation that we are all going to have to live with, and it ain't gonna be pretty !

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events