U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 03:23 PM

9,122 posts, read 11,663,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'm curious about what you have to say watching this:

https://youtu.be/N30tT93FChQ

What exactly did the man do to deserve this?

This is why I'm absolutely terrified of cops, to the point of crossing the street when I see one walking my way.
He was AA on a bright cold sunny day......I'm not terrified of Cops I just show my ID and tell them the bare bone basics info answering all of theirs questions.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:31 PM

9,122 posts, read 11,663,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
All he had to do was give them the information they were asking and all that could have been avoided. But he got confrontational and refused to cooperate with them.

Instead of finding reasons to become offended, people need to learn to chill and they will go home at the end of the day. I have had police come to my shop door when we are working late at night and make sure we were not robbing the place. I did not get angry and say "I am on my own property, get out of here", I simply showed them my ID and thanked them for keeping an eye on my shop.

Another time I was pulled over when leaving my shop at 1 am and the cop asked what I was doing back in there. I simply told him I was working late, he handed me my license back, and I slept in my bed that night. I also thanked him and phoned the station to thank his supervisor.

Blacks need to learn to not get hostile and confrontational when stopped, the police are just doing their jobs (a job we pay them to do) and if they simply act civilized they will not have a problem. But I see it time and time again where blacks start raising their voices and refusing to cooperate. That is when the ass whooping starts. This situation escalated because the black man made that happen.

This fits into the category of winning the battle and losing the war. He might have been doing nothing wrong, but his reluctance to give them his name was what started all of this.

Don

Hey Don do you think that the Man Falsely Arrested by the Police just might win a rather large judgement against the city ( For A Unlawful Police Stop ).....think about it before you answer...Don...?

Old 04-21-2015, 07:16 AM

4,997 posts, read 13,538,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
All he had to do was give them the information they were asking and all that could have been avoided. But he got confrontational and refused to cooperate with them.

Don
The more I thought about this the more I realize that this cop wanted confrontation, he wanted to be able to beat someone up. In all my life I have never been stopped on the street and asked for my ID. This happens to blacks all the time, and it isn't always racial profiling, it is because the cop wants to start something. No cop has the right to walk up to anyone and demand to see their license unless that person is doing something wrong. This man stood up for his rights, and if more people would stand behind him and others this would be a better world.

I had a call from what maybe was the police officer asking for donations, and I found that what is going on in America today is really affecting me, I said to him, "When the police quit killing innocent people maybe I will give you a 2 dollar donation," and then I hung up.

People are just making too many excuses for these guys, and the police dept. supports them.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:41 AM

8,988 posts, read 7,076,226 times
It looks like the man was looking for a confrontation.
He found one.
He did his best to escalate it.
It worked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or