U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2015, 12:05 PM

5,459 posts, read 4,577,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
It's funny how the bleeding hearts care so much about animals but are happy to let children starve to death in other countries while they're feeding their faces with 100% real beef.

I don't hurt animals or cause suffering.... yeah right.
Newsflash - people can actually care about animals AND people!!!!! I hate that argument whenever people stick up for animals. Being compassionate towards animals does not stop you from showing compassionate to humans. I'm surprised no one has brought up abortion, which is usually the go-to argument to disparage anyone sticking up for animals.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:08 PM

23,873 posts, read 17,577,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Children are "animals"??? What?!?!
the poster stipulated 'technically.' and he/she is correct.

Animal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-23-2015, 12:08 PM

2,986 posts, read 3,154,440 times
Quote:
She thought it was a FERAL cat.
Care to explain how that is supposed to justify her actions?

Old 04-23-2015, 12:17 PM

7,899 posts, read 3,724,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Fine. Let the free market judge her as a vet. But how is the public at large going to know what kind of person she really is 5, 10, or 20 years down the road. All they're going to see is the vet license hanging on the wall, and will automatically assume she loves all animals... because that's what we've come to expect from someone doing that job. She may have a right to earn a living, but I think she gave up her right to earn it as a vet. The public would be better off if she found another career.
I actually think you bring up a good point regarding the ability of the general public to know what her history is.
I am not familiar enough with the profession to know if they get reported to a state licensing board like MD's do. Anyone wanting to find a MD can do their research to find out if they have been reported or have a record of malpractice suits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Cannot believe she even posted that comment either. She should just put that picture in the window of her Vet practice. Bring your sick and injured animals HERE!!!

YES.

Umm. Her picture demonstrates she's pretty much the opposite of a good vet. How is the government forcing her out?
I agree with your sentiment, and maybe there should be a means of informing the public of her deplorable behavior in this instance.
That said, I do separate what she did on her own time from her profession. She did it on her own, not as some form of euthanasia. Another words the cat was not brought to her as a vet, and she put an arrow through it. Instead she did it on her own time for whatever sick reason she had.

I know with emotions running high some will not want to look at such nuances. Still to say she should be barred from the profession I think is overreach, especially if she did not do it as part of her job as a vet.

`

Old 04-23-2015, 12:58 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,430,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I know. People in your part of the country go out and purchase their own pets to take home to kill.

Police: Oregon man bought puppy then killed it with kitchen knife | Local & Regional | Boise, Meridian, Nampa, Caldwell, Idaho News, Weather, Sports and Breaking News - KBOI 2

WILSONVILLE, Ore. -- A Wilsonville man bought a Border Collie puppy then hours later stabbed and killed it, sheriff’s deputies said Monday.
Convicted and in prison. If he was a Texan, his Mother would have posted pictures of the dead puppy on Facebook, and all his friends, relatives, and coworkers would have liked it, and posted funny comments about it, and he would be a free man today.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
All I can hope for is that, not only that she loses her license and can never work with animals again, but that she can never get any kind of job again and is completely ostracized in her community. I also hope she gets the max jail time allowed by law for that particular crime. Makes me sick!!
Her Mother took the picture, her coworkers liked it. Who is going to ostracize her? Has anybody in Texas ever gotten jail time for something. The Sheriff was dragging his feet on even investigating it. I will be very surprised if she even loses her license for this, and I expect that the vet clinic will hire her back when this all dies down.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Geez guys....

Firstly, I'm a cat lover myself and I've had to put down my sick pets (vet) and rehome others (child that developed sever allergies).

When I lived in the city, I looked after some abandoned cats and used to try to find them a home etc.

But I have no problem with someone humanly killing a feral cat that was on their property.

I have a hard time believing that she knew it was her neighbors cat and killed it anyway. And if she did actually know, then why the hell would she post it on-line?

This lady made a dumb mistake, a very dumb mistake and as a vet, she should have known that it wasn't a feral cat.

But does she deserve to have her career ruined? What's a vet's degree cost?
She ruined her career herself. What her degree cost is of no concern to me. At least four years ago she posted that she liked killing animals. I believe that she is a sociopath, and an animal abuser who should never be allowed near animals, let alone caring for them. Allowing her to treat animals, would be the equivalent of allowing a child molester to work in a daycare center.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:43 PM

5,459 posts, read 4,577,627 times
This blog by veterinarian Dr. Arnold Plotnick gives a sensitive and intelligent response to the murder of Tiger. Hopefully the anti-cat people will gain understanding and a degree of compassion.

Cat Man Do | Dr. Arnold Plotnick: Response to the Story of the Vet that Shot a Cat with an Arrow

Old 04-23-2015, 02:52 PM

1,268 posts, read 758,458 times
I'm normally not one to get too worked up over people doing harm to animals, but this woman is pretty messed up. Some of these posts are crazy though. Shooting kids, kids are property... I can definitely see where Colorado^ is coming from.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:04 PM

20,862 posts, read 22,440,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
Yes I have killed a number of those stray pets when I was a teenager. I lived on a ranch. We would have people letting there pets run loose and they would get together and harass livestock.

Two I shot, had just bitten the tail off of a heifer they were chasing, and were going after others. They turned my prize winning Milking Shorthorn Heifer from a $1,000 animal into a hundred dollar one, with just one bite. I had won enough at the county fair from animals I showed to buy a fantastic calf that was born at the fair. Those two dogs, cut her value by 90%.

I have shot all of a pack of 8 one day, that were chasing animals. I was shooting from a 100 yard to 150 yard distance with a scope mounted .250/3000, as they were running away after the first shot. After I shot them, called the Sheriffs office. A deputy came out, read their license numbers, and gave a court summons to the owners, who ended up with a big fine for letting their dogs run loose and attacking livestock. The owners all said I should not have shot at them, as they were just gentle pets. The judge ruled when they got together in a pack and were endangering livestock they were not longer pets but vicious predators. That was clear back in the 1950s.

If you have a pet, keep it home. We do, and never let our dog run loose. If not, it may be killed, and often should be. If a cat is at your home, it is a pet. Away from home a cat is a feral cat and a pest as far as anyone can tell.
How many times was the cat on her property? One time does not make a feral cat and we don't know if it was roaming her property more than once. If it was, and it belonged to her neighbors, she could have asked them to keep it indoors.

It could have accidentally gotten out. My kitty is supposed to be an indoor kitty but she doesn't know that and will attempt to escape when given the chance. I would hate to think someone would be so cruel as to shoot her at close range through the eye as this monster did. This so-called vet should know that no feral cat would ever allow her to get that close but someone's pet cat would. Mine would.

How could she kill something at close range, looking right at her,?

I am glad she got fired from her job and I hope her license is revoked. In any case, why would anyone trust her to take care of their pets after this? I wouldn't take a pet worm to this revolting piece of scum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or