U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2015, 09:33 AM

5,467 posts, read 4,594,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
I'm no attorney, but it seems to me that in order for this act to satisfy the elements of the offense, the prosecution will have to prove that she knew the cat had an owner, and then failed to seek the owner's permission before killing the cat.

PENAL CODE CHAPTER 42. DISORDERLY CONDUCT AND RELATED OFFENSES

Sec. 42.092. CRUELTY TO NONLIVESTOCK ANIMALS. (a) In this section:

(2) "Animal" means a domesticated living creature, including any stray or feral cat or dog

Old 04-23-2015, 09:40 AM

1,548 posts, read 1,875,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I know. People in your part of the country go out and purchase their own pets to take home to kill.

Police: Oregon man bought puppy then killed it with kitchen knife | Local & Regional | Boise, Meridian, Nampa, Caldwell, Idaho News, Weather, Sports and Breaking News - KBOI 2

WILSONVILLE, Ore. -- A Wilsonville man bought a Border Collie puppy then hours later stabbed and killed it, sheriff’s deputies said Monday.
Yep, I was going to post that since it happened here, but you beat me to it.

I think people get their psychopatic fix torturing and killing animals since it has always been a legal gray area a fine some probation, meh no biggie. Do the same to a human and you get 20 to life. Animals have always been seen by psychopathic people as a way to vent their crazy frustrations, they do things such as kristen lindsay did by saying things like 'it was feral, it could have had rabies', its like a oops my bad hehe he he oh well just a cat..just a squirrel, just a bird, just a whatever. rabies, disease, I did you all a favor.

A few weeks ago here in Portland a man slit the throat of his mothers cat and beat the **** out of her, nice 28 year old kid. Her crime/ Telling her adult son he had 2 weeks to move out. He has had a history of doing things like starving and beating her pets, flipping over their water dishes to dehydrate them. He put a dog in a dryer, a kitten in a microwave. He also started small fires.... 18 months probation. There was also a 44 year old man who had hung multiple cats in a city park on the oregon coast to protect kids at the park from stepping in cat feces that carry all sorts of diseases, he was just being a good samaritan. Then there was the 14 year-old drowning cats in a lake. Who when confronted went to the body they found and prayed in tounges in front of officials.....wierd stuff.

There are a lot people who love Dogs, but don't care for cats, they see them as vermin and unclean. They impose predjudices on them that they are doing things they probably aren't doing but the mere sight of them on their property sends them into a violent rage. You can corral a dog but it's almost impossible to corral a cat. In the nighborhood I live in there are lots of cats and dogs living in harmony, except for one house with a teenage boy who I think may have a screw loose. He is always shooting bows and arrows and beating on wood with axes, he and his brothers chop up random things with real swords, I have never seen him smile, I watch that little *** like a hawk. Anytime I have heard kids are being harassed he and his brothers are right in the middle of it. His dad is a "professional" scrapper and from the moment they moved in they accused me of my oak tree destroying thier fence, real neighborly. If my pets ever are hurt, I know where to look.

The great thing about social media these days is it lets you know who is a untrustworthy sociopathic nut job very quickly.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:42 AM

11,094 posts, read 9,042,198 times
I don't understand when people say things like "It's sick that people care more about animals than humans". This is a stupid, annoying argument. Just because we get outraged when a vet puts an arrow through a cats eye and looks proud does not mean we care more about animals than humans. It means what the vet did was despicable and we are voicing our opinions on this story.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:46 AM

24,014 posts, read 17,635,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
articles say it was a feral cat, which is not a pet

I don't condone what this woman vet did....not in the least

however, what I detest is, cat owners who allow their cats to roam free....which isn't the cats fault

they are killing so many birds and wild animals....domestic cats kill so many wild animals...bunnies, birds, squirrels, chip monks, etc.

plus, I love to garden, and the thing I hate most is when I'm digging in my garden and there are presents in there....

I don't like cats, however, could never kill one....
which articles? I've only seen that claim on the vet's facebook page.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:54 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,550,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
however, what I detest is, cat owners who allow their cats to roam free....which isn't the cats fault
We don't know that this is the case. The cat could have ran out of the house and the owners been unable to catch it.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:04 AM

25,487 posts, read 23,329,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I don't understand when people say things like "It's sick that people care more about animals than humans". This is a stupid, annoying argument. Just because we get outraged when a vet puts an arrow through a cats eye and looks proud does not mean we care more about animals than humans. It means what the vet did was despicable and we are voicing our opinions on this story.

I'm sorry, like I said, I don't like cats, but I hate this much worse....an animal has feelings....and no one should do this to an animal....

Now, if it was a feral cat, and hurting other animals in the community, then, it would have to be put down for fear of rabbies....but this, was just insane.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
We don't know that this is the case. The cat could have ran out of the house and the owners been unable to catch it.
I didn't mean to sound like it was the case, as I said before, I had heard it was a feral cat that she killed, a wild cat....adding my two cents about cat owners...

Old 04-23-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
which articles? I've only seen that claim on the vet's facebook page.

sorry I don't remember, but I either read that or heard it on tv....? Not sure.....

and, your claim is perhaps what I heard....?

Old 04-23-2015, 10:18 AM

1,256 posts, read 877,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this, but here is a petition asking the board in Texas to revoke her license.

https://www.change.org/p/texas-state...share_petition
I signed that already. Hope it gets the job done.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:48 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,027,268 times
All I can hope for is that, not only that she loses her license and can never work with animals again, but that she can never get any kind of job again and is completely ostracized in her community. I also hope she gets the max jail time allowed by law for that particular crime. Makes me sick!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or