U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-25-2015, 09:43 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
3,510 posts, read 2,798,855 times
Reputation: 6371

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Maybe. I can order any cake I want to though

As can you in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-25-2015, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
3,510 posts, read 2,798,855 times
Reputation: 6371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Now this sarcasm speaks volumes Given the Topic of this thread when a Muslim Family is being bullied just because of their dress which indicated their Religion ..not because of what they did particularly..BUT JUST because they were of a differing religion....I say this..because by saying the above indicates, that freedom of speech means it's hunky dory to verbally abuse and harass innocent folk because you can..I just shake my head and have read other posts by above poster indicating a rather unsettling tendency to blame/accuse/label anyone for anything IF they aren't just like yourself

Hate to mention..ALL of North America ( as is Europe) is populated by many who are not from ONE background but multi-ethnic backgrounds..and denial of that will not help..as Condi Rice use to say..Such comment's aren't helpful

I really do find it disconcerting to criminalize speech to such an extent. Ignorant people will always exist but to bring charges against someone because of mere speech, that goes too far. I think there's a slippery slope to that which can be very dangerous and be used to shut down legitimate criticism under the guise of being politically correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2015, 09:50 PM
Status: "MAGA" (set 15 days ago)
 
Location: New Jersey
10,515 posts, read 6,007,892 times
Reputation: 10327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Now this sarcasm speaks volumes Given the Topic of this thread when a Muslim Family is being bullied just because of their dress which indicated their Religion ..not because of what they did particularly..BUT JUST because they were of a differing religion....I say this..because by saying the above indicates, that freedom of speech means it's hunky dory to verbally abuse and harass innocent folk because you can..I just shake my head and have read other posts by above poster indicating a rather unsettling tendency to blame/accuse/label anyone for anything IF they aren't just like yourself

Hate to mention..ALL of North America ( as is Europe) is populated by many who are not from ONE background but multi-ethnic backgrounds..and denial of that will not help..as Condi Rice use to say..Such comment's aren't helpful
Almost nothing in this post is true. She was not being "bullied" and it has nothing to do with someone of a different "religion." It's asking questions about why a person chooses to associate with one particular group whose open and admitted mission is world conquest and a global caliphate. You can not believe that all you want, but it doesn't make it less true. I live with many people of different backgrounds, this isn't about difference, it's about a particular group that causes problems in every corner of the world.,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2015, 07:02 AM
 
622 posts, read 397,937 times
Reputation: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
I really do find it disconcerting to criminalize speech to such an extent. Ignorant people will always exist but to bring charges against someone because of mere speech, that goes too far. I think there's a slippery slope to that which can be very dangerous and be used to shut down legitimate criticism under the guise of being politically correct.
But it's not 'mere speech' is it? It's being verbally abusive to someone just because they come from a different background than you. Why should anyone have to tolerate that?

In the same way you can report somebody on this forum for harrassment for which their post can be deleted, or even result in a ban, the Muslim family is entitled to take legal action for the harrassment they received. If steps aren't taken to prevent verbal abuse it rapidly becomes the norm and I don't think any of us want to live in a society like that do we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2015, 10:27 PM
 
Location: Brawndo-Thirst-Mutilator-Nation
15,252 posts, read 15,250,601 times
Reputation: 10981
A LOT of European countries have put their citizens on edge, more and more immigrants coming in, it never stops. I would not behave in such a manner, but I kinda understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 06:43 AM
 
Location: zooland 1
3,744 posts, read 3,279,384 times
Reputation: 5495
When I see Muslim soldiers by the thousands defending America then I'll look at what is occurring to them that might be prejudiced ... until that time... no thank you to a religion of hate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 08:38 AM
 
1,188 posts, read 1,052,525 times
Reputation: 2083
a loud fat woman with a trashy accent stirring up a fight happens about 1000 times an hour in australia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 10:45 AM
 
5,445 posts, read 4,410,730 times
Reputation: 14992
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
When I see Muslim soldiers by the thousands defending America then I'll look at what is occurring to them that might be prejudiced ... until that time... no thank you to a religion of hate
They may not be by the thousands, but we do have Muslim soldiers defending America. Do they deserve to be treated this way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 12:36 PM
 
256 posts, read 143,041 times
Reputation: 225
This thread and forum are full of idiots who get their news from Fox. How people can swallow MSM bs without thinking deeper baffles me.

It comes down to education I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top