U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2015, 08:03 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,252,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
I was in a retail store a few months ago. Walking down an aisle and a deranged and screaming kid was sitting in the cart mommy was pushing and his meltdown peaked right about the same time I was walking by. . . .

I looked straight at him and morphed my face into a huge, almost cartoonish smile that more or less said 'ha, ha somebody is having a rough day'.

He instantly turned his atomic meltdown up a few notches and screamed even louder and added a shrieking falsetto on top of it.

Reminds me of the time, a similar maniac in training was telling his mom that he wanted something in an aisle and she said he couldn't have it and then I walked over and grabbed 4 packs of the same Gummy Bears he wanted his mom to get (that I didn't even want) and smiled at him when I put them in my cart, and he instantly started going full blown mental and screamed at the top of his lungs. I didn't even want them, so on another aisle I took them out of my cart and put them on a shelf.

LOL, I love this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 08:39 PM

11,629 posts, read 17,040,226 times
Quote:
I was in a retail store a few months ago. Walking down an aisle and a deranged and screaming kid was sitting in the cart mommy was pushing and his meltdown peaked right about the same time I was walking by. . . .

I looked straight at him and morphed my face into a huge, almost cartoonish smile that more or less said 'ha, ha somebody is having a rough day'.

He instantly turned his atomic meltdown up a few notches and screamed even louder and added a shrieking falsetto on top of it.

Reminds me of the time, a similar maniac in training was telling his mom that he wanted something in an aisle and she said he couldn't have it and then I walked over and grabbed 4 packs of the same Gummy Bears he wanted his mom to get (that I didn't even want) and smiled at him when I put them in my cart, and he instantly started going full blown mental and screamed at the top of his lungs. I didn't even want them, so on another aisle I took them out of my cart and put them on a shelf.
You are weird. But I have seen people like you at the grocery store and other public places staring at kids acting creepy. You shouldn't be doing that.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:51 PM

9,999 posts, read 4,220,822 times
Good. This should be a trend.

Maybe then parents will actually teach their kids to not act like rabid animals in public.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:53 PM

6,981 posts, read 4,173,864 times
Quote:

That's incredible, you deserve a A Plus, awesome!

Old 04-20-2015, 09:05 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,252,533 times
This all reminds me of a time I was in my local grocery store, standing near a kid who was flipping the eff out. The kid wanted a pack of cookies or something. He was screaming! After begging him to stop (with no success), the kid's grandma gave him the pack of cookies and he stopped crying. I wanted so badly to snatch those cookies from his hand, but, obviously, I couldn't.

Man, granny is creating a serious monster! I know it's embarrasing to have your kid flip out in public, but there's no way I'd ever reward that crap.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:06 PM

6,308 posts, read 4,767,382 times
If I were in charge of the restaurant, my apology would have been: "I'm sorry I said screaming children. I meant all children."

Old 04-20-2015, 09:06 PM

11,629 posts, read 17,040,226 times
What is so awesome about making an already upset kid even more upset. How is that making it better for anyone.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:08 PM

Location: Depok, West Java (Jakarta area) / Bandung / Pekanbaru, Indonesia
4,544 posts, read 2,405,657 times
I hate screaming children in a public place, they're driving my mood crazy. , even with sunny mild weather, pleasant AC and classic instrumental music!!!

Old 04-20-2015, 11:13 PM

14,975 posts, read 8,536,771 times
Please also ban them from movie theaters, airplanes, apartment complexes.......

Old 04-21-2015, 12:54 AM

237 posts, read 177,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I want to start a restaurant chain where annoying adults are banned too.
If you include the rude, inconsiderate phone talkers who think the world gives a rat's rear end about their business, count me in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events