Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 06:02 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times

Advertisements

I have a feeling that he's a heavy financial supporter of the Sherrif and in return the sherrif let him play cop has something to do with it. He should never have been there. And that so called apology... his second worse mistake? All those I's. It establishes where he lives in his own well padded world.

Letting him leave the country is a very bad idea. He should be staying home while he waits for his trial. This just establishes that money will buy you all the gooodies.....

Old 04-25-2015, 08:02 AM

50,788 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
Post the links please.
Sorry thought I did...​Tulsa Sheriff's Office had investigated Robert Bates in 2009 - CBS News

Old 04-25-2015, 05:21 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
Outrage not found

Old 04-03-2016, 11:25 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
I tead this guy's trial is this month. Does anyone have an update? I guess he will be fighting the charges.

Old 04-03-2016, 01:40 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,698 times
So what happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Old 04-04-2016, 03:54 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
I could see if he were facing criminal charges that they could, if he were deemed a flight risk, have his passport revoked. If they don't consider him a flight risk, he has every right to fly around the world if he so chooses. Innocent until proven guilty used to mean something, that was until every teenager in 'Murica got themselves a blog...

Old 04-04-2016, 04:06 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Mistaking the pistol for the Taser.....again. I have a hard time with that line. The sidearm and Taser are worn on opposite sides. If he was reaching for the Taser, he would have done so with his non dominant hand. Its a conscious effort. They do things that way to keep mistakes like this from happening. If your right handed, the taser is on the left side. I guess he was under so much stress he couldn't tell right from left? I have doubts as to the validity of this defense.

Old 04-04-2016, 04:13 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
So what happened to innocent until proven guilty?
"Legally Innocent until Proven Guilty" although Public Opinion is a complete different animal as I have been reading here for over a year and 3 months..ALL depends of the Killer??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Mistaking the pistol for the Taser.....again. I have a hard time with that line. The sidearm and Taser are worn on opposite sides. If he was reaching for the Taser, he would have done so with his non dominant hand. Its a conscious effort. They do things that way to keep mistakes like this from happening. If your right handed, the taser is on the left side. I guess he was under so much stress he couldn't tell right from left? I have doubts as to the validity of this defense.
You got that a right NVplumber..never mind what strings he pulled ( paid for) to even be involved in such a take-down?????

Old 04-05-2016, 04:18 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
Even the news media sets him up as a target for haters. I don't blame him for trying to escape it. "Shoots black suspect"? That's not necessary. The article is racially inflammatory, just like anything else in the news media.

Don't run from the po-leece. Ya won't get shot by mistake.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:00 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Even the news media sets him up as a target for haters. I don't blame him for trying to escape it. "Shoots black suspect"? That's not necessary. The article is racially inflammatory, just like anything else in the news media.

Don't run from the po-leece. Ya won't get shot by mistake.
Yes, I agree the article starts on an inflammatory heading. I don't agree with the medias babkt of always bringing up skin tone, right out of the gate. How's er, something smells here. Just like that BART shooting a couple years back, and a few others since, the "I thought I was going for my Taser" defense just doesn't wash with me. If this were true, it speaks to a level of incompetence . For a , supposedly, team end and conditioned LEO, to become so twittapated in a situation, that he couldn't distinguish right from left, just flat losing it to the point of being unable to use his equipment, sheesb, not even knowing where itis on his body, just ddoesn't make a good defense.

Obviously, he needs to find another line of work. Something where he doesn't have to function under stress. To supposedly panic to a point that he can't distinguish right from left, and can't tell the difference twixt a Taser and a firearm in his hand, or even notice the marked difference in how they are deployed....well...he doesn't need to be in a job that requires life and death actions.

An officers gear and weapons are arranged in a very specific way on their utility belt. If their, supposedly, well trained, the decision to reach for a specific piece of equipment, especially their sidearm, should be muscle memory,coupled with an ability to think under stress. Regardless if he actually did become that confused, pulling his sidearm thinking it was his LTLW? No, he doesn't need to be in LE, on the street. If he stays with the dept, he's a candidate for the rubber gun squad, down in a basement with the old files.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events