U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 02:06 PM

190 posts, read 149,842 times

Advertisements

There it is.
Thanks for posting, I couldn't find it.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:07 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,871,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
If it was on his property I don't see the issue.
You don't see an issue with her killing someones cat on the owners property??

Old 04-22-2015, 02:09 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,871,379 times
So fire her and slap her with a fine and some jail time or community service. She didn't kill a person.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:10 PM

6,742 posts, read 3,868,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Glad to read she has been fired. Absolutely sickening. I can only imagine how the owners of the pet must feel seeing that picture.
Oh, but I thought she wasn't going to get fired because:

Quote:
No I did not lose my job. Lol. Psshh. Like someone would get rid of me. I’m awesome!
Like, OMG. I cannot BELIEVE they fired her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

Just curious - why do some of you immediately fall all over yourselves to excuse this behavior?
They just can't help themselves.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:11 PM

28,411 posts, read 14,127,306 times
Quote:
If it was on his property I don't see the issue.
Out of curiosity, do you feel the same about dogs.

If a family dog goes onto another person's property, you feel there is no issue if the dog is shot through the head with an arrow?

How about a horse that escapes its pastor into another?

Old 04-22-2015, 02:14 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,432,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoDog View Post
I apologize if this has been shared already, but I couldn't find it, so I figured I'd post just in case.

News media releases and info and important websites on Texas vet who killed cat - Greenville Cats | Examiner.com

Since a Texas veterinarian posted the photo of a cat shot with a bow and arrow, the post has gone viral and outrage in the animal advocacy community can be felt around the world. This article will post a few updates, along with website links to keep up on the latest information on this case.

The situation began when Kristen Lindsey, veterinarian for Washington Animal Clinic in Brenham, posted the photo of herself holding a dead cat with an arrow through the head to her Facebook page late Thursday evening. Her post read

"My first bow kill, lol. The only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through it's head! Vet of the year award ... Gladly accepted."
Whats up with Texas? Texas firefighters killing dogs. Texas veterinarians killing cats, and the list goes on and on.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:20 PM

28,411 posts, read 14,127,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Whats up with Texas? Texas firefighters killing dogs. Texas veterinarians killing cats, and the list goes on and on.
What's up with Oregon is the better question.

Oregon man serving prison sentence for collecting rainwater on his own property - NaturalNews.com

Quote:
An Oregon landowner has been subjected to a 30-day prison sentence for what he says was a simple act of collecting rainwater on his own property.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:25 PM

10,425 posts, read 5,979,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
You don't see an issue with her killing someones cat on the owners property??
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Out of curiosity, do you feel the same about dogs.

If a family dog goes onto another person's property, you feel there is no issue if the dog is shot through the head with an arrow?

How about a horse that escapes its pastor into another?
I meant the vet's property. If a person does not take care of their animal and it ends up in someone's yard or home then the property owner should not be punished for disposing of it. If, however, the vet shot the cat on the property of the cat's owner then she should pay the owner of the cat for its value.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:31 PM

2,054 posts, read 983,643 times
Quote:
No I did not lose my job. Lol. Psshh. Like someone would get rid of me. Iím awesome!

She's freaking awesome so don't fire her!

She's a veterinarian. Did she not realize that this action/post on Facebook might not go over well and could be seen as cruelty to animals? Could she not tell the difference between a pet and a stray?

Why didn't she just take the cat to work or ask around the neighborhood to see if anyone was missing a cat?

Makes you wonder if she killed any other animals in this fashion.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:37 PM

12,043 posts, read 5,595,428 times
Quote:
I meant the vet's property. If a person does not take care of their animal and it ends up in someone's yard or home then the property owner should not be punished for disposing of it. If, however, the vet shot the cat on the property of the cat's owner then she should pay the owner of the cat for its value.
Oh give me a break. Was the cat a danger to her? Her family? Her pets? I'm 100% sure you would be in complete agreement if some redneck killed your pet. Complete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or