U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2015, 11:28 AM

7,918 posts, read 3,731,788 times

Advertisements

Regardless of the particulars of this case( I don't care to read it), I find it amusing how these losers are so craven for attention, they post/tweet/instagram all sorts of things that wind up coming back to bite them in the rear.
They obviously do not do it to be criticized, fired/not hired, etc.
So one must ask what were they possibly thinking?
Of course the answer is that they were not thinking, and just cannot help themselves due to their own narcissism and need for attention.

Frankly I doubt I will ever have a FB page or engage in other types of "social media", not for fear of being an idiot like these fools.
Instead it is because I am comfortable in my own skin, and do not need outside attention to gauge my self worth.

`

Old 04-23-2015, 11:29 AM

430 posts, read 643,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Children aren't property.
Wrong. Children are, for all intents and purposes if not semantically, property.

They don't have the right to contract for themselves, and they can't make any other decisions (at least not legally) for themselves. They are the full property of their guardians, though they do have some legal rights (as do cats as linked in the Texas statute).

Old 04-23-2015, 11:33 AM

1,256 posts, read 875,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
It's funny how the bleeding hearts care so much about animals but are happy to let children starve to death in other countries while they're feeding their faces with 100% real beef.

I don't hurt animals or cause suffering.... yeah right.
I'm an animal lover.....cats more than anything, but I'm kind to all creatures as a rule.

We also sponsor a little child in Niger who was born the same day as my son. We send packages to her and make extra donations to the agency to be used for her and her family. Moreover, we've given funds to the same agency for other efforts in that part of the world aimed at eradicating child hunger. I wish we could do more.

So...don't speak so soon. Many of us love children and animals, both. I wish we could save them all

Last edited by rhiannon67; 04-23-2015 at 12:11 PM..

Old 04-23-2015, 11:34 AM

6,400 posts, read 6,503,117 times
Quote:
Yeah, you can just walk up to a feral cat, pick it up and take it to the vet. The cat won't mind at all and you won't have any trouble getting close and just picking it up.
Ever hear of Trap, Neuter, Return? It's the best way to address feral cat populations. Read up, you might learn something.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:35 AM

1,256 posts, read 875,199 times
Quote:
Yeah, you can just walk up to a feral cat, pick it up and take it to the vet. The cat won't mind at all and you won't have any trouble getting close and just picking it up.
There are humane traps available. We own one. It doesn't harm the animal at all

Old 04-23-2015, 11:38 AM

2,784 posts, read 2,570,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
The cat was far from feral. She just wanted to kill something. I've already signed the petition.
At what range did she take the shot? Close enough to tell? Was there a ginger feral cat in the area and it was a case of mistaken identity?

So was it a genuine mistake or a is she just a nutter?

No one knows (yet), but you cow/pig/chicken slaughtering/eating folk are sure quick to burn her at the stake for doing nothing more than you do two to three meals a day. But it's all OK because there not animals that you care about?

This is how your big mac and McNuggets start out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksFlFuqeQVk

Old 04-23-2015, 11:40 AM

12,082 posts, read 5,602,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Other posters may think it's going too far for this woman to lose her vet license over this incident. But she should lose it not just because she killed this cat, but because she apparently enjoys killing animals in general. I don't know about everyone else here, but that's the exact opposite of what I look for in a vet. You expect your vet to really care about animals, and have their heart in their work so you know your animal is getting the best care. This woman has made it abundantly clear that you cannot say that about her.
She has no business in the profession.
She should lose her license, no question. Veterinarians have a moral code, just as physicians. This is a basic thing, I can't believe there are people who don't know that or don't care. No one should employ the services of a person who violates the moral code, just as no one would employ the services of a physician who killed a person just for the hell of it. Seriously people, start using your brains.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:40 AM

7,599 posts, read 5,108,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Regardless of the particulars of this case( I don't care to read it), I find it amusing how these losers are so craven for attention, they post/tweet/instagram all sorts of things that wind up coming back to bite them in the rear.
They obviously do not do it to be criticized, fired/not hired, etc.
So one must ask what were they possibly thinking?
Of course the answer is that they were not thinking, and just cannot help themselves due to their own narcissism and need for attention.

Frankly I doubt I will ever have a FB page or engage in other types of "social media", not for fear of being an idiot like these fools.
Instead it is because I am comfortable in my own skin, and do not need outside attention to gauge my self worth.

`
That's pretty much it. The world and everything in it is all about them, so whatever they like, are interested in, turns them on, etc. also applies to everyone else. If the truth were known, it probably never occurred to this woman that anyone would have a problem with her killing this cat. She enjoyed it, therefore everyone else will too.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:41 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,313,105 times
Quote:
There were some people on here that were defending her despite knowing the facts. I saw your post as more of a misunderstanding of the situation rather then defending someone who is completely wrong. At least I hope that's what your doing. So I'm not going to jump down your throat for your other posts. Many posters have pointed out numerous common sense reasons why this lady is a pure sociopath that killed a cat for fun and why she should have reasonably known that the cat was not feral. You should go back and read this entire thread.

Let me point out two other things:

1. Even if you play the "hunter" card and I accept that explanation (which I don't); a hunter kills an animal in the quickest manner possible to cause the least amount of pain. Do you really think trapping a cat with a trap, then shooting it through the head and then lifting the cat up while he is still alive so you can get your Facebook picture falls under the painless death category?

2. Do you think any person with even a shred of feelings towards animals would kill a cat which he/she wasn't a 100% sure was feral? I don't know about you but the first thing I think of when I see a cat is "oh I wonder who lost their cat" not "ITS FERAL KILL IT!!!!." Most normal people will have the same reaction.

Obviously the fact that she saw the cat and decided to trap and kill it without confirming it was feral speaks worlds about her depraved mind. If this was my first time seeing this cat, I would put up flyers asking if anyone lost a cat. If no one responded AND the cat was causing a crazy amount of damage to my property only then would I call animal control so it can be taken to a shelter.

If after reading this entire thread and the above reason you still think she was right then I don't know what to say.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:41 AM

2,784 posts, read 2,570,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon67 View Post
There are humane traps available. We own one. It doesn't harm the animal at all
I've trapped and relocated some squirrels and they were livid. Their mouth was a bloody mess from trying to chew through the cage by the time I let them out (less than an hour).

Trapping a feral cat and taking it to the vet to be put down is probably way more stress on the animal than just instant death from behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or