U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 05:53 PM

11,759 posts, read 5,213,572 times

Advertisements

Observation: Had she shot a human, she would not have faced anywhere as much hate or attention on the social media or traditional media. I don't know about you, but I have noticed that pet lovers are just plain vicious when they feel that animal cruelty is involved (shoot, what this lady did was horrible and I love my cat). I am certain there are gazillion death threats against her, and she is pretty much guaranteed to have a mental breakdown at some point soon.

Meanwhile, no one gives a poop about innocent kids dying all over the Third World countries from starvation, war, diseases, etc. for example - no outrage.

Now, if she shot a person running away instead, City-Data forums posters (and certain cable news outlet, radio talk show hosts, and a national organization led by a French sounding name) would award her a medal.

Mick

Old 04-22-2015, 05:58 PM

6,488 posts, read 6,606,637 times
WTH does collecting rainwater in Oregon have to do with this thread?!?!?

Old 04-22-2015, 06:05 PM

11,759 posts, read 5,213,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
WTH does collecting rainwater in Oregon have to do with this thread?!?!?
Resulting from a fine example of straw man arguments.

Mick

Old 04-22-2015, 06:06 PM

3,196 posts, read 2,355,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Observation: Had she shot a human, she would not have faced anywhere as much hate or attention on the social media or traditional media. I don't know about you, but I have noticed that pet lovers are just plain vicious when they feel that animal cruelty is involved (shoot, what this lady did was horrible and I love my cat). I am certain there are gazillion death threats against her, and she is pretty much guaranteed to have a mental breakdown at some point soon.

Meanwhile, no one gives a poop about innocent kids dying all over the Third World countries from starvation, war, diseases, etc. for example - no outrage.

Now, if she shot a person running away instead, City-Data forums posters (and certain cable news outlet, radio talk show hosts, and a national organization led by a French sounding name) would award her a medal.

Mick
No one is killing those children in third world countries, they're just dying. Killing a house pet for fun is so appalling because animals are innocent. If she had killed a child by shooting it in the head with an arrow the outrage would have been many magnitudes more severe. There probably would have still been a few yahoos here defending her though. Especially if it were a black child.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:09 PM

503 posts, read 355,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
No one is killing those children in third world countries, they're just dying. Killing a house pet for fun is so appalling because animals are innocent. If she had killed a child by shooting it in the head with an arrow the outrage would have been many magnitudes more severe. There probably would have still been a few yahoos here defending her though. Especially if it were a black child.
"If the black child was spreading rabies or threatening her chickens, he had it coming!" -City Data Yahoos

Old 04-22-2015, 06:12 PM

24 posts, read 21,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Was it on her property? Feral cats are nasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5mXS5F8N7w

So nasty.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:13 PM

10,491 posts, read 5,996,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
So what if your pet got out and a neighbor shot in the head for no reason?

It was an elderly neighbor's indoor cat that got out of the house for a day. She shot it for fun.

Dude, shut up. Seriously. There is no cat hunting in Texas and that cat posed no danger to anyone. The fact that it was shot in the back of the head and that she isn't harmed at all proves that. She's just an a-hole who shot a house pet for fun. She even blogged previously about how much she enjoys killing animals.
I don't have any pets and if I did I wouldn't let them wander about the neighborhood, especially if I lived in Texas where many people have guns and weapons. We don't know anything about the cat other than a vet believed it to be feral. The owners should have taken care of it. If someone left a bag of leaves on her property and she used it for bow practice no one would have an issue.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:19 PM

3,270 posts, read 2,481,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

Mick
I'm sorry, but if she had shot a human and then posted a picture of herself displaying the body with an arrow through it's head, and saying something like "the only good homeless person is one with an arrow through its head" (extrapolating here, equating "feral cat" with "homeless person") then she would be imprisoned without bail.

Your post makes no sense.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:43 PM

3,196 posts, read 2,355,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I don't have any pets and if I did I wouldn't let them wander about the neighborhood, especially if I lived in Texas where many people have guns and weapons.
So sociopaths being sociopaths is justification enough for sociopathic behavior?

Quote:
We don't know anything about the cat other than a vet believed it to be feral.
Yes we do. Stop lying. It was an elderly neighbor's cat that got out the day before. And any vet who can't tell the difference between an owned cat and a feral cat is an absolute **** up.

Quote:
The owners should have taken care of it. If someone left a bag of leaves on her property and she used it for bow practice no one would have an issue.
I don't even know what that means. Are you saying someone's pet, that they love, is the same as a discarded bag of leaves? Are you really so harebrained and heartless?

Old 04-22-2015, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Stray cats are the number one carrier of rabies to humans. Is it illegal to bow hunt in his state?
Actually, bats are responsible for the largest number of animal to human rabies transmission. Dog transmission is responsible for the most human rabies deaths.

[url=http://www.cdc.gov/rabies/location/usa/surveillance/human_rabies.html]CDC - Rabies Surveillance in the U.S.: Human Rabies - Rabies[/url]

[url=http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs099/en/]WHO | Rabies[/url]

[url=http://www.cdc.gov/rabiesandkids/people.html]People and Rabies | CDC Rabies and Kids[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or