U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-28-2015, 03:14 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,446,965 times
Reputation: 7702

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
I don't have any agenda other than to point out how hypocritical all you non-vegans are.
And you are failing epically.

 
Old 04-28-2015, 03:17 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
12,775 posts, read 7,393,550 times
Reputation: 13043
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclover View Post
Where did I claim it had to be for food consumption? Which point do you disagree with?



She killed the cat for her own enjoyment, people eat meat for their own enjoyment. I don't see a radical difference. The "purpose" in both cases is personal enjoyment which is not a valid reason in my mind to cause suffering.



Pretty much every serious medical professional disagrees with you. Keep in mind 40% of people in India don't eat meat. That is more than the population of the US.
You believe it is fine for people to kill any animal they see 'for the fun of it'? wow

Your next point (2) dealt with meat and meat production, which is why I brought up food.

People eat meat to live.
This vet did not kill the cat to live.

I did not make any claim that humans must eat meat to be healthy and strong. Please read again, Mr. Logic.

Also, I know many people from India who do not eat meat. They are weak people (physically).
 
Old 04-28-2015, 03:19 PM
 
121 posts, read 75,692 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
This is simply not true. There are specific laws against that, and I support them. I support the humane treatment of all animals, (livestock, wildlife, pets). So there is no hypocrisy on my part anyway.

Humane Methods of Livestock Slaughter Act
The laws for livestock are horrific. They are very different than the laws for pets or wildlife. Do you really think that the average pig, cow, or chicken doesn't suffer at all throughout its life?
 
Old 04-28-2015, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
215 posts, read 160,795 times
Reputation: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
It's relevant because people are arguing that vets take oaths to do no harm to animals.

And I'm not a vegan, vegetarian or hunter. People should be free to make their own choices in that regard.

But I'm not so naive as to think I don't abuse and murder animals every time I eat meat. Aparently that's OK though, because those animals lives and suffering don't count, according to the "animal" lovers.

So yeah, if she really did believe her target to be a feral cat, I see no problem. Give her the appropriate fine under TX law. But I wouldn't call for her license before knowing for certain that she knowingly killed her neighbors pet. If you guys are right, then she deserves more than a fine, I agree. But she doesn't deserve to be burnt at the stake.


So your point is, since factory farming is cruel to animals then it should be a free for all and people everywhere should be allowed to be cruel any and all animals. Is that what you are saying? Because you are not making any kind of a good point whatsoever.

"Hey everyone, chickens suffer so we can eat so it's totes okay to kill any and all animals in any manner that gives you pleasure! Have fun! Some suffer so they all should suffer!"

What a freakin' whack job you are. My God I can smell the crazy through my computer.

Just so you know, there are plenty of people like me who don't tolerate the cruelty in factory farming so we choose to use the ever growing source of meat that comes from humane sources. The demand for free range meat where animals are better taken care of which is good for them, for us and the environment is growing by the day. Of course killing an animal for food is going to involve some suffering on that animals' part and for that we should at least acknowledge that. But more and more people are buying from local farms and finding other sources than Perdue and Tyson for their meat.

But that is neither here nor there in regards to killing someone's pet. With a Gat-dayum arrow through the eye nonetheless.

Seriously the Dahmers and the Hanibal Lectors in this post scare the ****e out of me. I can't believe there is any comment for what she did other than "Unnecessary and disgusting."

She's a pig who deserves to lose her license and work at 7-11 the rest of her life. I've got better things to care about than how much her student loans cost her.
 
Old 04-28-2015, 03:22 PM
 
17,348 posts, read 14,867,210 times
Reputation: 33006
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclover View Post
So they are a jerk because they say things that people don't want to hear? They aren't a vegan or a vegetarian, they are simply pointing out the hypocrisy of people in this thread. If Colorado's goal was to convert people, what would be the proper way of doing so in your mind?
She's not simply "pointing out" anything,she's hijacking the thread to beat us over the head with it. Are hostility and accusations a good way in your view to get people to open their minds?
 
Old 04-28-2015, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,446,965 times
Reputation: 7702
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclover View Post
The laws for livestock are horrific. They are very different than the laws for pets or wildlife. Do you really think that the average pig, cow, or chicken doesn't suffer at all throughout its life?
Absolutely, and if they are suffering, then the person doing it should be charged under existing laws.
 
Old 04-28-2015, 03:27 PM
 
121 posts, read 75,692 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
You believe it is fine for people to kill any animal they see 'for the fun of it'? wow
Of course not. I don't think any killing of animals for ones enjoyment is okay, including eating meat.

Quote:
Your next point (2) dealt with meat and meat production, which is why I brought up food.

People eat meat to live.
This vet did not kill the cat to live.
That's a poor argument. People don't eat meat because they have to, they eat it because they like the taste. Look at the disgusting levels of obesity in this country and tell me again these people are going to die from starvation or malnutrition if they don't eat meat.

Quote:
I did not make any claim that humans must eat meat to be healthy and strong. Please read again, Mr. Logic.
You are implying it.

Quote:
Also, I know many people from India who do not eat meat. They are weak people (physically).
I haven't eaten a bite of meat in my life. I am bigger than the majority of people. I have a black belt in Taekwondo and I have trained MMA. I would mop the floor with nearly everyone in this thread if not everyone. Don't talk this nonsense about how vegans or vegetarians are weak, it's simply garbage.
 
Old 04-28-2015, 03:29 PM
 
121 posts, read 75,692 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Absolutely, and if they are suffering, then the person doing it should be charged under existing laws.
Where do you get this stuff? Do you know what a factory farm looks like? Why aren't all of them charged? Don't you think the act of killing something causes even the slightest bit of suffering?
 
Old 04-28-2015, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,446,965 times
Reputation: 7702
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclover View Post
Where do you get this stuff? Do you know what a factory farm looks like? Why aren't all of them charged? Don't you think the act of killing something causes even the slightest bit of suffering?
Not if it is done right, and legally.
 
Old 04-28-2015, 03:34 PM
 
121 posts, read 75,692 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
She's not simply "pointing out" anything,she's hijacking the thread to beat us over the head with it. Are hostility and accusations a good way in your view to get people to open their minds?
This thread is full of people who are obviously compassionate and hate witnessing the suffering of this cat. Therefore, I think this thread is the perfect place to point out that the bacon they are eating was made possible by far more suffering than this cat faced. People are very good at compartmentalizing things illogically. "What happened to this cat is bad because it is a cat." "What happened to this cow is fine because it is a cow." "What happened to this white person is bad because they are white." "What happened to this black person is fine because they are black." This is the reason that things that we see clearly as grave injustices were common place in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top