U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 11:44 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,340,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
And I can see why people are worked up. VERY disrespectful! Whether it was on purpose or not, whether he apologized or not ... you can't kill a man then go chill in the Bahamas to sip pina coladas and expect people to think that's okey dokey.
Why not?

Old 04-23-2015, 11:51 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,547,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Why not?
We're up to 130+ posts ... If you would read past post #3, you wouldn't need to ask that question.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:56 AM

27,315 posts, read 11,418,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Why not?
Quote:
We're up to 130+ posts ... If you would read past post #3, you wouldn't need to ask that question.
But it makes people feel so bad A$$ to say "why not" lolol

Old 04-23-2015, 11:57 AM

1,495 posts, read 1,340,385 times
Quote:
Um ... that's the whole point of this thread.
And it's the current events forum, where not everyone agrees with the original thought.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:05 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,547,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
And it's the current events forum, where not everyone agrees with the original thought.
Whether you agree with it or not, whether it matters to you or not, the point of this thread is to discuss the fact that he's taking this vacation.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:54 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,697,680 times
Quote:
And I can see why people are worked up. VERY disrespectful! Whether it was on purpose or not, whether he apologized or not ... you can't kill a man then go chill in the Bahamas to sip pina coladas and expect people to think that's okey dokey.
A response to "post 3".

Yea why not? Who cares what he does. He is free to do whatever he wants to do. The accidental shooting of a convicted felon who was caught selling a gun to a UC and than ran away has no bearing on Mr.Bates taking a vacation that he is paying for with his hard earned money.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:00 PM

8,623 posts, read 5,905,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
almost no one is allowed to leave US soil while on bail for any offense, much less with a charge of manslaughter...but somehow it doesn't surprise me, and I don't care either- just makes the guy look like more of a fool and all I hope for is that he will be found guilty of something so that he can never legally own a gun again.
Do all people in CA have similar POV? I'm glad I'm on the other shore.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:35 PM

9,112 posts, read 4,536,077 times
Quote:
In his shoes, I'd never take this vacation because someone like you might get on the jury. He could at least wait awhile and go somewhere closer and less 'exotic' than the Bahamas, maybe Dodge City. After all, he might get a few years when he won't be going anywhere.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:54 PM

113 posts, read 97,953 times
To all of you who are saying that him vacationing is no big deal...

I'm a white male and I have become fed up with white America's ingrained racist attitudes towards non-whites. It used to be that minorities did cry wolf a lot but it seems now, in the last fifteen to twenty years that I've slowly become aware of this type of very subtle racism that most of you keep hidden just under the surface.

None of us will ever truly know what it's like to be black. To be pulled over for no reason, to be followed around a store that you've shopped in many times and all the long lists of assumptions that whites hold about them and even have the idiocy to bring up in conversation with them.

You are also the ones in this country that have sat back and allowed your constitutional rights to be stripped away just so you can feel safe, get your pension check, and get a good place in line at the buffet restaurant. You delude yourself in thinking that your Republican or Democrat politician is the right one with all the answers and who's going to come to your rescue and fix all of America's problems. The sad fact is that we no longer have constitutional rights but rather temporary privileges - and it's your fault.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:16 PM

10,516 posts, read 6,007,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Do all people in CA have similar POV? I'm glad I'm on the other shore.
The east coast is the birthplace of freedom. People originally went west to strike it rich quick. The attitudes are very different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or