U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 07:33 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,023,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Do you think in such dispair, where you might after years of this become too ugly to have a friend, you might want a dog - for protection, companionship and real friendship?
Okay, so why did he kill his companion then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 09:56 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,052,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post

*Kill Shot* well done.

Knight

Old 04-24-2015, 10:03 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,052,125 times
Everyone , everywhere, should always reach higher as good citizens and neighbors, And Defend the Defenseless. A puppy included.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:18 AM

3,279 posts, read 3,758,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to Chicago View Post
I would personally want him dead, but the justice system is not and should not be set up that way....Killing an animal (unless it's a rare endangered creature) should never result in life in prison/death sentence....And the penalties should always be lower than that equivalent abuse leveled at a human being (like any sane person I value Human life over animal life)....People get way to emotional over animals, but at the end of the day a Dog/Cat is no different than any other animal...It's illogical to think they are anything special or unique in that regard....
I could not agree more. Although this isn't what happened here, people valuing animals too highly results in problems when the neighbor has a yorkie that won't shut its freaking piehole or a cat that gets its pawprints all over your BMW and the owner of the pet is not held accountable, but YOU will be if you shoot the thing (which I'd be of the mind of doing). To me, an animal is an animal is an animal, and if a dog or cat is causing problems for me, I see no difference in shooting it vs if I shot a poisonous snake or even a non-poisonous snake, or if I sprayed for bugs etc. To me a pest is a pest and it's totally illogical to assign dogs/cats a higher plane of importance.

And yes, no matter how great you think dogs are because "oh, they're so sweet, they don't care about anything but loving you" (it's called they're too stupid to know better, it would be like having a blow-up doll for a girlfriend), a pet is nowhere near as important as a human's life. Only idiots think a dog or a cat is as important as a human being. Yes--someone who thinks a dog or a cat is equal to a human being in importance, they're an idiot.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:59 AM

2,367 posts, read 1,523,456 times
Quote:
All I know is a homeless man was arrested for something he was accused of. And, we see a photo taken of him after he was arrested. Most people dont look their best after they are arrested, and especially not if they are homeless.

I didnt see any video of him killing the dog. All I read is that witnesses said he did. Did any of the alleged witnesses make a video, rather than try to help the dog?

I guess everyone who ever has a witness say they did something is guilty until proven innocent, especially if they are homeless.

Like that guy the cops killed on camera in CA a few years back, he was obviously guilty of something - and probably kind of ugly too -cause he was also homeless.

If you cant tell, Im trying to get with the program, lol. Fact is though, it just doesnt suit me. Thank God! This is not an indictment of you personally either poodlestix. So, if it strikes a chord, and you feel a need to message me, please dont. Thanks so much.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:24 PM

4,444 posts, read 1,731,819 times
Quote:
Nobody knows, but was suggested that he may have purposely wanted to have been taken somewhere where he could get some comfort and care. It is being assumed that the dog was "his companion", which may have just been a stray, hanging around him and others, sadly. Yes, it is awful what he did...there is a lot of insanity or other motivations. It's difficult to see or think about what goes on.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:41 PM

16,785 posts, read 19,639,274 times
Quote:
The poor little thing! I wish one of the observers had tried to save it. I must admit the killer looks deranged.

Cops: South Daytona man strangled puppy to death
How shocking to see it took place in Floriduh.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:37 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,507,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
What if it was your puppy?
exactly ! I would rather it be some random kid than MY puppy.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:10 PM

3,279 posts, read 3,758,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
exactly ! I would rather it be some random kid than MY puppy.
Not me. Any "random kid" is still a human being, a dog is an animal. Simple--for people with brains and morals, anyway, it is.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:33 PM

30,415 posts, read 9,092,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
And this is what happens when we don't address the problem of mental illness in our society. Glad it was a puppy and not a kid.
Nooooo...this is what happens when do-gooders who don't believe in institutionalizing the mentally ill successfully advocate to release them and institute laws barring involuntary committment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or