Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 08:06 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times

Advertisements

If she truly had been interfering, they could have arrested her for interfering. But Mr. Loaded-for-Bear-and-Dressed-in-Camo (Why?) had to be an ass and break her cell phone. Hope he's disciplined.

Again, the same people who are always screaming about The Government taking away our rights are the quickest to recommend handing them over to a guy in a uniform. I don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 08:25 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
She's lucky she didn't get hauled in for obstruction.
In America, you're lucky when law enforcement merely destroys your property...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
IMHO at Times the filming /civilian intrusion is out of hand.. If you want to film then stand OUT OF THE WAY AND ****...
NOT one of you would want to to filmed all day long with your job riding on every secound of the film.
Yes, I wouldn't care to be filmed. No, I'm not such a raging power-tripping narcissist that I think that gives me the right to destroy the private property of others.

Quote:
We cannot tell what kind of crap is coming out of this womens mouth so when in doubt give the cop the benefit of the doubt..
What doubt? He destroyed her private property and did not arrest her. What sort of extrajudicial sneering at due process is that?

When the state destroys the private property of a citizen, and doesn't even bother to claim that citizen was breaking the law, only a authority-fluffing fool gives the state any benefit of doubt.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:55 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
In America, you're lucky when law enforcement merely destroys your property...?

Yes, I wouldn't care to be filmed. No, I'm not such a raging power-tripping narcissist that I think that gives me the right to destroy the private property of others.

What doubt? He destroyed her private property and did not arrest her. What sort of extrajudicial sneering at due process is that?

When the state destroys the private property of a citizen, and doesn't even bother to claim that citizen was breaking the law, only a authority-fluffing fool gives the state any benefit of doubt.
Exactly. What about due process, or the right to be free of unlawful search and seizure? Or the right to peacefully assemble?

Seems like people can't give away their rights fast enough.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:09 AM

16,582 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Doesn't justify the cops actions.

What if someone had assaulted the cop for assaulting the woman?

People have a right to film and know what's going on in their neighborhoods. It's OUR neighborhood. Not the state's.
True, however the poster you were addressing was also making a valid point.
Just because it is our neighborhood, it doesn't give us the right to get up close to the action and start mouthing off to the cops. If they are arresting a bunch of dangerous bikers, they do not need an armchair cop telling them what to do, distracting them, or being too close. For all they knew this woman was one of the bikers chicks, and could have endangered them.
If she wants to film fine, but keep her mouth shut instead of constantly spouting off.

I would also note that "assaulting the cop" would be pretty stupid as it could get someone injured/killed, and would certainly lead to an arrest.

`

Last edited by Vector1; 04-21-2015 at 09:19 AM..

Old 04-21-2015, 09:57 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,852 times
The one who had her phone smashed knew there was another person filming. She asked "did you get that" at the end of the video. I see no problem with the lady standing in her door filming from a safe distance out of the way. The woman running her mouth off at the cops from a few feet away while they're getting ready to raid a house got what she deserved. Police still have an often dangerous job to do and people don't need to interfere the way this lady did. If she had stood back and kept her mouth shut she would still have a working phone.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:06 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I agree that people have a right to film, but they don't have the right to place themselves in harms way to film, or, to continuously run their mouth while the cops are trying to be focused on the situation. She could have easily gone further down the block, or, across the street and filmed from there.

You want to play the what if game, okay..
What if instead of the one cop and the one biker getting into a struggle, the whole biker gang decided to fight off the cops? As close as she was to those cops she probably would have ended up right in the middle of it and been injured or killed, or, one of the cops could have been injured or killed by trying to protect her.

What if the biker gang were armed and began shooting at the cops? Again, as close as she was to those cops she may have been shot.

If she wanted to film, fine--just do it from a safe, and out of the way, distance. She had no business being that close to the cops while a situation was going on!!
I didn't say that he couldn't handle the situation the right way.

He snatched her phone and kicked it. He broke the law.

Should he be assaulted for breaking the law? It's not a game of what if. It's YOUR reasoning.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
IMHO at Times the filming /civilian intrusion is out of hand.. If you want to film then stand OUT OF THE WAY AND ****...
NOT one of you would want to to filmed all day long with your job riding on every secound of the film. We cannot tell what kind of crap is coming out of this womens mouth so when in doubt give the cop the benefit of the doubt..
I agree with this. You have to be respectful of what's going on, and not interfere with the job.

The issue is, whether this video is evidence or not, is that Police will break their own laws/rules even if you are filming appropriately.

That tells you they don't respect US or our Rights..

Old 04-21-2015, 11:28 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
The usual hater baiter agenda
Or also known as
Who has a criminal history
And who wants a marijuana cookie

Internet hero's with hundred pound computer keyboard hammers ...in reality... uninformed blather... nothing happens here.. happens at the ballot box... do they vote...
Insert yourself into a scene where Leo action is occurring... divert resources and attention.. fail to leave when directed... get police action ..
I love the video of the person videotaping... did you record that ... obvious set up...
Cause vs effect.. basic premise of life
Can't fix stupid

Marshal will be held to account for failing to protect any citizens property
Again, you ignore the central issue. When are cops going to start obeying the LAW?

She was not interfering. If she was, then that would have been another issue.

She HAS A RIGHT TO RECORD.

What about arresting the cop for willful destruction of private property? Or how about assault?

There is no hate here. It is time for cops to start having more respect for the law and it is GOOD and RIGHT that citizens force them to if they won't do it themselves.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 04-21-2015 at 11:38 AM..

Old 04-21-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Just because it is our neighborhood, it doesn't give us the right to get up close to the action and start mouthing off to the cops. If they are arresting a bunch of dangerous bikers, they do not need an armchair cop telling them what to do, distracting them, or being too close. For all they knew this woman was one of the bikers chicks, and could have endangered them.
If she wants to film fine, but keep her mouth shut instead of constantly spouting off.

I would also note that "assaulting the cop" would be pretty stupid as it could get someone injured/killed, and would certainly lead to an arrest.

`
She justified the cop's actions by saying the woman was a nuisance.

If I hit someone on the street that upsets me what happens?

Old 04-21-2015, 12:21 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,465,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

`
Mouthing off to the cops and video taping them, actually are two of your rights as an American. Too many americans want to throw away their rights and live in an environment where police can do anything they want, like what you find in 3rd world dictatorships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events