U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 02:36 PM

739 posts, read 1,558,074 times

Advertisements

Perhaps a sign at the entrance saying something like 'For the dining enjoyment of all our guests, anyone displaying inappropriate behavior accompanied by loud noise will be asked to leave the premises. This includes both adults and children (with a doggie bag, if required). Your understanding of this policy is appreciated.' Add a smiley face or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 03:02 PM

6,981 posts, read 4,193,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNooYawk View Post
Perhaps a sign at the entrance saying something like 'For the dining enjoyment of all our guests, anyone displaying inappropriate behavior accompanied by loud noise will be asked to leave the premises. This includes both adults and children (with a doggie bag, if required). Your understanding of this policy is appreciated.' Add a smiley face or something.
Yes, because people always listen.

You shouldn't have any problems!

Old 04-22-2015, 03:26 PM

2,839 posts, read 1,585,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoriemorley View Post
I wish not just in restaurants but in cinemas too! It's really annoying that you will go to the theater, pay the right amount and then suddenly there is a child screaming, crying and making other noises. You can't focus on the movie but instead to the annoying child. I remember watching Cinderella last month, it was my first time to watch movie after several months. At my back I think that boy is around 3 years old, he keep on screaming "Mommy!" then rocking the seats which was my backseat. I didn't enjoy that much. This is not the first time it happened. I decided that I would just download the movie and watch it at home where I can comfortably enjoy it. I came to watch movie in a theater to relax but I always end up frustrated.
But we should be ok with all that noise your kids do when unwrapping their snacks, sharing their popcorn, slurping their drinks, or shaking their ice ? Now this seriously annoys me when going to movies. But I understand that it's part of the package.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:19 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,623,152 times
Quote:
I wish not just in restaurants but in cinemas too! It's really annoying that you will go to the theater, pay the right amount and then suddenly there is a child screaming, crying and making other noises. You can't focus on the movie but instead to the annoying child. I remember watching Cinderella last month, it was my first time to watch movie after several months. At my back I think that boy is around 3 years old, he keep on screaming "Mommy!" then rocking the seats which was my backseat. I didn't enjoy that much. This is not the first time it happened. I decided that I would just download the movie and watch it at home where I can comfortably enjoy it. I came to watch movie in a theater to relax but I always end up frustrated.
So wait, a child was making noise at a PG movie aimed at children? Get out! With the illegal download comment I'm inclined to think you're a troll.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
What if, just what if taking kids to public places young actually is essential for raising a well rounded, well mannered person?
No way. All kids are horrible little brats who should be locked away until they're 18. I can't believe I even have to look at packaged diapers at the grocery store. I'm just so angry that children exist! GET OFF MY LAWN!

Old 04-22-2015, 05:59 PM

8,866 posts, read 8,202,381 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
But we should be ok with all that noise your kids do when unwrapping their snacks, sharing their popcorn, slurping their drinks, or shaking their ice ? Now this seriously annoys me when going to movies. But I understand that it's part of the package.
I haven't been in a movie theatre since January, 2006. It's just not worth the aggravation.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:38 PM

635 posts, read 397,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
I would absolutely patronize a company that didn't have little kids in it. My parents would leave someplace if we were being unruly and we learned it was not something they tolerated.

I worked at a second-run movie theatre for awhile. One night a lady brought her BABY into a violent action packed movie. The late show to boot. The show was sold out and the kid just screamed and screamed. People complained and rightfully so. I went to the lady and offered her free tickets good for any showing, any time. Her response? "I came here to see this movie and I'm going to see the damn movie!" There was no reasoning with her. And she was furious with me for suggesting she come back another time.

People are idiots. I'm betting the ones that slammed the place the most also have the most unruly kids.
A few years ago my husband and I went to the theater to see a movie called The Devil Inside. It's about an exorcism gone wrong. Anyway, there was a lady there with two little kids about 4 & 5 years old. The kids were obviously terrified because they were screaming and crying through the entire movie. One of them kept screaming "I want to leave" over and over. Their mother acted oblivious to it even though everyone in the theater was telling her to get her kids out of there. It was a fun afternoon at the movies.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melovescookies View Post
A few years ago my husband and I went to the theater to see a movie called The Devil Inside. It's about an exorcism gone wrong. Anyway, there was a lady there with two little kids about 4 & 5 years old. The kids were obviously terrified because they were screaming and crying through the entire movie. One of them kept screaming "I want to leave" over and over. Their mother acted oblivious to it even though everyone in the theater was telling her to get her kids out of there. It was a fun afternoon at the movies.
This happened to my husband and I, as well. We were seeing "Identity" about a dozen years ago. Pretty much a slasher/horror flick where a mother is decapitated within the first five minutes. A woman had brought her FOUR children to watch this movie, aged from about four to ten, and they were all terrified. I complained to the manager and he said there was nothing he could do. He eventually agreed to go and speak with her. She freaked out, demanded to know who complained, swore loudly that she wasn't going anywhere. So we asked for our money back and left. We weren't the only ones who did so, either.

What is stopping movie theaters from banning this sort of behavior?

Old 04-23-2015, 04:11 AM

2,212 posts, read 4,343,400 times
I was recently at a restaurant where there were children. One group of parents was totally oblivious to their annoying little brats. Then an Asian family came in with two children who were the same age as the brats. They were so well-behaved that I actually complimented them to their parents. They thanked me and said they are the same way at home. It's ALL about the parents.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:14 AM

13,610 posts, read 16,147,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
It's ALL about the parents.

Absolutely!

On a few occasions, I have also complimented parents whose children acted like civilized little human beings, rather than out-of-control savages.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events