U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 12:59 AM

6,317 posts, read 4,448,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
What is so awesome about making an already upset kid even more upset. How is that making it better for anyone.
She's driving the point home that he ain't getting any Gummy Bears no matter how much he screams! She's making it better for everyone because he's that much closer to learning that you don't get things JUST BECAUSE YOU SCREEEEEAM!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 02:21 AM

17,602 posts, read 21,790,175 times
I think it's great. Small screaming children can ruin many things. Dinner is one of them.

Old 04-21-2015, 04:32 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,144,610 times
In my younger years there was nothing worse than a screaming child in a restaurant. McDonalds is one thing but if you go to a decent sit down restaurant to eat the last thing you want to hear is that. I vowed that if I ever had children I would refuse to go out to eat if that's the way they acted because I know no one else wants to hear it either. Once I had kids, though they are great at restaurants now, when they were younger we had a couple of melt downs and I simply asked the waitress for a doggie bag and we were on our way. They quickly learned that if they acted up we would leave.

Its unfortunate that a restaurant has to go to the extreme to ban screaming children when its really the parents at fault. Now the restaurant looks like they hate children but if the parents took responsibility in the first place this would have never been the case. Bottom line is be a responsible parent.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:15 AM

2,827 posts, read 1,756,815 times
Screw those parents. A restaurant should have the right to screen customers.

If you can ask a violent drunk to leave, since they scare customers, you should be within your rights to declare that the average customer does not want a dining experience with a kid that can't learn to be quiet. If it costs you customers that want quiet dining, then yes, hire a sitter and leave the kid at home. Or you won't be invited in with that brat.

I went to a restaurant where the server who was waiting on me was putting up with crap from a kid's birthday party, including being asked to find a candle (Seriously? That's not her duty). I left about a 30% to 50% tip I think. I wanted to leave more, but I hadn't the funds.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:22 AM

10,090 posts, read 6,506,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
oh, I'm on to YOU...this is just what one of those screaming babies would say
Lol made me laugh. I even repped it. My "babies" are 8 amd 9 and have excellent restaurant manners. Have they at times annoyed people? Perhaps but I don't give a flying **** because I was too busy shaping them into the lovely children they are today

Old 04-21-2015, 06:26 AM

2,827 posts, read 1,756,815 times
Quote:
i wish super market would ban them too, at least for a couple hours during the week, it could be Wednesday 9-11 pm adult night only.
Supermarkets have a wide surface area, and people are allowed to wander away. Restaurants you are basically their captive while eating, so if your kid is a holy terror, it makes a difference.

I worked in a supermarket, and it was incredibly easy to tune out bratty kids, even if you were doing customer service.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:33 AM

2,254 posts, read 1,276,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
She's driving the point home that he ain't getting any Gummy Bears no matter how much he screams! She's making it better for everyone because he's that much closer to learning that you don't get things JUST BECAUSE YOU SCREEEEEAM!!!!!!
Yes, if the woman didn't have a choice but to be there and with her child, the people around have no choice but to listen to the mother disciplining her child. However, if you think things through, like have a plan B, it is better to just take the child out of the store and not bring him back until he is ready to accept "no." As of right now, the child is allowed to scream when mom says "no."

Old 04-21-2015, 06:35 AM

14,530 posts, read 11,516,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i wish super market would ban them too, at least for a couple hours during the week, it could be Wednesday 9-11 pm adult night only.
hahahaha.. know what you mean... but I really think kids hate the lighting in these supermarkets.. and makes them act up.. hate them myself... the lights that is..but if I had a child who was screaming Id run for the door...

Old 04-21-2015, 06:38 AM

12,161 posts, read 8,120,902 times
If I am taking my wife out to a really nice place the last thing either one of us wants to hear is someone's child screaming like their are possessed, because the parents are too lazy to do anything about it.

More power to places who do this!

Old 04-21-2015, 06:52 AM

8,088 posts, read 7,326,522 times
I admit I rarely do see the screaming child referenced here. I mean anywhere-grocery, restaurant, park, movie theater, mall,etc. In fact, I cannot recall the last occasion I heard one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events