U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 05:00 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,305 posts, read 11,821,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoDog View Post
I apologize if this has been shared already, but I couldn't find it, so I figured I'd post just in case.

News media releases and info and important websites on Texas vet who killed cat - Greenville Cats | Examiner.com

Since a Texas veterinarian posted the photo of a cat shot with a bow and arrow, the post has gone viral and outrage in the animal advocacy community can be felt around the world. This article will post a few updates, along with website links to keep up on the latest information on this case.

The situation began when Kristen Lindsey, veterinarian for Washington Animal Clinic in Brenham, posted the photo of herself holding a dead cat with an arrow through the head to her Facebook page late Thursday evening. Her post read

"My first bow kill, lol. The only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through it's head! Vet of the year award ... Gladly accepted."
I think this is just one of those Texas cultural quirks, like bringing loaded assault rifles into fast food joints. Probably a relic of their "Beverly Hillbilly"-type heritage ...... I wouldn't be surprised if she gutted it, skinned it, and made it into cat and 'possum stew. With okra and taters.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:12 AM

4,721 posts, read 4,291,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I think this is just one of those Texas cultural quirks, like bringing loaded assault rifles into fast food joints. Probably a relic of their "Beverly Hillbilly"-type heritage ...... I wouldn't be surprised if she gutted it, skinned it, and made it into cat and 'possum stew. With okra and taters.
No, this is not a "Texas cultural quirks". It is instead an ignorant woman who has now lost her job and probably messed up her life for a long time.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:19 AM

4,094 posts, read 2,827,888 times
Quote:
I'm glad you don't lower yourself to stereotyping.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:41 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,053,822 times
Very strange behavior by this young lady, I'd like to see what kind of holes she has dug on her property.

Classic signs by people who like to kill anything. -END GAME-

Old 04-24-2015, 05:42 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,314,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Not when an animal is on MY PROPERTY harassing me. Ask that woodpecker that is currently drilling away at a tree, right now that's fine but if it comes onto my house, it's a goner. The law says I can't shoot it, I say when that woodpecker or the law pays for my house then I'll give 2 turds what they think. Until then, I don't. That woodpecker starts drilling into MY house, it's dead.

Yet I can spray for bugs or shoot a wild pig--and some people have pigs as pets--and that's okay? Not to me, in my mind--and my mind is the only mind that's relevant on my property, I don't care what the law says--a pest is a pest. If you want your nuisance animal to stay alive, then keep it off my place, or get a pet that's so mild-mannered that I wouldn't mind it hanging around (like those 2 cats that show up all the time and I'm as sweet to them as I can be).

I've done "shoot, shovel, shut up" to animals before that even so much as got on my nerves, if there was no other way to get rid of them. If shooing them away worked, fine, but if not, I've got better things to do with my time than be an unpaid animal trapper or psychologist. MY back and MY fingers and MY arms are sore from working the land and I have no patience for pests of ANY kind. The minute that animal's or legislator's body parts are sore from working the land, then and only then will I give 2 turds what they think.

I stand by what I said--a person, on their property, has a fundamental right to be left alone. It doesn't matter if the cat is a threat or not. If the person doesn't like cats, then they have the inherit right to never ever encounter a cat on their property, especially one that someone else brought into the area. If I don't like country music, or rap music, then keep your music turned down or use earbuds. Keep your rats in your house so they don't chew up mine. Keep your cat out of my yard so my allergies don't go haywire or my Lexus doesn't get paw prints all over it. Keep your dog out of my yard because I don't want to be bothered with cleaning up poop or have your dog personally harassing me barking at me stupidly thinking MY property is ITS territory.

Yes, a man IS an island, on his own property he absolutely is. Yes--on my property, I AM THE LAW. Otherwise, what good is property ownership? You might as well just rent and dispense with the notion of private property rights.
I love the hypocrisy in your posts. So you believe in laws as long as they serve your purpose and rights to own land but not when the law conflicts with your clearly deviant beliefs? The state gives you the right to own the land you own. Yet when other laws of the state conflict with your actions; they are at your discretion to ignore?

By the way, you are showing your lack of knowledge, common sense and property laws with every post you make. You know that mortgage you keep bragging about paying? Go ahead and pay it off one day. Then the property is "yours" right? I DARE YOU to stop paying your property taxes to the state for "your" property. Let me know how long you get to keep "your" kingdom before you either evict it voluntarily or you are forced out by law enforcement. You OWN NOTHING as far as that land goes. No matter how much you kick, scream and insist that its your land; it will NEVER be your property. Get that through your head. You are mearly given a right to use that land provided that you pay the previous owner the full price of the land and you pay the State a rent (who permanently owns this land) FOREEVER.

In case your wondering your the type of individual that laws were made to protect society against. The deviant who justifies their actions with "laws," yet believes they are above the law to do however they please when it suits their needs. Go get some professional mental health treatment. You seriously sound like you need it.

Last edited by griffon652; 04-24-2015 at 05:54 AM..

Old 04-24-2015, 07:04 AM

25,476 posts, read 23,311,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimp View Post
Birds have been getting eaten by cats for millions of years. It's the natural order of things.

There are plenty of other birds being born every year to take their place.

But since you're on the whole "vegan" thing, I do value cats more than birds. I value cats more than non-domesticated mammals like mice. I value mice more than birds. I value birds more than fish. And I value fish more than insects.

In other words, I value the animals most closely related to mankind more than the ones so distantly related that I can't even begin to "relate" to them mentally either.

And I generally eat only chicken and turkey as far as meat goes. I don't eat beef or pork because those, too, are mammals. Not as intelligent or humanlike as cats, but mammals nonetheless. Yet that's hardly the issue at hand here.

Society, generally, values cats more than birds not because they are mammals but because they have emotional connections to human owners who will experience serious anguish if they are lost.
natural order of things is one thing, but its getting way out of hand, there are many more cats in the U.S. then anyone imagines...or realizes...

I heard a report that a certain bird is going extinct b/c of house & feral cats....and, many years ago, we used to get a monthly hunting paper, which stated, and I'm going back 20 years....that there is more small game animals killed by house cats then anything else.....

People have no clue....

Old 04-24-2015, 07:20 AM

224 posts, read 144,646 times
I read this the other day and just was sickened. I know people hunt. I know not everyone is going to love cats and dogs. But, this woman killed a pet, held it up by the arrow and was apparently very happy with herself. I know hunters that don't gloat over their kills of wild animals that they then use to feed their families. It's food, not a trophy. She treated this like a trophy kill, except it wasn't, it was just a neighbor's cat. She posted the picture, and was clearly very proud of herself. Those actions alone are upsetting but then you find out she's a vet. And I'm sorry but vets, and I say most vets, because I know there are those that don't care just like human doctors and are in it for the money, but most vets are there because they want to help animals. So to see a vet gloat about killing an animal she trained years to save adds an extra level of disturbing for most of us.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:24 AM

3,279 posts, read 3,764,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
I love the hypocrisy in your posts. So you believe in laws as long as they serve your purpose and rights to own land but not when the law conflicts with your clearly deviant beliefs? The state gives you the right to own the land you own. Yet when other laws of the state conflict with your actions; they are at your discretion to ignore?

By the way, you are showing your lack of knowledge, common sense and property laws with every post you make. You know that mortgage you keep bragging about paying? Go ahead and pay it off one day. Then the property is "yours" right? I DARE YOU to stop paying your property taxes to the state for "your" property. Let me know how long you get to keep "your" kingdom before you either evict it voluntarily or you are forced out by law enforcement. You OWN NOTHING as far as that land goes. No matter how much you kick, scream and insist that its your land; it will NEVER be your property. Get that through your head. You are mearly given a right to use that land provided that you pay the previous owner the full price of the land and you pay the State a rent (who permanently owns this land) FOREEVER.

In case your wondering your the type of individual that laws were made to protect society against. The deviant who justifies their actions with "laws," yet believes they are above the law to do however they please when it suits their needs. Go get some professional mental health treatment. You seriously sound like you need it.
Your should be you're in the last paragraph.

I'm well aware of property taxes and such. If it were up to me that wouldn't be the case. To me your property is yours to do with as you please. It's not that cat's or dog's place, and if they're not welcome here, then it's up to the owners to show some respect and keep them out of here by whatever means necessary.

That to me is the important point here. Many animal lovers have no sense of this concept, and think it's their pet's God given right to go wherever it pleases and do whatever it pleases and you're (not your) supposed to just tolerate it. You're too uptight or such if you don't feel the same as they do about their pet. So tough if you're allergic to cat fur or don't want cats dirtying up your expensive car. Tough if persistent barking distresses you. Tough if a stray dog harasses your children playing outside. Tough if you don't want to have to keep cleaning up someone else's dog's mess.

Well people get tired of it, because regardless of what the law may say, most people have a sense of their home being THEIR home. Too often, though, their preferences aren't respected, they're told "dogs bark, that's what they do" (not if you put an anti bark collar on them) or "cats like to explore" (fine, so do mine, but if my neighbor dislikes my cats pawing up their car I realize that is not okay and they make these wonderful things called doors).

The law being what it is (and I certainly take exception to laws that say I can spray for bugs but I'm obligated to tolerate cats or dogs acting just as much like pests) doesn't absolve a person from thinking about what is decent. My neighbor has a somewhat cute wife. Legally if I wanted to (unless stalker laws come into play at some juncture) I'm fully legally allowed to say outloud "oww, baby!" and do a coyote whistle when I see her. However, even if it's legal, does that mean it's perfectly okay and if they complain I should just say that and dismiss the whole notion of being a decent human? Okay then.

Some of you need to show a little respect for your neighbors who simply want to be left alone in their own property. Otherwise, yes, you're going to be dealing with a lot of things like bows and arrows or bullets, and you're going to DESERVE it when you do.

Wake up, and control your animals. Period.

Last edited by shyguylh; 04-24-2015 at 07:35 AM..

Old 04-24-2015, 07:43 AM

27,331 posts, read 15,070,011 times
Quote:
Hahahahahahaha! Best post in the thread. And no offense to Texas but that would be tater TOTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Your should be you're in the last paragraph.

I'm well aware of property taxes and such. If it were up to me that wouldn't be the case. To me your property is yours to do with as you please. It's not that cat's or dog's place, and if they're not welcome here, then it's up to the owners to show some respect and keep them out of here by whatever means necessary.

That to me is the important point here. Many animal lovers have no sense of this concept, and think it's their pet's God given right to go wherever it pleases and do whatever it pleases and you're (not your) supposed to just tolerate it. You're too uptight or such if you don't feel the same as they do about their pet. So tough if you're allergic to cat fur or don't want cats dirtying up your expensive car. Tough if persistent barking distresses you. Tough if a stray dog harasses your children playing outside. Tough if you don't want to have to keep cleaning up someone else's dog's mess.

Well people get tired of it, because regardless of what the law may say, most people have a sense of their home being THEIR home. Too often, though, their preferences aren't respected, they're told "dogs bark, that's what they do" (not if you put an anti bark collar on them) or "cats like to explore" (fine, so do mine, but if my neighbor dislikes my cats pawing up their car I realize that is not okay and they make these wonderful things called doors).

The law being what it is (and I certainly take exception to laws that say I can spray for bugs but I'm obligated to tolerate cats or dogs acting just as much like pests) doesn't absolve a person from thinking about what is decent. My neighbor has a somewhat cute wife. Legally if I wanted to (unless stalker laws come into play at some juncture) I'm fully legally allowed to say outloud "oww, baby!" and do a coyote whistle when I see her. However, even if it's legal, does that mean it's perfectly okay and if they complain I should just say that and dismiss the whole notion of being a decent human? Okay then.

Some of you need to show a little respect for your neighbors who simply want to be left alone in their own property. Otherwise, yes, you're going to be dealing with a lot of things like bows and arrows or bullets, and you're going to DESERVE it when you do.

Wake up, and control your animals. Period.
We are civilized where I live so none of us have to resort to killing the family pet with a bow and arrow. We would simply talk to one another. Easy, peasy. So, I do not think that is something I will be dealing with. You come across a tad paranoid and you seem to be missing a KEY element of this fascinating story. The killer is a VET who displayed a tasteless photo on Facebook and still expected the public to bring to her and pay her money to CARE for their sick and injured pets.

That's was her job. Caring for broken down animals. See the disconnect here?

Old 04-24-2015, 08:29 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,931,467 times
Im not necessarily defending the vet here, but something about the story doesn't quite add up.

Is it possible she is being set up? The photo looks photoshopped, was her Facebook hacked possibly?

Maybe mental health issues on her part. But something seems 'off' about the whole story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or