U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 04:24 PM

17,568 posts, read 21,748,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimp View Post
The sheer number of pages is because some people actually argue back that this killing was "fine" and in line with "personal property rights". No one makes a counter-argument in threads about child abuse, because children are more universally valued.

Everyone agreeing that child abuse is sick: 2 pages
People arguing back and forth whether cat abuse is OK or not: 27 pages

Blimp, I know! I am astounded that about how many people are defending this dirt bag! It scares me.

Putting it on Facebook? I wouldn't let any of my animals within a football field of this freak!

Old 04-24-2015, 04:49 PM

9,285 posts, read 16,124,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Yes I agree and have said as much in my first post in this thread.

However I don't know at what range she took her "shot" or what ever it's called in bow hunting.

There could well be a ginger feral tomcat that had been roaming her property and she was completely unaware of her neighbors inside cats resemblance.

Mistake or intent? That's what it boils down to. No need to go on a witch hunt until all the facts are known.
had there been a feral ginger prowling her property, a HUMANE person would have set up a humane trap for it and if still bent on killing it, would have euthanized in a humane and professional manner.... not like it would have cost her anything, being a vet and all...... traps can be bought for about $20 or borrowed from humane society or animal control.....

traps the kitty, and Oh, well, lookie there!! this little dude is not feral after all!! he's neutered, he has good body weight and hair coat... wonder if he is actually someone's pet??

instead she did what she did.....

Old 04-24-2015, 04:52 PM

3,270 posts, read 2,477,313 times
Ugh. This thread is nauseating me, seriously.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:04 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,967,152 times
I have a former stray tomcat. He used to just hang around the neighborhood and I used to leave food out for him. When he got injured by another animal, I took him in, took him to the vet, and kept him. He's an indoor cat now.

Even though it's been ten years, he still wants to go outdoors and will make a dash for the door when possible. I have always feared him getting out, not just because of cars, but because he's such a friendly cat who might walk right up to someone who will do him harm. Cats get out sometimes. I would like to think that people would do the right thing and call animal control, but seeing how people are defending this vet and see nothing wrong with what she did shows me my fear is justified.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:08 PM

11,028 posts, read 6,212,441 times
I've have volunteered with vets for years who work or volunteer at animal shelters and found vets to be tenderhearted, animal lovers to a fault. I am skeptical of this story and the reporting.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:19 PM

6,488 posts, read 6,598,773 times
I have 3 indoor cats. Two of them have never been outside. The third is a feral rescue. She was only 4 weeks old when we found her in our yard lost from her momma. She is now the cutest cat ever. Her personality is over the top. I shudder to think of some psycho shooting her through the head.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:38 PM

418 posts, read 471,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Stray cats are the number one carrier of rabies to humans.
Perhaps in other countries (although I'd still suspect dogs), but via the CDC:

"There are usually only one or two human rabies cases each year in the United States, and the most common way for people to get rabies in the United States is through contact with a bat."

Old 04-24-2015, 05:50 PM

3,464 posts, read 4,300,344 times
So much wrong information and total B.S. about feral cats here . . . Combine that with the mean spirited responses and this only reinforces what Ive known for years: humans are the nastiest, most treacherous and dangerous animals in the world.
spay and neuter you human

Old 04-24-2015, 06:06 PM

1,256 posts, read 874,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimp View Post
The sheer number of pages is because some people actually argue back that this killing was "fine" and in line with "personal property rights". No one makes a counter-argument in threads about child abuse, because children are more universally valued.

Everyone agreeing that child abuse is sick: 2 pages
People arguing back and forth whether cat abuse is OK or not: 27 pages
Exactly!

Old 04-24-2015, 06:08 PM

17,568 posts, read 21,748,544 times
One of my two cats is sweet and loving. She was once a feral who sat on our front porch when it rained or snowed. My son took pity on her and was able to "gentle" her.

Three years later, she is a friendly, spayed, feline family member.

I really just can not believe what this vet did. It makes me sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or