U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-22-2015, 05:29 PM
 
Location: zooland 1
3,744 posts, read 3,276,008 times
Reputation: 5495

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
you really really hate people who smoke weed, don't you? I don't get it, you act like a character out of some 1930 anti-marijuana film. You claim to be a cop, so answer this for me - when was the last time you rolled on a traffic fatality and the cause was a driver high on pot, or how about a domestic violence where the cause was intoxication on marijuana? The answer without me waiting for you to answer is NEVER, because if either of those are linked to abuse of a substance, that substance is invariably alcohol. I personally don't know any cops who are so worked up over weed as you, it makes me wonder if maybe you retired a really long time ago because you also use terminology that hasn't been around for decades "radio cars, coppers"

Is pot harmless? No, probably not but I bet it's less dangerous to your health than cigarettes or chronic alcohol abuse. Should it be legal, IDK and don't care since I personally don't like it but the personal possession and use should be decriminalized along with all other controlled substances.
Hello.. since you have personalized this post I will answer your questions as requested...

Stupid is as stupid does....

DUI MJ is up substantially over the last three years in my area.. approaching 1 in 2 drivers now self reporting MJ use along with other drugs and or alcohol while driving... or approximately 100 per month in the area I work. I know this because on one day a month I work the DUI probation class .. because I care about what is happening to my community and feel strongly there should be a road back for those who violate DUI laws (except for those who injure or kill other while DUI)

We have had several fatalities over the last three years where the driver tested for MJ only... >= 5 ngm limit.

Education time-... on the west coast police cars are referred to as radiocars... on the east coast they are referred to as beat or squad cars.. you would know this if you were a policeman.. thank god you arent.. well you couldn't be anyway because you could not pass even the rudimentary initial testing

If you act ignorant and stupid I probably wont answer you unless Im feeling philanthropic.. and personally you will never know me so you have no idea what policeman around me think... nor do i have any sense you have a clue what policeman think at all.... If I was to let the average policeman read your responses they would shake their heads and say... ignorant.. why bother even talking to him ... me.. there is hope for even the most uniformed person out there.. hope springs eternal

Have a nice day

Thanks for the questions.. I hope I have given you the information you were looking for


Now.. as to this woman... say she has talent... say she is somehow bright and accomplished... her drug use absolutely reduced her abilities
We know heavy mj use does not make one smarter ... more talented.. more accomplished.... it reduces these measures of productivity by its very narcotic effects upon the body... regardless of what users say... science has the last word.

Last edited by notmeofficer; 04-22-2015 at 06:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-22-2015, 06:07 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY
30,464 posts, read 9,103,558 times
Reputation: 29011
...not accomplished enough to not need to continuously get stoned over 50 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2015, 07:19 PM
 
Location: la la land
27,229 posts, read 11,375,700 times
Reputation: 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Hello.. since you have personalized this post I will answer your questions as requested...

Stupid is as stupid does....

DUI MJ is up substantially over the last three years in my area.. approaching 1 in 2 drivers now self reporting MJ use along with other drugs and or alcohol while driving... or approximately 100 per month in the area I work. I know this because on one day a month I work the DUI probation class .. because I care about what is happening to my community and feel strongly there should be a road back for those who violate DUI laws (except for those who injure or kill other while DUI)

We have had several fatalities over the last three years where the driver tested for MJ only... >= 5 ngm limit.

Education time-... on the west coast police cars are referred to as radiocars... on the east coast they are referred to as beat or squad cars.. you would know this if you were a policeman.. thank god you arent.. well you couldn't be anyway because you could not pass even the rudimentary initial testing

If you act ignorant and stupid I probably wont answer you unless Im feeling philanthropic.. and personally you will never know me so you have no idea what policeman around me think... nor do i have any sense you have a clue what policeman think at all.... If I was to let the average policeman read your responses they would shake their heads and say... ignorant.. why bother even talking to him ... me.. there is hope for even the most uniformed person out there.. hope springs eternal

Have a nice day

Thanks for the questions.. I hope I have given you the information you were looking for


Now.. as to this woman... say she has talent... say she is somehow bright and accomplished... her drug use absolutely reduced her abilities
We know heavy mj use does not make one smarter ... more talented.. more accomplished.... it reduces these measures of productivity by its very narcotic effects upon the body... regardless of what users say... science has the last word.
"DUI MJ is up substantially over the last three years in my area.. approaching 1 in 2 drivers now self reporting MJ use along with other drugs and or alcohol while driving... or approximately 100 per month in the area I work" self reporting marijuana use has nothing to do with impaired driving, that is like self reporting drinking beer but not being impaired by the effects of it.

"We have had several fatalities over the last three years where the driver tested for MJ only... >= 5 ngm limit" Not too long ago you said you were in Redding, and if I remember correctly you claimed to be retired from an agency in Southern California. So, if you are still in California then you are either confused, or mistaken about the law because there is no arbitrary blood level of THC for charging DUI. Impairment is based on a field sobriety test for drugs. And to repeat, testing positive for marijuana does not prove impairment, at least not in California

"on the west coast police cars are referred to as radiocars... on the east coast they are referred to as beat or squad cars.. you would know this if you were a policeman.." That's bizarre, I worked in LE in California for a total of 24 years in two different agencies and "radio car" is definitely a < 1980 term, since then Police Vehicles have been called "units" i.e. what unit are you in? "where's the canine unit".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2015, 07:23 PM
 
Location: Self explanatory
10,260 posts, read 4,126,301 times
Reputation: 14228
Cannabis is not a narcotic though.

Marijuana is not a narcotic. Although California law calls it a narcotic, it is pharmacologically distinct from the family of opium derivatives and synthetic narcotics. (Wolstenholme, 1965; Watt, 1965; Garattini, 1965; 1 Crim 5351 Calif. District Court of Appeal, 1st Appel. Dist.)

Quote:
The term narcotic (/nɑrˈkɒtɨk/, from ancient Greek ναρκῶ narkō, "to make numb") originally referred medically to any psychoactive compound with any sleep-inducing properties. In the United States it has since become associated with opiates and opioids, commonly morphine and heroin and their derivatives, such as hydrocodone. The term is, today, imprecisely defined and typically has negative connotations.[1][2] When used in a legal context in the U.S., a narcotic drug is simply one that is totally prohibited, or one that is used in violation of strict governmental regulation, such as codeine or morphine.

From a pharmacological standpoint it is not a useful term,[3] as is evinced by the historically varied usage of the word.
It wasn't until 1961 that it was lumped into the "narcotic" class.

Is Marijuana a Narcotic?

Legally speaking, Marijuana is NOT a narcotic. Marijuana is essentially Cannabis and thus Cannabis is not a narcotic either. The definition of the word Narcotic can be a noun or an adjective. There are marijuana could be used in speech as being a narcotic, but the word in legal terms would not apply. In the federal controlled substances act Marijuana is listed as a non-narcotic. Cocaine is also NOT a narcotic. However, opium and heroin are narcotics.

Information about Marijuana

Yet, alcohol is still widely available, and was labeled as a narcotic as well.

ALCOHOL AS A NARCOTIC POISON

And they came to a pragmatic, reasonable approach. I quite like their ruling and think it could stand to be said word for word with regard to cannabis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2015, 07:44 PM
 
Location: USA
13,266 posts, read 9,997,043 times
Reputation: 4228
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
What should we take away from this self serving piece... the same we should with all pro drug agenda.. "look at me how normal I am" BS

Does anyone think that even if MJ becomes legal all the problems with it will somehow magically disappear... its like guns.. its not the gun its the person.. MJ users tend to be asshats in my world and are **** poor neighbors.. which is why I go to their homes all the time on neighbor complaints... those who actually do use responsibly I will never see


As to the woman in the article... nothing extraordinary about her.. so I wouldn't hold her out as some shining beacon of positive drug user... she bleeds pure liberalism .... and self serving statements

Lets cut open her lungs and look at her medically for all the tar shes ingested.. lets cut open her brain and see what the spaces look like and compare them to non drug users,,, lets give her some real acuity tests... lets see what BENEFIT we can realize from her drug use... other than the negative addiction I see.

I hate to make snap judgements without talking to her but man.. she is bug eyed weird looking

So you suggest banning alcohol and cigarettes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2015, 07:47 PM
 
Location: USA
13,266 posts, read 9,997,043 times
Reputation: 4228
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Hello.. since you have personalized this post I will answer your questions as requested...

Stupid is as stupid does....

DUI MJ is up substantially over the last three years in my area.. approaching 1 in 2 drivers now self reporting MJ use along with other drugs and or alcohol while driving... or approximately 100 per month in the area I work. I know this because on one day a month I work the DUI probation class .. because I care about what is happening to my community and feel strongly there should be a road back for those who violate DUI laws (except for those who injure or kill other while DUI)

We have had several fatalities over the last three years where the driver tested for MJ only... >= 5 ngm limit.

Education time-... on the west coast police cars are referred to as radiocars... on the east coast they are referred to as beat or squad cars.. you would know this if you were a policeman.. thank god you arent.. well you couldn't be anyway because you could not pass even the rudimentary initial testing

If you act ignorant and stupid I probably wont answer you unless Im feeling philanthropic.. and personally you will never know me so you have no idea what policeman around me think... nor do i have any sense you have a clue what policeman think at all.... If I was to let the average policeman read your responses they would shake their heads and say... ignorant.. why bother even talking to him ... me.. there is hope for even the most uniformed person out there.. hope springs eternal

Have a nice day

Thanks for the questions.. I hope I have given you the information you were looking for


Now.. as to this woman... say she has talent... say she is somehow bright and accomplished... her drug use absolutely reduced her abilities
We know heavy mj use does not make one smarter ... more talented.. more accomplished.... it reduces these measures of productivity by its very narcotic effects upon the body... regardless of what users say... science has the last word.
MJ DUI's aren't up due to an increase in accidents, they're up due to BS enforcement and violating people's rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2015, 07:57 PM
 
Location: USA
13,266 posts, read 9,997,043 times
Reputation: 4228
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
"DUI MJ is up substantially over the last three years in my area.. approaching 1 in 2 drivers now self reporting MJ use along with other drugs and or alcohol while driving... or approximately 100 per month in the area I work" self reporting marijuana use has nothing to do with impaired driving, that is like self reporting drinking beer but not being impaired by the effects of it.

"We have had several fatalities over the last three years where the driver tested for MJ only... >= 5 ngm limit" Not too long ago you said you were in Redding, and if I remember correctly you claimed to be retired from an agency in Southern California. So, if you are still in California then you are either confused, or mistaken about the law because there is no arbitrary blood level of THC for charging DUI. Impairment is based on a field sobriety test for drugs. And to repeat, testing positive for marijuana does not prove impairment, at least not in California

"on the west coast police cars are referred to as radiocars... on the east coast they are referred to as beat or squad cars.. you would know this if you were a policeman.." That's bizarre, I worked in LE in California for a total of 24 years in two different agencies and "radio car" is definitely a < 1980 term, since then Police Vehicles have been called "units" i.e. what unit are you in? "where's the canine unit".


Thanks for your service and contribution. You make cops look good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2015, 08:07 PM
 
Location: Canada
5,799 posts, read 2,155,860 times
Reputation: 5193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
So you suggest banning alcohol and cigarettes?
Hey G After 40 years frontline ER work dealing with Od's and over partying..I have to say..I never saw 1..NOT even one who just smoke "Wacky Tobacco" as was termed back when..as aggressive..nor in fact brought in to ER because of MAryJane use..BUT, because of injuries caused by fights or drug deals gone bad..Too many like who you responded to WANT to blame the user of weed for their individual LE problems that require excuses.. In truth Drug deals gone bad is NOT the user..BUT the DEALER that demands a PRICE or offs then robs the buyer of product...

Sure..I will say have dealt with those using drugs laced with BAD additives..PCP, Meth and many other BAD drugs...Sure those using it are actual victims of the DEALER who sells products...BUT just like LE type always want to blame ALL Pot smokers for everything including all the threats that MAKE THEM KILL people who flee from them..SMH..It doesn't matter in the end..Because since I can remember..Police in general always want to justify their actions by blaming the perp 100% of the time when in reality The actual offending Cop ( not all were BAD BTW) would always jab, provoke any client they brought in to get proof of something to validate their claims....I, over the 4 decades..called a few out..PDQ..took badge numbers and advised accordingly..AMAZING..Abusive behaviour stopped and voila..They often disappeared from patient's room...Told me what I did was the right thing!!

As I said..NOT ALL cops are bad..But, just sometimes someone has to step in in provide Rules, boundaries and limitations...Blue Wall isn't Solid IF people Stand up for the rights of human beings..even if those human beings are acting like Asshats..Wearing a Badge and blue/or kaki colours doesn't absolve you from RESPONSIBILITY!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2015, 10:30 PM
 
1,882 posts, read 2,724,970 times
Reputation: 3871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
LOL

Gateway drug?

Only if you want it to be.
You know what I think of that pile of poo? I will agree with the J. Edgar Hoover types on this. But with reservations. As in:

Imagine a scenario that BECAUSE MARIJUANA IS CRIMINALIZED, your local scummy horse/meth/coke dealer is gonna probably deal a little in it. He runs out of weed one night and says to some 15 year old, "why don't you try some of this smack? "

Yeah, its a gateway drug, as long as it REMAINS ILLEGAL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2015, 10:33 PM
 
1,882 posts, read 2,724,970 times
Reputation: 3871
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
"DUI MJ is up substantially over the last three years in my area.. approaching 1 in 2 drivers now self reporting MJ use along with other drugs and or alcohol while driving... or approximately 100 per month in the area I work" self reporting marijuana use has nothing to do with impaired driving, that is like self reporting drinking beer but not being impaired by the effects of it.

"We have had several fatalities over the last three years where the driver tested for MJ only... >= 5 ngm limit" Not too long ago you said you were in Redding, and if I remember correctly you claimed to be retired from an agency in Southern California. So, if you are still in California then you are either confused, or mistaken about the law because there is no arbitrary blood level of THC for charging DUI. Impairment is based on a field sobriety test for drugs. And to repeat, testing positive for marijuana does not prove impairment, at least not in California

"on the west coast police cars are referred to as radiocars... on the east coast they are referred to as beat or squad cars.. you would know this if you were a policeman.." That's bizarre, I worked in LE in California for a total of 24 years in two different agencies and "radio car" is definitely a < 1980 term, since then Police Vehicles have been called "units" i.e. what unit are you in? "where's the canine unit".
Thanks sleepy, talking some freaking sense to these foos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top