U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 04:55 PM

826 posts, read 661,573 times

Advertisements

LS Jaun, thanks for the semantics piece. Bigotry is nasty, no matter who's doing it. By your logic, I should blame Jeffrey Dahmer's family for the things he did. While we're blaming a group comprised of millions of people, doesn't it **** you off when black people hold all whites accountable for the acts of the KKK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 05:08 PM

18,604 posts, read 13,747,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
LS Jaun, thanks for the semantics piece. Bigotry is nasty, no matter who's doing it. By your logic, I should blame Jeffrey Dahmer's family for the things he did. While we're blaming a group comprised of millions of people, doesn't it **** you off when black people hold all whites accountable for the acts of the KKK?
"LS Jaun, thanks for the semantics piece."
Your welcome, never too late the learn

Old 04-22-2015, 05:23 PM

826 posts, read 661,573 times
It's "you're", not "your".

But your post made me laugh regardless Peace.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:27 PM

9,116 posts, read 4,545,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
If this is the worst in religous bigotry against Muslims that the OP could find that is pretty pathetic
The real story is, 'Muslim Family Defended by Non-Muslim Stranger.'

One rude women is put in her place by a stranger standing up for a Muslim family on a train in Australia. Despite the Islamic terrorism in that country, including the recent arrests of four Muslims planning to attack a national memorial service, the woman didn't tolerate singling out the Muslim family.

It's really a fascinating look at how desperate some folks are to find Muslim victims of random bigotry.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:31 PM

10,552 posts, read 6,027,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
That's 100 percent different. The situations you discuss are, in fact, bigotry. In this situation, it's not like blaming all white people for the KKK, it's like blaming a member of the KKK for the kkk. In Australia, no one forces you to be muslim and you can choose the groups you wish to associate with. She chooses a group that crashes planes, makes Christians walk the plank, hangs gays, explodes little boys watching a race, massacres school girls... Well, you get the point.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:40 PM

6,742 posts, read 3,886,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
That's 100 percent different. The situations you discuss are, in fact, bigotry. In this situation, it's not like blaming all white people for the KKK, it's like blaming a member of the KKK for the kkk. In Australia, no one forces you to be muslim and you can choose the groups you wish to associate with. She chooses a group that crashes planes, makes Christians walk the plank, hangs gays, explodes little boys watching a race, massacres school girls... Well, you get the point.
So they should let the actions of others that they have no control over, as well as the judgment and bigotry from other groups decide how they should lives their lives and express their faith?

Makes sense.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:32 PM

14,790 posts, read 13,513,786 times
The point of this, is that no one should endure verbal abuse based on their religion. Whatever might have happened or is happening - doesn't have much to do with this individual family.

In regards to pressing charges, I understand this would be based on this stranger touching his wife's head, in any case, she hasn't been identified, and probably won't be so there is most likely nothing further to come out of this story, other than those stupid enough to air their bigotry in public will probably be filmed doing it, and shamed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
What ? I am no fan of organised religions, but sheesh, ignorant much?

Old 04-22-2015, 10:50 PM
Status: "Soon I'll hear old winter's song.." (set 29 days ago)

5,405 posts, read 2,876,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
So that's all the 'abuse' that those Muslims faced and now they want to press charges?

Sorry if I don't feel any sympathy when they do this in western countries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRltLt8UHEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34TKUtbReS4

But hey saying a few words to these Muslims is much worse than all the terrorism, rape, murder, violence, unrest and crime Muslims have committed in western counties over the years I guess. >_>

I feel sad that you've been brainwashed to the extent that you would actually feel sympathy for Muslims after all the crap they've done to innocent people around the world in the name of their F**KED UP religion ESPECIALLY since you're a woman.
Yes, because all Muslims are one person. I do think Islam is a ****ed up religion, same as Christianity, and Judaism. However not every individual of these faiths is a bad person. Stop with your obvious bigotry.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:53 PM
Status: "Soon I'll hear old winter's song.." (set 29 days ago)

5,405 posts, read 2,876,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
So a racist yells at a family of racists. Wow
Prove that the Muslim family was racist. There is no evidence of racism from them in that video. But keep calling others racist, as you yourself use racial profiling That shows you to be very smart and advanced.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:00 AM

10,063 posts, read 7,055,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
Actually it’s you that is brainwashed. It's apparent by your rant, ignorance and lack of knowledge of the Muslim religion. If you even did a slight bit of objective research you would realize that the religion is far from "F***ed up." Now if you had said that some of the people that follow the religion are "F***ed up" I would have agreed with you. So please take your racist and extremely limited views of the world somewhere else. No one is impressed by your "immense skills" of being able to post YouTube videos.

I'm glad the woman stood up againest racism and that the couple showed great restraint in dealing with this belligerent lady. Hopefully she is found and dealt with accordingly.
I won't say that Islam is a good religion. It's not racism to say this. Heck, I'm supposed to be killed in Islam. Did you read the wrong book or are you that dense?

With that being said, standing against verbal abuse to innocent humans is NOT justified. These two people sitting in the train were moderates and had nothing to do with anything.

Last edited by Ethereal; 04-23-2015 at 03:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or